<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

are you over 50 and looking to compete at the worlds

June 11 2012 at 2:27 PM
Stefan Fridriksson 

We are looking for 50 + male and female paddlers who want to compete at the worlds in Italy. If you are interested in training and paddling at this level please contact me.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: are you over 50 and looking to compete at the worlds

June 11 2012, 2:51 PM 

At the ICF Dragonboat World Championships.

Stefan Fridriksson

Further information

June 12 2012, 9:28 AM 

The world club crews will be in Ravina Italy in August of 2014. In order to qualify, we will need to put together a crew that races twice this year and then races to qualify in Victoria B. C. next summer. Our club will qualify by racing twice this summer, so that part is taken care of. We have 8 talented paddlers already 4 men and 4 women, a steersperson, and a coach. We need 13 to 15 more people. Currently, there is an awesome boat being formed in Quinte. This boat would be for those who live in the Western side of Toronto, Niagara, Hamilton and environs. It is not meant to take away from the Quinte boat, but instead be a healthy competition to that effort.

Stefan Fridriksson

June 12 2012, 9:53 AM 

For Clarification: Our boat would be for people who live in the Western side of Toronto, and Hamilton and Niagara (and anyone else who would want to join us). Our objective is to put together a team that can be competitive in Ravena.

Anonymous

June 12 2012, 11:06 AM 

I think you are confused. The IDBF CCWCs are in Revena, Italy in August 2014. It is not ICF.

Next ICF CCWCs are in Kiev, Ukraine in 2013.

Anonymous

June 12 2012, 11:18 AM 

2012 ICF Worlds - Italy

2013 ICF Club Crews - Ukraine

2014 IDBF CCWC - Italy

That was the source of confusion.

Stefan Fridriksson

June 12 2012, 11:50 AM 

Yes. It will be for the IDBF CCWC at Ravena Italy in August of 2014. If you are interested please contact me.

Anonymous

June 12 2012, 6:56 PM 

Isn't qualification next year in Calgary?

Anonymous

June 12 2012, 7:23 PM 

Wow. This is already looking like a disaster.

Stefan Fridriksson

update

June 12 2012, 9:12 PM 

I know this website is notorious for negativity, but please if you have not got anything worth saying please don't bother. Thanks to all of you who have responded. At this point we now have 6 more people all with experienced who are interested. If you are an experienced paddler please email me.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Water SportsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement