Laffing Devils MC..fake or not fake?

by Axle (Login SoCalRedNeck)
Horsemen

Found this on google--a blog named "Hulig":

"...The new Discovery Channel reality series, The Devils Ride, is causing a lot of controversy among viewers. Some are adamant that the show could not be real; others are taking a more open approach, giving the showand the Laffing Devilsa chance to prove themselves. Here on Huliq, many readers have chimed in with their opinions. An anonymous reader got the comment ball rolling on a recent article:

What respectable MC airs their MC business with the world on national television? Also, if you listen and watch what goes on in the first airing, they contradict themselves relative to membership/tension etc. Lastly, the wives of the members go out for dinner in public with cameras rolling for national TV and they (or Prospect Charles) worry about some paparazzi taking pics of them? If you don't want your pic taken, why are you on TV? Also, I wonder if they realize that Red and White is the colors of another well known worldwide MC that has been around for over 50 years. I am curious to know if these TV bikers got permission to use those two colors and center logo from the worldwide MC that owns them?

A lot of questions, all pointing, of course, to fake. Others, however, were less critical of the show, such as this anonymous commenter:

Hey, theyre cool! All MCs don't have to be 1%ers. Theyre there with permission. These guys are just in it for the Brotherhood of riding with friends. A step up from your local Hog chapter.

Also, Rob said:

Maybe they really are just a club who likes to ride motorcycles. It sounds like people here are taking it too seriously. You don't have to live like something out of a movie to have a group of people who ride together.

Is a Cop-MC Prez Marriage Acceptable?

An interesting issue that arose in this comment stream was the suggestion that one of the Laffing Devils is married to a police officersomething that readers adamantly say would never happen in a real MC.

Anonymous:

THIS IS NOT A REAL MC....TOTALLY BOGUS...BY THE WAY...GIPSY'S WIFE IS A COP! NO REAL MC WOULD EVER HAVE ANY TIES TO LAW ENFORCEMENT! WHAT A JOKE!

Anonymous:

Any MC associated as closely with law enforcement ie.. wife of a prez...is definitely not welcomed near or around our club.

Sheryl:

I am 55 and been riding since I was 15 only an AMA riding club would allow a person with a cop in the family, esp. the president, to have a cop for a wife what a &^%*($^ joke.

Others, however, seemed to think having a cop in an MC could be a benefit, like Zrfunited, who still agreed, overall that the Laffing Devils were likely fake:

Most likely their antics are contrived for television. Like I said, I most likely won't watch it. Don't really care to watch a bunch of folks playing at the fantasy. I would actually venture to say that a wife or girlfriend who was a cop would be a great benefit to an outlaw.

It was unclear, overall, just what readers felt defined an MC, but those ideas were clearly polarized as well. While some debated on whether or not an MC would ever allow itself to be associated with a police officer, other anonymous comments focused on the other possibilities of being in a MC:

Anonymous:

Not all clubs are created to perpetuate scum, hate and discontent of all those around. Some of us are actually here to really help others.

You are exactly right. There are no rules to an MC that's what keeps everyone guessing. If their were specific rules it would not be an MC.

And, Sheryl agreed, saying:

Real clubs have raised more monies for St. Judes , cancer treatment , etc., than our government or any private org.

Whatever the definition of a real MC, one thing is clear: As long as The Devils Ride is hitting the airwaves at the Discovery Channel, it is going to be stirring up controversy, particularly the question that has yet to be answered: Fake or not fake?"

I am NOT a REAL BIKER.
"Hold my stones."

[linked image]

Posted on May 30, 2012, 11:44 AM
from IP address 165.24.253.150

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses