Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Just curious..
    • theone
      Posted Mar 8, 2000 10:31 AM

I'm just curious if you've been around much...

I've been to lots of theaters, and plays around KL and to say that KL lacks all these, maybe not so true, its just that some people are just not into this sort of things. If you are into arts, I'm sure you'll find your way to see it.

I'm sure people who love the theaters are very well aware of the actions going on at the MATIC, the DBKL, the Istana Budaya (National Theater), the Actor's Studio... just to name a few. And classical and not so classical local international musicians including the KL Symphony Orchestra and the Malaysian Symphony Orchestra playing at the Petronas Philharmonic Hall at the KLCC twin towers... if you're into arts, you'll find all these very fulfilling to yr needs...

As far as museums are concerned, the National Museum is kinda boring... but hey, so as the museums in most parts of the world... maybe sometimes they can be interesting.. unless the very well known ones... hey we've got a great new and improved National Arts Gallery next to the National Theater.

Paris, London, etc.. all these cities have lots of interesting places... just look at the number of visitors per year visiting those cities.. nothing compared to KL at all. KL falls way behind.. and there are ways to overcome all that. One of them is to get people start coming... and what better opportunity do we have than to hold something like the Olympics...

When I came back to KL from the US after years of studying there I was so impressed by what the city has accomplished.... in every aspect of the city's development. The artistic and cultural awareness is increasing. Before, it was very difficult to find theaters playing anywhere. But now, a lot has changed... and in a short period of time too... KL to me right now is no different than any American city. They have their own advantages and disadvatages too... and in 8 years time... KL will hopefully achieve much more than what we have achieved over the last 8 years or so..
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on OlympicsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement