But.,...here's the catch...its never stated publicly that NBC has power, but they are the network which broadcasts to 300 million viewers in the states, the largest tv market, and they pay a TON of money to the ioc for these rights..yoiu keep them happy or risk not getting the same sponsorship money..
when atlanta won the games, samaranch, on the way out of the room in Tokyo, said to the prez of NBC "you won"
they have power, folks./ hopefully it'll be enough!
Posted on Mar 3, 2000, 11:49 AM
from IP address 18.104.22.168
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- different story this time. theone, Mar 3, 2000
- NBC has 2008, not 2012. John J., Mar 3, 2000
- Sounds very unfair. KEn, Mar 3, 2000
- no sponsors=no games. Jonno, Mar 3, 2000
- Sponsors don't rule. Jeremie Guy, Mar 4, 2000
- When USA bids.... theone, Mar 4, 2000
- 2012 is a good idea. D, Mar 5, 2000
- You wish!. Simon, Mar 6, 2000
- Things could be different this time. Jeremie Guy, Mar 6, 2000
- USA 2012. Jonno, Mar 6, 2000
- That's not true. Jeremie Guy, Mar 7, 2000
- Summer and Winter Games. Jonno, Mar 7, 2000