Going backwards-help

by Tony Winzar

We have just had Autocad LT2008 installed. Up till now we had Autocad 2000 Mech Desktop. Management wanted to save money due to the implementation of Vista & so we now have to use this LT application. (What does 'LT' stand for? Lower Technology?). Please do not mention 'compatability mode' unless you can catagorically state that ACAD 2000 WILL work with Vista turned to XP compatability. i.e. You have done it & it works.
Anyway, question....How do you set, on the graphics screen, a layer to be current. With Acad 2000 it was the command 'setlayer'. You used 'setlayer' by clicking on a visible line, circle. text etc & that layer became the active layer. Cannot find it or anything resembling it in LT. Does it exist?
I would just (in ACAD 2000) type 'appload' & load in the .lsp routine but I understand from reading various WEB forums that LT will not allow the loading of .lsp files. Surely this cannot be correct!
I've managed to turn off many of the over complicated dialogue boxes that pop up from time to time & on a personal note LT seems to be too overburdened with options for something that draws lines & circles.
Help!

Posted on Feb 6, 2008, 3:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Re: Going backwards-help. ittcadnnut, Feb 6, 2008
    1. Help. Tony Winzar, Feb 8, 2008
      1. Re: Help. Carl, Feb 8, 2008

Find more forums on SoftwareCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement