Great list Gaz. Here are some more to add:
16) never trust a skinny cook
17) followed closely by, never trust a skinny waitress
18) slow cooked food tastes better
19) With Italian food, there's no such thing as too much garlic.
20) Case studies show the phenomenon occurs with Korean food, too, where there's also no such thing as too much garlic
21) A sign in Lolita's, one of my favourite local Mexican restaurants reads, "Patience is the essence of fine Mexican food."
22) There's a Spanish saying that meals (especially home cooked meals) should be made "con cariņo" (with love/affection). The finest meals I've ever had were made con cariņo.