video link for record setting 500 open final in Australia

September 25 2007 at 10:06 PM
Anonymous 

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: video link for record setting 500 open final in Australia

September 25 2007, 10:24 PM 

Great racing by the USA team. Closer to home, check out the Premier Women's 500m race. Canadian women rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP-nTl87iPI&NR=1

Anonymous

September 25 2007, 10:40 PM 

absolutely insane! Thanks for putting this up!

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 9:35 AM 

What a surge by the women right near the end! Great paddling!

And a 1:48 by the US. Very impressive......just imagine what the real Canadian Open crew could've done on that course!!!!

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 10:45 AM 

Holy Crap! The Chinese had a good 3/4 lead on the Canadians. Unbelievable!

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 11:01 AM 

That's camera angle

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 11:35 AM 

"...just imagine what the real Canadian Open crew could've done on that course!!!!"

Are you assuming that the "real Canadian Open crew" would have easily won this competition?

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 11:35 AM 

Well can I say that the Chinese had a fairly LARGE lead?

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 11:46 AM 

"Are you assuming that the "real Canadian Open crew" would have easily won this competition?"

Yeppers, that's about right. Top 3 for sure.

took out a loan for sydney

September 26 2007, 11:51 AM 

If you are so f-ing great, raise some money, quit making excuses, get off the couch, and come to a real race.

You should ask for your money back

September 26 2007, 12:00 PM 

The only time I get off my couch is when I need to go to the store for more cheese doodles.

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 12:02 PM 

Yea...quit fantasizing about what could have happened...

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 12:07 PM 

Over the past decade the roster on the Mens premier Team did not change very much. They spent a ton of money in that time. Several have retired from dragon boat and many have moved up to Senior. Because of the political BS fewer of the younger star canoe/kayakers are being encouraged to participate in dragon boat. They opted to not take their Premier berth and pass it over to FCRCC. Call it what you want but thats all there is to it. They did not want to field a weak team if those in the crew could no longer commit plus with work and University those who they would have wanted to race with were not available.

FCRCC did well in a strong field. Are they as good as the guys who couldn't go? No, but thats besides the point.

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 12:10 PM 

I think the guys just got tired of winning so much, and decided to let another country have some glory again.

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 1:28 PM 

I remember in NTT's at Welland, False Creek was not as far behind the men's teams as they were behind US, GB and Phillipines. Also, in Berlin, Canada men lost to the US in the 500 and the 1000, including not making the final in the 1000. Who knows how they would have done against what seem to be improved GB and US teams. It seems that the best club crew system wont work anymore.(at least in premier open divisions)

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 2:09 PM 

After the best crew wins the NTT, aren't they still allowed to recruit stronger paddlers to beef up their roster? I always thought that the point of the NTT was to give the power to run and coach the national crew to the winning club. I guess that's not the case?

Backward Rowing

September 26 2007, 2:12 PM 

Nice video link.

Yes, I disagree with DBC method of choosing a programme director who generally picks a club crew and then throws in add-ons. It is not DBC's fault, the fault lies with our paddlers. Why not do what most other Canadian national teams do -- pick the best people across the country, practice for 2 weeks, dump the dead weight, and off they go to the world's. (And if they have money, practice for 4 months together, but that is another story.)

If team members are committed to the sport, how hard is it to get 3 weeks vacation time. That was my understanding of Team Canada for the first women's IIHF World Women Championships. I remember the interview when one of the forwards went home, showed up for work, and her co-workers were concerned that her husband beat her up and landed her in the hospital for 3 weeks. She tried to explain she was in training and her team won gold, but they did not believe her due to the bruises. Something about her being 95 lbs being checked into the boards by a 200 lbs Russian.

Just to create controversy... I can actually say that a lot of athletes are better than Americans in track; however, they can't fund the endeavour. The ones that win gold in the Olympics are still considered the best, regardless. We can whine all we want, but why should anyone fund this sport? Sadly enough I get my news from website like this, instead of CBC or the National Post. The sport has to be mainstream to garner that kind of attention... which always brings me back to DBC, what do they do?

Volunteer, volunteer, volunteer... that's what I have heard from many a people, but that does not get what we need, which is funding. DBC, IDBF, GAISF are all in the right direction. BCS side-show, also a good thing. Volunteering will only help in the junior and corporate divisions, which in turn legitimizes the sport to the mainstream. If free money and volunteers are to float around, it should towards junior teams, so they create a pool of future adult teams. Does your club have junior teams? Does your premier crews "sponsor" through cash/coaching/mentoring junior teams? Does club administration have liasons to schools, youth groups, etc to these kids? Does your club have NCCP coaches that have been screened to coach kids?

Away from hockey, soccer in Canada (professionally) sucks, yet there is a strong juniors group. A very few select players move on to professional teams as adults (in Europe, Latin America, etc), but a lot more continue playing in beer leagues across North America. I guess that is what I hope to see with dragon boating. I am hoping in a generation's time it will become legitimized through these kids teams.

Hmmm, I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but watching the various finals on youtube got me going. And as for me, it's the end of the season. Probably won't read this forum again until next year.

See you all then.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

gypsy

September 26 2007, 3:58 PM 

that last one was too long to read.

I'm not baiting anyone here, but I am curious to know: was there any drug testing at the Sydney competition?

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 4:03 PM 

Definitely know that one US paddler was tested after the 1000 win not sure how many others.

Anonymous

What would they do with it?

September 26 2007, 4:09 PM 

If IDBF is so poor, how would they pay for drug testing. I don't think it's cheap.

Maybe they just sniffed it, swirled it around in the cup...check the legs, held it up to the light to appraise the colour, and finally took a little sip. <swish, swish, spit>

"Ah, very good. Not HGH, Epo, or nandralone. A touch tanic for my taste, but overall a nice cup of urine."

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 8:36 PM 

backwards rowing, you have a lot to say for a rookie whose only started paddling

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 11:28 PM 

A couple of points.

1. The poster who described why the usual (1999, 2001, 2003, 2004) collection of open men didn't go is correct. They are either done with dragon boat, moved to senior or didn't want to be part of a weak crew and would rather do something else like outrigger, for example. They were unable to lure enough of the next generation of top young paddlers to come on the trip.

2. The total amount of training time in a boat together for last years NTT was 45 minutes for the group of athletes that raced with a lot of new bodies. It has been proven again and again (remember G&G) that you can't just drop great flat water paddlers into a boat and expect to win anymore, yet somehow last year these guys did. They would have been much better this year if they had gone for it.

3. Since they didn't go for it FCRCC did. They did their best just like every other Canadian crew there. We should be proud of them. Stop dumping on them.

4. How, pray tell, do you pick a National Team in DB like you do in hockey? How do you judge individuals across such a large country effectively? Please spare me all the different tests. You need fit athletes who can move the boat and paddle together. Dropping 5-10 Toronto paddlers in with a similar number of False Creekers isn't going to make a good crew because of huge technical differences (I refer you to another thread on technique). No...the system we've been using isn't broken. We just need the best coaches and athletes involved.

Peace.

Anonymous

September 26 2007, 11:33 PM 

And one more thing. The open crew that raced in Berlin was substantially weaker than any of the other years as best bodies weren't available. The expectations that crew had going in were totally different than other years.

While results at the worlds indicate the balance of power has shifted in DB, I am confident that we still have the bodies to win a nations cup but perhaps the will to do it isn't in those bodies at the moment. Whether it ever will be again remains to be seen, but one thing I want to clarify is that none of the paddlers I know who were there before are going around saying anything bad about those who raced for us this year or that they could have done better.

Backward Rowing

September 27 2007, 2:35 AM 

Anon September 26 2007, 8:36 PM said:
"backwards rowing, you have a lot to say for a rookie whose only started paddling"

Actually, have been dragon boating for 8 years and outrigger canoed for 6 years (took this year off).

Anonymous

September 27 2007, 11:41 AM 

2 points.

1. There are no world records records in watersports.

2. MCC Open posted a 1:47 in Welland in 2003. That is still the fastest time I have ever heard/seen.

Anonymous

September 27 2007, 12:15 PM 

In Asia, you will often find plenty of times ending in the mid 1:40's all the t1me.

Anonymous

September 27 2007, 12:25 PM 

Maybe, but those aren't on official IDBF approved courses that are guaranteed to be 500m. And who knows, maybe there on rivers with currents?

Anonymous

September 27 2007, 12:30 PM 

They might also stand up to paddle in those races

Anonymous

September 27 2007, 3:32 PM 

There are records for CCA. The conditions have to be a certain way but they do have them.

Anonymous

September 27 2007, 4:03 PM 

The true National team woud not have done much better ,if any ,than FCRCC did . FCRCC did not lose by much to that team at the NTT's and since then FCRCC got stronger as you can see by the results agaisnt Germany & Macau .At the Club Crews Germany just inched out FCRCC in open as everyone saw but at the worlds FCRCC buried them and had over a boat length on both teams .The Philippines were amazing and a machine if you witnessed them live .The USA dug deep to pull that off and the Philippines dominated for most of the heats.Great Britain was also very good posting some fast times and there is no way the eastern National team would have even come close to the top 2 . The aussie's consider the course to be somewhat slower ,they said ,so one can only imagine haw fast it may have been if that event had been held at Welland .The last NTT's had some fast times by both teams but also remember there was a good tailwind .

Anonymous

You can't say that.

September 27 2007, 4:19 PM 

"The true National team woud not have done much better ,if any ,than FCRCC did ."

That makes no more sense then saying the "true" national team would have kicked everyone's a$$es. They weren't there, so there's no way to know, either way.

We DO know that this was the worst showing from our Premiere Open or Mixed team since Nottingham, which were also FCRCC crews now that I recall....

um, you know what? nevermind.

Anonymous

September 27 2007, 8:28 PM 

Thats like comparing apples to oranges .There was a member from the Toronto crew on the FCRCC team and he himself felt they probably would not have done much better .I'm sure the seniors will tell you that as well.

Berlin was a cakewalk compared to who showed up down under for the premier .The Chinese appeared to be senior in age and looked to possible be "ShunDe" for the most part and rather then race senior they tried to take a shot at the premier because they did so well in Berlin ,Look where China ended up .Look at the Slovacks ,powerhouse team and end up around the same as FCRCC

Unless you were there your opinion really isn't worth much

Anonymous

September 27 2007, 9:03 PM 

Its not really worth much if you were there either because you probably weren't there at all the previous worlds. Why not stop trying to compare Gordie Howe to Wayne Gretzky ffs.

I don't know one of the 1997 to 2004 premier guys who regret their decision to decline this trip, and I don't know of any of them saying they could have done better. Everybody in Sydney was great. Why not leave it at that?

Anonymous

September 28 2007, 8:01 AM 

"There was a member from the Toronto crew on the FCRCC team and he himself felt they probably would not have done much better"

"He" is not a member of the Eastern team that won nor was he on any of the previous Premier Open crews. This was his first time at the Worlds.

Anonymous

September 28 2007, 4:25 PM 

I think FCRCC did fairly well when you look at the times .In most cases there times were faster than the crews from previous yrs and they placed higher in the longer distances than the berlin team did .The others teams were just alot stronger than before it appears and I really hate well if this team had gone BS ,they didn't go ,they had the chance ,so stop the critizing .Canada was represented very well

Anonymous

September 28 2007, 4:44 PM 

You can't tell how well a team did by times. The same course, conditions, and boats are not used every year.

Anonymous

September 28 2007, 6:37 PM 

Can't you gusy see this is a no win arguement , lets go back to playing the Mayfair vs FCRCC arguement !

FCRCC mixed wins , gold - 2000 meter,silver - 500 meter

Anonymous

September 28 2007, 10:54 PM 

hmm.. looking at the results, it seems FCRCC was a top contender in Premier Mixed, something no internet jockey has the ability to take away from them.

There Premier Open appears to have done alright if you look at the times and placings. Not medal contenders but good enough I suppose, but i'm sure they'd wish they'd done better in Open also

Anonymous

September 28 2007, 11:17 PM 

Anon September 26 2007, 8:36 PM said:
"backwards rowing, you have a lot to say for a rookie whose only started paddling"

Actually, have been dragon boating for 8 years and outrigger canoed for 6 years (took this year off).

8 years, 10 years, 2 years, it's all the same if you haven't accomplished anything. Tooling around in recreational teams does not count.

the only opinions worth listening to are those who have learned from experience. And you don't have the experience or pedigree to go around passing off advice like say, your average Olympian whose out there to give helpful advice if you asked.

I say this, not to be mean to you, but there's no other way around it. It's embarrassing to read your posts that are so full of 'wisdom'.

Wise up man. Shut up, and spend more time on the water

Backward Rowing

September 29 2007, 5:41 AM 

To Anon September 28 2007, 11:17 PM

"8 years, 10 years, 2 years, it's all the same if you haven't accomplished anything. Tooling around in recreational teams does not count."

I have to agree, tooling around in recreational or competitive haven't accomplished anything. That would include gold medals at the worlds. Bling means nothing. Accomplishment would be to do my best at every race, to participate in fruitful discussion and to actively promote the sport. Some of the best coaches in this sport have not gone to the worlds, but their experience from competition, other water sports and dragon boating makes their opinions worthwhile. I believe I have accomplished that.

"the only opinions worth listening to are those who have learned from experience."

I agree as well. From experience, let is be, as you say, 8 years, 10 years or 2 years, that experience should be passed on. Luckily, I have done this, and hopefully well.

"And you don't have the experience or pedigree to go around passing off advice like say, your average Olympian whose out there to give helpful advice if you asked."

I disagree, on this point. In every sport, the best athlete has generally not been the greatest person of experience. I have found that the best coaches have been the best people to teach, promote and push every sport to the highest level. Only spectators and young children needing inspiration look at the best athlete. Also, I did not know that dragon boat racing is an Olympic sport. I guess in that point, no one has any pedigree to discuss dragon boating.

"I say this, not to be mean to you"

Thank you for not being mean. I accept criticism as all "students" should. One way to reach Nirvana is to learn.

"It's embarrassing to read your posts that are so full of 'wisdom'."

Yes, I did not make a study of the things I have said in this forum and www.dragonboatwest.net forum. Heck, I didn't even check the math or spelling in some cases. I only hope you found my opinions clear. Please feel free to disagree. For the rant I made in this thread, I know that Stefan Jager (Netherlands) and Chloe Greenhalgh (Canada) would disagree with me; however, both have said that modern dragon boating is a new sport, and they need all the help they can get. Discussion is always good.

I am truly sorry that you are embarrassed by reading my humble opinions. Full of wisdom, no, just some observations over the years. Granted, I am not a witty as some posters, nor am I able to write concise replys of "you suck", etc., but I am trying to contribute to the discussion. I am not saying I am right, also I am saying to all those who read this and other threads to please contribute.

"Wise up man. Shut up, and spend more time on the water"

Finally, I have to agree on this one. Everyone must wise up by observing and communicating. If you do not, then according to this forum MOFO is truly the hottest team or Mayfair paddlers are gods or there is no such thing as fair dragon boat racing outside southern Ontario. If you do observe and communicate, it will allow a lot of people to understand what is happening in this sport.

In another burst of unfound wisdom, perhaps if this forum had discussed the money troubles of Team Canada premier open, some of the readers of the forum would have gotten a hold of sponsors for these poor Torontonians so they could have made it to Syndey 2008.

In any case, yes, off I go into English Bay to practice. And yes anon, I plan on doing the UBC Day of the Long Boat competition this weekend, and hopefully do ORPC Bridges OC-6 races, Battle in the Bay OC-6 and Lotus Icebreaker V-12 before I get back into dragon boating next year as well. Granted I am not an Olympian, but I am sure going to have fun this winter.

So please contribute. Add you opinions. Criticize others. Find the faults in my statements. Please anon September 28 2007, 11:17 PM, instead of saying all my posting suck, please critic it in an informative manner to everyone. Then everyone, including myself, can understand what your ideas are. And if you feel that I and other posters are not elite enough for you, perhaps creating a forum with only registered elite athletes will help you. It certainly would cut down on the useless chatter.

In the meantime my friends, Paddles Up!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Forum Troll

September 29 2007, 5:29 PM 

Backward Rowing, you're an a$$hole! How's that for a thoughtful, and constructive critique, you f#cking two-handed, tea sipper?

I haven't been to the worlds, but I sure as hell have respect for the athletes who have invested EVERYTHING, and HAVE been. Likewise for the coaches.

Only a douchebag would say that winning a gold at the World's doesn't mean anything, you arrogant a$$wipe. You clearly have given NO THOUGHT WHATSOEVER to what it took to GET that gold.

Yeah, you go ahead and make your thoughtful contributions to team discussions at practice, while the real men and women are grunting and panting for all the glory that World gold brings. And they deserve every bit of it.

Shaddap, you f#cking nancy-boy!

(F#CK, I haven't been this pissed off in a while!!!!!!!)

Anonymous

September 29 2007, 6:21 PM 

^
LOL

Backward Rowing

September 29 2007, 7:26 PM 

Always nice to hear from you Forum Troll.

Anonymous

September 30 2007, 2:33 AM 

backwards rowing, sounds like this would be a good time to start listening to what everyone is trying to tell you. a lot of it is couched harshly, but i agree with the message buried in there too

Anonymous

September 30 2007, 2:50 AM 

"I disagree, on this point. In every sport, the best athlete has generally not been the greatest person of experience. I have found that the best coaches have been the best people to teach, promote and push every sport to the highest level. Only spectators and young children needing inspiration look at the best athlete. Also, I did not know that dragon boat racing is an Olympic sport. I guess in that point, no one has any pedigree to discuss dragon boating."

Backwards Rowing
Mate, you completely missed the point. No one's saying you can't discuss the sport. I think what's being said is you can't discuss the sport from the P.O.V. of a.... what's the word... a guy who knows it all.. without embarrassing yourself.

Eat a little humble pie,
stop trying to show off about what you're paddling in the winter (no one cares about the hokey little races)

The fact that you dismiss medaling at the Worlds as meaningless 'bling' shows a lot about the scope of your experience and views.

Every amateur athlete out there training for events on the International level, ie Olympics, Worlds, World Cup circuits.. knows that it's all about the pursuit, the process, of working towards that 1st place on the podium.

And really, Backwards Rowing, you just pissed in the face of all these athletes to save face.

take a break, go chill

Anonymous

Nottingham not all FCRCC

October 2 2007, 4:55 PM 

We DO know that this was the worst showing from our Premiere Open or Mixed team since Nottingham, which were also FCRCC crews now that I recall....

In Nottingham the FCRCC only did the 250 meter race in the IDBF worlds, they raced in the European Club Crews in the other 2 distances while the Toronto area team did the other events in the IDBF races.

Anon

October 2 2007, 5:37 PM 

The "Toronto Area Crew' won a silver and a bronze (1000 and 500) while FRCC did "dick" in the 250.

Anonymous

October 2 2007, 6:19 PM 

There will always be haters !

lets review and forget the bull**** talk about different courses .Remember the teams down under were much faster than ever before as we can see by the world record being broken twice .Once by the Phillipines and then again by the US

Berlin
open 2000 - can't compare different distances - oz was longer then 2000 -
open 1000 - Canada didn't even place
open 500 - Canada 1.52.75 , winning time 1.51.25
open 200 - Canada 46.21 , winning time 45.53

Australia
open 2000 - Canada 5th place ( higher placing )
open 1000 - Canada 3:57.11 - 5 th place (higher placing )
open 500 - Canada 1.53.54 winning time 1.48.74 ( world record )
open 200 - Canada - 45.18 winning time 42.16
open 200 - Canada - 1.53.54

As for the 500 time ,FCRCC went a 1.51 in their semi ,for the final FCRCC knew they were only going minor so some sat out and allowed the spares to race giving everyone the chance to have a race at the worlds and I think that was the right thing to do all considered .They still won the minor final even though it was a slower time

here was there semi times :

Philippines 1:49.60
United States 1:50.21
Slovakia 1:51.13
Canada 1:51.95
Chinese Taipei 2:00.34
Japan 2:01.64

so to all you haters get over it .If you think you could have bettered than why were you sitting on your ass at home ?

As mentioned prior if you look at how FCRCC did agaisnt the teams they raced at the Club Crews that were also present in Australia you will see they were considerably faster then Germany or Macau .Fcrcc did a good job overall .You seem to forget they did very well in mixed so get over it and move on.Take at shot at the next worlds if you were so disappointed !

Anonymous

October 2 2007, 7:26 PM 

It looked like FCRCC used two women in their stroke seat for the open semifinal, while they missed the final by not too much. Maybe they gave up early for a win in the minor final. (btw I have no idea why when they weren't too far away from the nations cup)

Anonymous

October 2 2007, 7:31 PM 

only one female, and she's just as strong as most of the guys on the crew (the coach).

Anonymous

Number of races as a factor

October 2 2007, 7:53 PM 

The performances of some of the teams was likely also affected by the number of races they were doing. The False Creek men did the 1000 on Thursday and then some of them did the 2000 Mixed later that day, the US did not compete in that so their men were fresher for the 500 Mixed. To be fair the US women raced the 1000s arguably tougher than the 2000.

On the other hand the US men had to face off against the British men who skipped the 2000 Open AND did not race mixed at all. The Brits only did 3 distances. Additionally, while the Phillipines and Slovaks raced the 2000 neither of them had paddlers in the mixed races (3 500s Friday and 3 200s Saturday AM)making the US performance even more impressive in that last race. Their coach had them take it easy early in the last day helping out but they had raced many more times than the other two medalists in the 500.

Anonymous

October 2 2007, 8:44 PM 

Premier Men have traditionally done well for Canada. Some years better than others depending on who was able to go.

Anonymous

anon 6:19

October 2 2007, 10:38 PM 

Are you new, or just stupid? Are you actually comparing TIMES? Times from one regatta to another, different not only terms of hours or days, but years and continents apart?

Stupidest f#cking thing I have EVER read. Bar none.

You measured the water depth?

You weighed the boats?

You know what the windspeed was and in what direction?

Wow, I am really amazed. You've done your internet research (for times), but you clearly have no clue about paddling.

And bt the way, twit, having the record broken TWICE in one regatta is as good an indication as I can think of for faster than normal conditions. Give me a screaming gale of a tailwind and I'll break your "record" every time.

Anonymous

October 3 2007, 12:11 AM 

You obviously were one of the ones who sat on their ass and played keyboard racer .The course down under is known in the flatwater world as a slower course traditionally ,ask any aussie who races down under . The teams were much better than past as anyone who was there will tell you but again you were sitting on your ass at home trying to find results online ,loser ! In future if you think you could have done better then step up to the plate otherwise shut your face because you are nothing more than a useless troll .**** I hate wannabe's

Anonymous

October 3 2007, 12:14 AM 

Oh btw ,there was no screaming tailwind that we felt in the open 500 final ,we were there and thats right you were sitting at home as usual !

