Just a heads up...............

by (Login Danowert)
Horsemen

The AHDRA Midwest Nitro Nationals there were to be held this weekend at Tulsa Raceway in Tulsa, OK have been cancelled......

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SWELTERING HEAT FORCES CANCELLATION OF THE AHDRA-MID-WEST NITRO NATIONALS AT TULSA RACEWAY PARK ON JUNE 30TH JULY 1ST, 2012

Pfafftown, NC, June 25, 2012 Due to a record setting heat wave over the mid-west, with temps this weekend in the 100's, AHDRA has made the tough decision to cancel the Mid-West Nitro Nationals scheduled for June 30th and July 1st.

"The AHDRA Staff has examined all options and have determined that conditions are not favorable for a safe race, due to unseasonably high temperatures, forcing the cancellation of the AHDRAs Mid-West Nitro Nationals at Tulsa Raceway Park this weekend, stated Craig Tharpe, AHDRA President.

Tharpe further stated that, The decision to cancel a race is never easy, but considering the circumstances, there is no question that the safety of our racers, spectators and staff is of the utmost importance. We are grateful to the staff at Tulsa Raceway Park, a first class facility, and this years presenting sponsor, Route 66 Harley-Davidson, for their support and understanding. Our experience at previous races, where temps reach the upper 90's, have taught us that the heat seriously affects leather clad racers and spectators. With even the most conservative forecasts predicting 101 and some with heat indexes as high as 110-115, this would not be a safe or pleasant experience for any of us. There is no plan to re-schedule the event at this time. We regret any hardship this decision causes, but I know it is overall the best for all concerned.

I'll see ya all next year. I really did like the facility and the staff there. I got to meet a great bunch of people last year.

Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
Omar N. Bradley

[linked image]

Posted on Jun 26, 2012, 8:22 AM
from IP address 72.44.145.218

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses