Return to index  

I agree

November 17 2004 at 5:16 PM
  (Login binman54)

Response to thanks for the extensive analysis,but I have to object to some sentences:

Lutz
In your response to IanS you stated "The other point I disagree is the sentence, "the first reason people drink wine is to get drunk".
I`d say certainly not. I frequently wished to drink wine without alcohol having the same taste, especially when I could not enjoy the wine as I had to drive a car afterwards."

I agree with you. Wine is enjoyed for the taste, smell, colour, etc. The alcohol content is lower than hard liquor so if you simply wish to get drunk "liquor is quicker". Sufficient alcohol not only produces all the signs of drunkenness it can help you and some friends solve political quagmires, find solutions to the worlds ills and soften the blows of fisticuffs. With all the attention paid to the worlds problems I would think that quicker would be better.
Wine is for drinking and enjoying. As for de-alcoholized wine, like all such beverages, it is not worth the price. The first reason I drink wine is the taste and de-alcoholized wine hasn't got it.

binman

Respond to this message   
ThePuristS.com Home Page