Return to index  

the dumplings at Mizu 212...

March 18 2009 at 9:57 AM
ED209  (Login EDW209)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Dumpling...

Hi ATM,
Yes I had a 4 of the dumplings with my shabu shabu. My understanding is that in the past Mizu 212 used to serve it as a standard item with the veggie plate. But the waitress said that they took it off because some customers didn't understand it and some were allergic to it. We ended up ordering it as a side dish to add to our shabu shabu. It tasted pretty good, but a little bit mushy. At first I thought I had overcooked it since the dumplings were served frozen before I added it to the boiling water. So on the next pieces I tried a shorter cooking time but it didn't make a difference. The other strange thing is that we had a group of four and asked for 1 order ( I think it was supposed to be 4 pieces). The owner/host brought out a plate of 10 and said that 2 are complimentary. I didn't quite understand that since it would not be easily divisible by our group. Maybe he went to the same 'waiter counting class' as the people at Hollywood Billiards? LOL...

BTW, I didn't see the dumplings listed on the menu and I forgot to look at the check to see how much they charged.

Our next shabu shabu place will have to be Kushi Shabu in downtown LA. I've been there once as a guest of a very generous PuristS and we had a fantastic time. We had the all-you-can-eat and it was delicious and excellent quality. Kushi Shabu also serves kushi katsu which was incredible delicious, with a light airy texture and perfectly fried golden brown. YUMMY!

Regards,
ED-209

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page