Anonymous

It's 9:00pm in Vancouver...

October 3 2007, 12:23 AM 

And all the westies are active on the forum.

Oh yes, everyone who WAS THERE will tell you THAT EVERYONE was faster this year. Because of course, it's no problem comparing a crew this year to a crew two years ago, on another continent, in different conditions, on a different course, against different crews...

You see what I'm getting at?

No, of course you don't. Because you're too busy trying to turn defeat into victory. You got your asses kicked, plain and simple. If not for the efforts of the Eastern Canada Senior crews and the amazing Premiere Women (all from EASTERN Canada) we would have been HUMILIATED.

Thanks, FCRCC. Go back to outrigger. You may be do sorta-okay-good in those boats. Dragon boats just aren't for you.

As for being a keyboard racer, I laugh. But clearly I can type faster than you can paddle. Of course, that's not saying much.

(I'm not normally this mean, but you've pissed me off)

Anonymous

October 3 2007, 12:56 AM 

I'm not a fcrcc paddler but they did win club crews so i'm not sure they should "give up" dragon boating. They just needed to realize that worlds was an entirely different level and beating philly, kurpfalz, sloths, and donguang(sp?) isnt the same as beating the US, germany, australia and china national teams.

Anonymous

October 3 2007, 1:14 AM 

actually the open men did beat china,germany,and australia in some distances

Anonymous

October 3 2007, 9:41 AM 

"You obviously were one of the ones who sat on their ass and played keyboard racer .The course down under is known in the flatwater world as a slower course traditionally ,ask any aussie who races down under . The teams were much better than past as anyone who was there will tell you but again you were sitting on your ass at home trying to find results online ,loser ! In future if you think you could have done better then step up to the plate otherwise shut your face because you are nothing more than a useless troll .**** I hate wannabe's"

YAY!! Looks like the Falsie's have returned from their trip!!!! Post some pics of your gold medals when you get a chance!

Anonymous

October 3 2007, 11:59 AM 

I believe the falsie's do have a gold medal - 2000 mixed, silver 500 mixed

Anonymous

October 4 2007, 4:00 PM 

Falsie's Open team could have done better with what was it? a 5th/5th/7th/7th?
Those 7th's were Minor category wins, so that's smack middle of the pack.

To be fair, their Mixed team was right there with solid results, with a 1st/2nd/4th, so I don't see what the problem is.

it sounds like you have maybe a couple of keyboard jockeys, living in BOTH the west and east, with some ax to grind against them falsies.

But you're just talking out of your ass if you can't represent facts plainly.

Anonymous

2000m

October 4 2007, 4:22 PM 

Did the 2000m races count towards the Nation's Cup?

They didn't in 2005, not sure of 2007. Anyone know?

For Berlin in 2005 here was a breakdown of how the Premiere teams did:

Class - 1000, 500, 200
Open - 7th, Bronze, Silver
Women - Gold, Gold, Gold
Mixed - n/a, Silver, Silver

Here was Shanghai, 2004

Class - 1000, 500, 200
Open - Silver, Silver, Gold
Women - Bronze, 4th, Gold
Mixed - n/a, Silver, 4th

And finally, Poznan 2003

Class - 1000, 500, 250
Open - Gold, 5th, 5th
Women - Gold, Bronze, Gold
Mixed - n/a, Gold, Silver

Anonymous

Found Philly

October 5 2007, 11:16 AM 

Philadephia, 2001

Class - 1000, 500, 250
Open - Gold, Gold, Gold
Women - Bronze, 4th, Gold
Mixed - n/a, Gold, Gold

Australia, 2007

Class - 1000, 500, 200
Open - 5th, 7th, 7th
Women - Gold, Gold, Gold
Mixed - n/a, Silver, 4th

wiseman

October 26 2007, 3:43 PM 

Backward rowing made so much sens. (2 thumbs up)

Current Topic - video link for record setting 500 open final in Australia  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Water SportsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement