Sites & Forums

By
R.W. "Dick" Gaines
Gny Sgt USMC (Ret.)
1952 (Plt #437-PISC)--1972

SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

PLEASE CLICK-HERE! FOR ADDITIONAL POSTS AT GyG's WEBLOG @NETWORK54.Com

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return To Forum/Index!  

REPRINTS and NEW PUBLICATIONS...George Clarrk...

April 28 2007 at 4:50 PM
No score for this post

GyG  (Login Dick Gaines)
Forum Owner
from IP address 71.1.245.84

*****************************************************************************************
Friends

I have found more items that may titillate your wallet. Same pattern: .10 cents per page plus $4 and actual shipping costs. They are:

never published by me previously:

W.D. Norwood. JOHN W. THOMASON, JR. published by the Southwest Writers Series, Austin, Texas. Have had permission to reprint this for many years, but have been too lazy to do anything before this. This is more of a literary biography, including a bibliography of most regular publications. Interesting and informative. about 50 pages with four of his illustrations.

Stamper, William J. BEYOND THE SEAS. A series of short stories, mostly about Marines (including the natives) and their service in Haiti, Santo Domingo, and China. Stamper was a Marine officer for a number of years and served in all three destinations. I think they are well done. Not as good, perhaps, as Thomason but in the same sort of style. This was ONLY printed one time in softcover in San Diego by the suthor, tho he had numerous stories in pulp magazines. About 215 pages.

published previousley:

Clark, G.B. HISTORY OF THREE/FIVE. I decided that 1/5 and 2/5 had brief WWI histories but i couldn't locate one for 3/5, so i did it. Highly detailed, day by day. About 60 pages.

Collins, Harry. THE WAR DIARY OF HARRY COLLINS. Harry tells a story which ended on 3 October 1918 at Blanc Mont. Interesting in the earliest portions. about 30 pages.

Gulberg, Martin Gus. A WAR DIARY. self-published in 1927 in Chicago. Good stuff from 1 April 1917 until arrival at Hoboken and discharge on 23 May 1919. Well-written. About 60 pages.

Strott, George ChPhrmMate. HISTORY OF THE MEDICAL PERSONNEL OF THE UNITED STATES NAVY, SIXTH REGIMENT, MARINE CORPS, AMERICAN EXPEDITIONARY FORCES IN WORLD WAR 1917--1918.
Strott wrote mostly details, including those men decorated with their citations. About 50 pages.

U.S.A. - BLANC MONT. No. 9. Highly detailed U.S. Army publication in 1921 with substantial information about that most terrible of battles for the Second Division. One of a series on those battles fought by the AEF. About 45 pages and a folding map.

U.S.M.C. -REGIMENTAL REGULATIONS - FOURH MARINES (in Shanghai). Loads of fun to read. written by a bureaucrat (CO - Col Fegan) and some entries are so stupid it makes you wonder if the 4th Marines could do anything besides follow these mostly inane regulations. About 30 pages.

There you have them. Any interest?

george clark

"George B. Clark"

brasshat@surfglobal.net

**********************************************************************************************************

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return To Forum/Index!  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

Joe Rosenthal's "Gung-Ho Shot!"

23 February 1945
Mount Suribachi, Iwo Jima

(Photo-Image courtesy of Doug Kidd)
http://www.leatherneck.com/dougkidd/

eXTReMe Tracker