Return to index  

Our traditional fish soup...

April 25 2006 at 2:11 PM

(Login Anfa)

During the long hollydays of holly week, my family as tradition, went to our property in the countryside (we called the ranch) of Paraguay. On Friday night we ate our traditional fish soup called " pira caldo" wich is in guarani, our second official language inherited from our natives. "Pira caldo" simply maens "fish soup" and is exquisite. The soup is made with a river fish we have called surubi, wich is a fish with a very white meat and no small bones. The other ingredients are vegetables like potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, onions, milk, cream milk, cheese, salt and oregano (I think in english is wildmarjoram); all that accompanied with a Cabernet/Malbec Navarro Correas, a fine argentinian wine.
The second picture is of a desert "dulce de mamon"-"papaya sweet" wich is a sweet made with hot water,clove and sugar, leaving the green papaya on it for a while. On top of the papaia sweet is a cream called "dulce de leche" wich is very popular in south america, a sweet made with milk and sugar; and this one in particular is home made, much taste, yamy.. So at the end as you can see, there is no place for dieting in the ranch..
The third picture is from my friend Robert who cooked the delicious soup, he has phd cooking this ja ja ja.
And the last picture is my family just awoke on Sunday easter and looking for eggs outside with my beautifuls Micaela and Angelo, and the best thing that happened to me in my life, my wife Charo.
Enjoy!

Anfa

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page