<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dragon Boat Article in Queens University Newspaper

April 27 2012 at 3:41 PM
Anonymous 

"My teammates complained loudly at the lack of whirlpools and the once subdued woman beside me, obviously exasperated, demanded that everyone focus. This atmosphere of fear worked. My teammates motivated me to paddle as if my life depended on it. It was only five minutes into our practice when I realized what a grueling exercise dragon boating is. Contrary to what some might think, Im no weakling and I dont fear exercise. That said, propelling the boat 60 strokes per minute down Lake Ontario created a fiery pain in my arms that Ive never before felt."

Should have focused more on technique than 'whirlpools' given that she had a fiery pain in her arms.

I hope she has since learned to paddle properly instead of focusing on loud complaints of teammates.

http://queensjournal.ca/story/2011-07-26/postscript/perks-and-perils-dragon-boating/

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: Dragon Boat Article in Queens University Newspaper

April 28 2012, 1:42 AM 

60 strokes/minute? Is she Russian?

Anonymous

Re: Dragon Boat Article in Queens University Newspaper

April 29 2012, 10:42 AM 

But what about their post practice cheer?? Was dying to read about what it was like..E

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Water SportsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement