Return to index  

INDIAN: Cute little squaws were sending smoke signals for TM

April 12 2011 at 9:19 PM
ED-209  (Login EDW209)
AP Discussion Group

A group of cute little squaws in the San Gabriel Valley were sending smoke signals to TM to join for a dinner at Indian Restaurant happy.gif

Where are you TM? Still in Inner Mongolia playing with Lambo's? You missed it on Monday, we wanted to take our pal 'G' to someplace fun to celebrate his b-day. What better than going to Indian Restaurant after hearing all the stories from you, DRMW, and ATM? LOL

Traffic was pretty clear on the 210 in the diamond lane. We arrived early and found a nice corner parking spot. (sorry for the bad iphone pics)
[linked image]

Hey wait a minute, that's JLC and we wanted to check it out, but it's NOT the JaegerLeCoultre BH boutique happy.gif
[linked image]

Main entrance. We're all wondering who is Uncle Yu?
[linked image]

Here's the laminated menu:
[linked image]

A pitcher of beer for the table. I don't really drink beer, but that has got to be the smallest beer cup I've ever seen:
[linked image]

Some very tasty watermelon juice:
[linked image]

The girls are supposed to be really cute and wear skimpy clothes. Hmmmm, interesting:
[linked image]
[linked image]

So what's for dinner? A bunch of Taiwanese style pub food. We started with grilled chicken hearts:
[linked image]

And chicken wings (in some type of sweet and sour sauce):
[linked image]

One of my favorites, the deep fried pig intestine with scallion:
[linked image]

Deep fried squab cut in fours and served with a side of seasoned salt and pepper:
[linked image]

This was pretty good, sauteed clams with basil sauce:
[linked image]

And lamb with veggies in a sizzling plate:
[linked image]

Indian restaurants famous dish, the 3 flavors hot pot. We ordered the combo which had chicken, squid and pig intestine:
[linked image]

And a plate of seafood fried rice noodles:
[linked image]

And last but not least grilled chicken skin and chicken tail (butt):
[linked image]

Then all of the sudden the lights go out in the restaurant. Our cute waitresses came by to sing happy birthday to our friend 'G':
[linked image]

What kind of bday cake did we get? It looks pretty good on the outside with strawberry's, kiwi, and peaches:
[linked image]

'G' made a wish and blew out the candles:
[linked image]

DRMW and I screamed ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What is that smell? Oh no, it can't be:
[linked image]

That distinctive odor can only be one thing (and it totally cleared out the stinky tofu odor coming from the table next to us). It's DURIAN cake!!!

How do you eat this stuff? 'G' has always wanted to try DURIAN and here's his chance. A gigantic slice with extra fresh Durian in it LOL happy.gif
[linked image]

We had a great time, wish you could have joined us TM! happy.gif

Regards,
ED-209

This message has been edited by DRMW on Apr 12, 2011 9:23 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page