<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Whatever happened to this Club

August 5 2008 at 9:56 AM
Paddlers 

What happened to the Wongs DragonSlayers ... They used to be the most dominant club in Quebec and Ontario...Is the club still around ?? or have they gone the way of the dinosaur like MCC, Madawaska, X-pads

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: Whatever happened to this Club

August 5 2008, 10:24 AM 

What happened to the Wongs DragonSlayers ... They used to be the most dominant club in Quebec and Ontario...Is the club still around ?? or have they gone the way of the dinosaur like MCC, Madawaska, X-pads

Let me see if I have this correct...

MCC - Missassauga Canoe Club - nope haven't gone away just paddling with various teams includling sprint programs
Madawaska - Rideau Canoe Club and veterens sprint paddlers - great bunch of folks -
X-pad - PDBC - and high schoolers! Now on various teams

Anonymous

August 5 2008, 12:10 PM 

Last I heard, they disbanded years ago. Bad politics I gather

Paddler 11

Re:

August 5 2008, 1:26 PM 

Disabled years ago?? Weren't they at Montreal last year??

Anonymous

August 5 2008, 1:29 PM 

Dragonslayers were never the MOST dominant. Very good at best.

Anonymous

August 5 2008, 1:58 PM 

No disband. Wong's were in both Lachine and Ottawa this year, but are not the force they once were. Still one of the better Montreal teams but Verdun is clearly now the top.

The club went from four boats in 2005 - Dragonslayers, Immortal Dragons, Chargers, Crusaders - down to one or maybe two this year.

Looks like the webiste died in 2005 as well.
http://www.wongdbc.com/

If you must know...

what happened to the Wongs??

August 5 2008, 8:42 PM 

The Wongs Dragonslayers ruled in their prime. MCC was the only team to beat them in the NCCCC (can't remember the year) Won the race off to go to the Worlds in Rome by a mile, where they won the bronze after Madawaska's silver and can't remember who's gold (italy I think, but they must have been doped up <sic>)

They came, they ruled and they retired. Mayfair took over and they reign supreme. Until the next team takes over. End of story. Slayers are presently getting fat, getting laid and talking about the good old days. Rumour has it that the old team is planning a reunion and considering taking over the curling world...wait a minute, isn't Maplebear doing that now? Damn, back to getting fat...

There is life after d-boat folks, and it's pretty nice. Lily I love you. Ok you too Gordon:)))

Anonymous

August 6 2008, 8:53 AM 

The original "Wongs" was a mix of sprinters and this goes back to the late 90's. Not all were from Ottawa and Montreal but a good chunk of them were and the boat was stacked. What you see now is nothing like the "original".

A former IMM

August 6 2008, 9:22 AM 

Hey, is that you, old guy?

We never did get around to gathering the gang for a brewski after you came back from vacation?

The former web-guy.

Anonymous

Rome WCCC

August 6 2008, 9:42 AM 

<<The Wongs Dragonslayers ruled in their prime. MCC was the only team to beat them in the NCCCC (can't remember the year) Won the race off to go to the Worlds in Rome by a mile, where they won the bronze after Madawaska's silver and can't remember who's gold (italy I think, but they must have been doped up <sic>)>>

It was Drago (Germany) would ran away from Madawaska. It was a race to watch. The German's were just brutes.

Anonymous

August 6 2008, 11:38 AM 

I believe the Wong's slip from dominance was due to managements not allowing their women paddlers to paddle on both the Montreal Women's team and the Wongs... most of those dominant women left to join Verdun Adren. and still paddle to this day on both Verdun and the recently silver medalist Montreal Women at Malaysia...
Good decision on management

Anonymous

August 6 2008, 12:08 PM 

Such arrogance to assume that the Montreal Women are such an integral part of any team.

Anonymous

August 6 2008, 12:14 PM 

Thank the lord! The Montreal Women are the saviors! Verdun is a dominant force thanks to them! Sorry honey, that kind of attitude will kill teams. I guess that's why Montreal has fallen off the map.

old man

August 6 2008, 12:22 PM 

God, what a bunch of wankers!!!!

What was was. It was great and everyone got out of it exactly what they put in and deserved. Get over yourselves already.

yeah dude. it`s the old man. Call me and let`s get some brews...the women are always invited. We still love you ladies!!!

What???

August 6 2008, 12:27 PM 

``Thank the lord! The Montreal Women are the saviors! Verdun is a dominant force thanks to them! ``

from the results from Malay and the better than you attitude Wong managers did the right thing probabbly too late too. Verdun sucks and the women elite got killed by 5 seconds. And you are proud of your silver placeing? What egos man!!!

Wongs better off withoutr you and probably will rebuild again without their saviours oh my god how they must miss you

Anonymous

August 6 2008, 12:32 PM 

Hmmm I'm not affiliated with any of these teams but I remember the Montreal women being pretty fast...

Anonymous

August 6 2008, 1:32 PM 

All you have to do is click on 'Power Ranking'

frmer WET member

August 8 2008, 10:03 AM 

everyone knows that the women`s team was fast in the past but there was always rumours of being helped by wrong methods and you could tell by their manly features. I became disillusioned by the team and quit in disgust by the attitudes. I am not surprised by the arrogance of the replies. Now adays the girls are skinny and not as muscled as we used to be and so they are slower.

later

Anonymous

August 28 2008, 3:34 PM 

I believe the subject was what ever happened to this club ... so what ever happened to GTDBC ? Who did they merge or become ?

Anonymous

August 28 2008, 3:54 PM 

What ever happened to Huron Canoe/Kayak?

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Water SportsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement