Return to Index  

Re: 2012 Canadian Nationals @ Montreal

July 31 2012 at 2:23 PM
Anonymous 

Response to 2012 Canadian Nationals @ Montreal

Although that is the spirit of the club structure, I totally agree. Take a look at Vancouver. FCRCC crushed everyone with ease for a very long time because it cornered the market on all good paddlers for a very long time. After FCRCC there was a big drop off in talent and their main challengers were FCRCC 2. One West made the big move up last year but as we can see from these nationals they still aren't "that" good. I prefer the Central region's system of smaller clubs who can rise up and challenge. Over the years we've seen Imps, Wong's, X-Paddling, MCC, Huron Kayak, Madawaska, Mayfair, Sudbury, Scotia Rouge, Slipstream and Verdun all lay claim to title of best overall. With really strong teams below them all pushing to be the "next one". Teams like Big Fish, Hammerheads, SRP/Piranhas, NDRC, CSDC, BMO Montreal and Hydrophobic.

Give me the central region's style any day. This is the Mecca of dragonboating. We're all as good as we are now because of the competition.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Water SportsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement