<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Bratislavia ! I know one should not suggest

March 7 2004 at 10:56 AM
Les H  (no login)

resturants per say! but there goes a reputation!

Just been reminded of "Le Monde" in above city visited several times, thoughtful menue [if in Vienna take the train]a worthwhile experience.

Last time had the macoroni starter [allong with the rest of the card ]unusual hollow 5mm dia macoroni 250mm long 2mm tube filled with duck purée GREAT! how do they do this?? would take a long time blowing it in.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login MelvynTeillolFoo)
Admin

Recommendations are what we are all about >>

March 8 2004, 9:18 AM 

LesH,

Thanks for posting. Unlike the watch fora, 'personal' diners' recommendations are encouraged on WFED forum, always assuming restauranteurs (friends and relatives) do not advertise 'shill' for their own kitchens

Macaroni methodology hypothesis:

Make a thick pasta flatsheet and fill with a cylinder of duck paste. Roll the flatsheet around the filling to form a 'large' macaroni. Continue to roll and stretch the macaroni until ever-decreasing diameter of macaroni tubes are formed, whilst maintaining their filling-to-pasta ratio.

A similar method with dies is used to make candy canes with writing in the middle e.g. seaside rock candy.

Regards, MTF

Respond to this message   
Les H
(no login)

Of course I

March 9 2004, 4:46 AM 

didn’t thing it through enough, now it reminds me of more adventurous noodle dishes when I lived in HK, was not thinking laterally enough

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Bratislavia ! I know one should not suggest
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page