Vancouver Province article (Insights, legends and the Rock)December 12 2011 at 5:42 PM
No score for this post
|N. W. Bruin (Login NW_Bruin_GM)|
Insights, legends and The Rock
December 12, 2011
If you've been following the Legion of Blog in the dozen or so days since our four new hockey bloggers took the reins, you're probably starting to recognize some of their posts.
Wyatt Arndt, for instance, follows Canucks games with a bit of must-see drama: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson providing unlikely commentary about the hometown heroes. (Who knew he followed Dale Weise's heroics so closely? Life is full of surprises!)
Arndt doesn't like to just hand off to the Rock. He also shares some thoughts on what he's seen in his regular "And Boom Goes the Dynamite" feature. I mean, where are you going to find insight like this:
"Roberto Luongo is continuing to play well, to the surprise of nobody in Vancouver," writes Arndt (see the smile on his face as he writes it?). "Luongo is a great regular season goalie, not many can deny that, and he always plays strong at this time of the year.
"The one big encouraging sign I can see is that he isn't flopping to his stomach as much, nor is he going all in with a 5-8 off-suit all the time. 'I swear, the flop will save me!'"
Now that's analysis.
There's much more at the Legion of Blog (theprovince.com/legionofblog), including Cam Charron's regular "Don Cherry Confused Me" and J. Bowman's "NHL Casting Call: Ottawa Senators."
Bowman's right: Senators head coach Paul MacLean does look a lot like legendary character actor Wilford Brimley. Our other bloggers roared through the weekend at provincesports.com/blogs. Like E. Spencer Kyte, with his post-event take on UFC 140. And we encourage you to take a gander at a Vancouver Giants video from the Teddy Bear Toss Friday night. If they hit 50,000 YouTube views, the Giants will donate $10,000 to The Province's Empty Stocking Fund. Come on, folks, start watching!
© Copyright (c) The Province
- Vancover Province article (Circle of giving keeps turning) - N. W. Bruin on Dec 12, 5:43 PM
- Edmonton Journal article (Ferland used to beating long odds) - N. W. Bruin on Dec 12, 5:49 PM
- Edmonton Journal (Team Canada hopeful Di Giuseppe in pursuit of 'three really good days') - N. W. Bruin on Dec 12, 6:10 PM
- Leader-Post article (Rod Pedersen will be back in the booth) - N. W. Bruin on Dec 12, 6:15 PM
- Leader-Post article (Lipon, Bell finding their way with Blazers) - N. W. Bruin on Dec 12, 6:18 PM
- Leader-Post article (Regina Pats accept a gift from Kamloops Blazers) - N. W. Bruin on Dec 12, 6:24 PM
- Calgary Herald article (Hitmen rally for win against Wheat Kings) - N. W. Bruin on Dec 12, 6:35 PM
- Calgary Herald article (Christian Thomas knows Dad's got his back) - N. W. Bruin on Dec 13, 9:12 PM