<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Pickering Results

June 2 2012 at 3:26 PM
Anonymous 

Warriors win the 200 from lane 3. Slipstream 2nd.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: Pickering Results

June 2 2012, 4:05 PM 

Any other results?

I heard Slipstream had the fastest opening round at 1:57 or 1:58

Anonymous

June 2 2012, 4:19 PM 

Slipstream wins 500.

Anonymous

June 2 2012, 8:41 PM 

Overall result: Slipstream 1, Verdun 2, Warriors 3. That was the order for the 2 km... all three crews within 1 second for the 2 km. 500 final finished in lane sequence (i.e. lane 6 1st, lane 5 2nd, ... lane 1 6th.

Cool weather, as per usual, but no real rain. Warmed up nicely in time for the post race beer tent celebrations.

Good to see close racing, and the camaraderie between the crews... real life is much nicer than the trash talk you see on the forum.

Special thanks to Verdun for traveling to Pickering. It looks like there will be some good Canadian crews in Hong Kong.

Anonymous

June 2 2012, 9:29 PM 

whats the overall results for top 5? and for 500?

Anonymous

June 2 2012, 9:59 PM 

1. Slipstream - 2:00.78
2. Verdun - 2:01.22
3. NDRC Premier - 2:02.02
4. Warriors - 2:02.31
5. Storm - 2:03.37
6. PDBC Masters - 2:04.81

Anonymous

June 2 2012, 10:08 PM 

Conditions made the starts a nightmare. Many races were decisively won/lost at the start, with teams caught trying to position their boats when the barely audible gun went off.

In my 2nd race (rec division) the other crews got a 4 seat jump on us at the start when the gun went off while we were drawing to align. Not the starter's fault as our drummer should have signalled, but just mentioning it to note that times may not be an accurate indicator of the capability of the crews in many races.

Anonymous

June 2 2012, 10:11 PM 

What happened to CSDC? Were they DQed?

Anonymous

June 3 2012, 10:05 AM 

Wow warriors lost to ndrc?

anon

June 3 2012, 10:15 AM 

those are not the final results

Anonymous

June 3 2012, 10:26 AM 

The 500 m final results reflected lane order. After the heats, Slipstream was seeded first (way ahead of everyone), and Warriors were seeded fourth for the semis.

Warriors lost to Slipstream in the 1 and 4 seed semi. That put the warriors in lane 3 for the 500 final, and they finished 4th. Warriors did have the 2nd fastest time in the semis (i.e. the other heat was slower), but the final seeding is based on position, not time.

All 4 of those top crews were closer than I expected... the Slipstream dominance in the heats may have reflected differences in boats (i.e. 3 seconds ahead of everyone else), or it may be that Slipstream just didn't execute as well in the other races. Having 3 boats within a second in the 2 km was amazing... I'm sure Verdun and the Warriors are all thinking of the little things they could have done differently to win the race.

Anonymous

June 3 2012, 10:28 AM 

those were the final 500 results. Good racing..

Anonymous

June 3 2012, 11:04 AM 

My thoughts:

- Slipstream is unequivocally a tier above verdun, mayfair and ndrc.

- Slipstream dominated every race, except the 200m sprint where Mayfair managed to pull off an incredible first place 200m out of lane 3, beating out slip in lane 6, verdun in 5 and ndrc in 4

- Mayfair collected enough points in the 200m to bump ndrc out of third, but otherwise mayfair looked like they were the 4th ranked crew out of the pack

- Storm (former SRP) makes a great debut - If they stick together good things may come

- CSDC no longer a podium contending crew like they were in years prior (they still are within their division of course)

- Verdun is a great bunch and great racers and everyone is thankful they made the trek to this event

anon

June 3 2012, 1:27 PM 

There is no Mayfair...it was OHDBC Goodlife Warriors.

"Slipstream is unequivocally a tier above verdun, mayfair and ndrc. " how do you figure that when Warriors beat Slipstream in the 200 and Verdun/Slipstream/Warriors were all within one second of each other in the 2K?

With lane bias, unfair starts, there was no one team dominating another. It'll be good racing in Hong Kong.

Anonymous

June 3 2012, 1:33 PM 

When slip beats Mayfair 7/8 races i would say its pretty clear

Anonymous

June 3 2012, 2:41 PM 

Big THANK YOU, to Verdun for making the trip down!

We always enjoy racing against you! You're class all the way!

See you in HK!

Anonymous

June 3 2012, 3:23 PM 

To me a "tier above" would be a 4 second gap. When you can beat a team by a boatlength, that's being at another level. Under 1 second = peers, 1-2 seconds consistently = superior, and a boatlength = dominance / the next level.

Just my opinon.

Anonymous

June 3 2012, 5:53 PM 

re: 1:33....each team only raced five races at pickering...and btw, mayfair wasn't paddling at pickering.

3:23 has good points.

great to have verdun show up. great sportsmanship from all the teams.

Anonymous

June 3 2012, 6:38 PM 

I care just as much as I would if someone corrected me for calling it Skydome.

Anonymous

June 3 2012, 8:04 PM 

Mayfair hasn't paddled in years.
The last few years were a mixture of Jim's hand picked Senior Canada paddlers
or the Warriors.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Water SportsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement