Grey County Ontario Genweb- Queries Forum

This is a forum for genealogical Surname Queries relating to Grey County,Ont.Canada Queries posted here will be Archived on the Grey County Genweb Homepage

Belrose

by

Looking for info on all Belrose families in and around Owen Sound.
I have traced back to John Belrose born c. 1800 in Quebec.. would like to fill in some branches.
Any help appreciated.
Thakns

Posted on Dec 5, 1999, 5:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Belrose Family

by

There is a book named "Hewers Of The Forests Fishers Of The Lakes The History Of St.Edmunds Township and in this book are stories of the Belrose familys of Jacob Belrose b 1834 and Michael Belrose Born 1837

Dale Edmonstone

Posted on Dec 9, 1999, 3:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

belrose family

by

i am a descendant of jacob and michael belrose

Posted on Apr 15, 2001, 10:11 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Belrose Family.

by

I have close to 4000 Belroses in my data base but not all belong to the same family. I am a decendant of Jean Rival dit Bellerose but I have benn researching all three families. I am looking for the parents of Eddy Lawrence Bellerose who lived and died in Gunn Alberta Canada. I believe his fathers name was Olivier and they probably were of the Hyacinthe line of Belleroses. Let me know what you are stuck on and I will see if I can help.

Posted on Feb 13, 2000, 8:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Belrose/Biggar

by

I have information of a Belrose marrying a Biggar. If this is of interest to you, please e-mail me at cellis51@home.com
Carol

Posted on Aug 9, 2000, 12:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Belrose

by

Email me and I will pass your request to Helen Belrose White. Will need your address since she doesn't hace a computer.

Posted on Jan 15, 2001, 5:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Belrose Family...how big it is!!!

by

I know it has been awhile since anyone has posted on the Belrose family but, two years ago I decided to look into my family history in hopes of finding some information. Well, I was not prepared for all that I would find. I have been lucky enough to trace my roots back to John Bateast(Baptist) Belrose believed to have been born 1793 and was married to Nancy Bonesteel (I also have info on Nancy's family dating back to the 1600's) AMAZING!. Now the two names mentioned most from Jean Bateast is Jacob and Michael, his two sons. I stem from Michlael. This clan is from the Menard dit Belrose family. I do have some records on the Menard dit Belrose family, which I won't include because I'm still trying to piece it together.

my G.G.G.G Grandfather)- Jean Bateast married to
Nancy Ann Bonsteel
Jean and Nancy had 9 children

my G.G.G Grandfather)- Michael married to
Isabella Rice
Michael and Isabella had 9 children

my G.G.Grangfather)- George E. married to
Sarah Jane Spears
George and Sarah had one child

my Great Grandfather)- Wesley Evans married to
Debra Alberta Hopkins
Wesley and Debra had 10 children

my Grandfather)- Herbert Evans married to
Marilyn McInnis

I have records on all of my 3fore fathers, including date of birth, date of death, locations, their children and one military record on George Wesley. It's a long list, but if you're looking for someone, I might be able to help.

~Danielle

Posted on Jun 9, 2003, 11:12 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cameron/morrow relatives

by

Looking for more info and relatives.Lillian Morrow born oct 5 1867 to Allen L. Morrow and Elizabeth Robinson? Married a Cameron, first name is not known nor children of this marriage. They settled in British Columbia where Lillian was widowed young and remarried Francis George Mccullough of Petersborough, Onatrio. They had my grandfather John Reginald Mcullough,

Posted on Dec 2, 1999, 11:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Henry Barkeman and Ann Hillis m. 1867

by

I am looking for information on Henry Barkeman and Ann Hillis (daughter of James of Bentinck) who were married in Bruce in 1867. I have no other information on them, although the 1871 census shows a Henry and Ann Bartman in the area of conc.3 lots 25&26 (N or S of the Durham road not known).

Posted on Dec 2, 1999, 1:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Disney and White of Bentinck

by

I am looking for information on the Disney and White families, early settlers in the Durham Road area of Bentinck Township. Edwin Disney married Rebecca Hillis and had children, Mary and William. John White married Mary Hillis and had children, Jane, William, John and Mary.

Posted on Dec 2, 1999, 1:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

White Family from collingwood

by

June 22, 2000

Dear Fred,

I am also researching the White family. I have no idea if these people are the same relatives as you have listed but I'll let you know what I have.

Jane White married a W J (John)Bacon and moved to McMurrich Township this is up north of Huntsville.

William Arthur White brother of Jane White Bacon ( William's birthdate is 1832 in Talnabodany, Ireland) married Elizabeth Ditty, six to seven years after arriving in Canada and they settled just south west of Collingwood in a community called Kimberly in the Beaver River Valley.

William White and Elizabeth Ditty had 5 sons and one daughter. Elizabeth died in 1873 in childbirth with Arthur. Arthur was raised by his mother's sister, aunt Liza Kennedy.

William and Elizabeth's children are as follows"
William H. B 1860
Thomas B 1862
Robert J. B 1864 My great grandfather
John C. B 1869
Anna E. B 1870
Arthur B 1873

There is more...

Hope this helps. Let me know if you think there is a connection.

Posted on Jun 22, 2000, 9:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

my great uncle was robert james white

by

have information on william arthur white-eliabeth ditty second marriage christine mcallister. also moe contacts if your interested contact me gerodo@shaw.ca

Posted on Feb 22, 2004, 6:54 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

william white elizabeth ditty

by

surprize, i've been trying to find other researchers on this family.william white was my gg gf, i have quite and extensive tree on this family, but i'm missing a few pieces as well.my branch comes from the white,- mcallister branch of the family henry william white or also known as harry carefoot white i was able to trace some of the kennedy's and bacon names; please e-mail me at my my address of gerodo@shaw.ca if you wouldn't mind i'd like to exchange info with you thanks Hazel

Posted on Nov 29, 2004, 10:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Disney, White

by

Fred,

Edwin,(21 Aug 1848 - 24 Oct 1909) was born in England, the son of George Caple Disney and Sarah Carveth.. Edwin's son William(1883-1965) m. Anna Fleming1886-1962). I have their picture

Rebecca(1848-8 Oct 1929)

John White(10 Mar 1830-3 Apr 1903)
Mary Hillis(1840-1930)

Regards,
Ric Matthews

Posted on May 30, 2003, 9:50 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

TATE, TAIT, TETE FAMILY

by

I am seeking information on the Thomas Tate Family who were located in St. Vincent Twp., Grey Co., in the early 1800's. Thomas was married to Ellen (?) and they had several children while living there. Jane, David, John, Thomas, Elizabeth, James, William, George, Sarah and Wesley. Thomas and Ellen may have been married there also. They were, I believe, Methodist. They migrated to Sugar Island, Michigan in the late 1800's and I think Sarah and Wesley were born there. The first record I found of them was on the 1870 U.S. Census. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Nov 29, 1999, 1:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

TATE, TAIT, TETE FAMILY

by

Saw your message regarding THOMAS TATE. According to my records he was on Sugar Island, MI in the 1870 Census and lived there till his death. THOMAS TATE was my GGGrandfather and his son WILLIAM FRANKLIN TATE was my GGrandfather. I have some information that might help if you would like to contact me.

Posted on Feb 15, 2000, 6:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

JOHN STEVENS & SUZANNE McGILL 1826

by

Looking for relatives of John Stevens & Suzanne (McGill) they married in 1826. John came from Scotland, as a child with his parents. John & Suzanna had 12 children: John Benjamin b. April 24, 1828, Mary b. July 27, 1830, Jane b. Mar. 27, 1832, Hannah b. Jan.2, 1834, Elizabeth b. Sept. 29, 1836, Harriette b.May 22, 1838, Robert b. July 29, 1839, Sarah Almira b.Oct. 10, 1841, Eliza b.Aug. 4, 1843, Dora b. May 24, 1845, James Alexander b. Aug. 4, 1847, William Henry b. April 1, 1853. Any information on this family line out there??

Posted on Nov 27, 1999, 6:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Aitken family, Markdale area

by

Searching for background on John Aitken b. July 1823, who married Elizabeth Mackie b. Aug 1821.
Their daughter, Elizabeth Aitken, was my great grandmother.

Posted on Nov 27, 1999, 2:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

RE Aitkens

by

I once had an elderly friend whose name was Dorothy Aitkens and came from Owen Sound. I can't remeber her father's first name, but I know her mother died and her father married a second time.Dorothy called the new wife "Aunt Annie".

Also I remember that a cousin of hers play NHL hockey at one time and his last name was Keeling.

Does this sound like the same family.

Posted on Feb 3, 2000, 11:09 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Dorothy Aitkens

by

Hi:
From information I have, I believe Dorothy Aitken(s) was of the following family:
Hattie Keeling married Matthew Aitken(s)
b: 2 Oct 1887 b:
d: 9 Jan 1944; Owen Sound d:
married 26 Dec 1906; Owen Sound

Their children (that I have listed) are:
1) Dorothy m. Matthew Aitken(s)
2) Lucinda m.
3) Audrey m. Roger Shears
4) Isabel m. Glenn A. McKeachnie

Harriett's father/mother were George Keeling/Dorothy Burnside-Elliott
Children:
1) Charles Keeling m. Marg Ellen Sutton
2) Sid Keeling m.Hatttie Carr
3) Hattie Keeling m.Matthew Aitken(s)
4) Irene Keeling m. David White
5) George Henry Keeling
m.1 Levina Grieve and
m.2 Phoebe Caswell
6) Joe Keeling m. Ella Cannon
7) Bruce Keeling m. Evelyn Wilson
8) Perry Wesley Stuart Keeling m. Sadie Catto

Sid Keeling and Hatttie Carr had a son named Melville (Butch) Keeling who married Winnifred (Sis) Hulse. He played for the New York Rangers; they won the 1932-33 Stanley Cup. I have a picture of Butch in his Junior days with the Victoria Hockey Club of 1920. Butch died November 12, 1984.

Hattie Keeling and Butch Keeling would have been first cousins.

My GrandFather was Sid's older brother Charles Keeling.

Brian Keeling
bkeel@idirect.com

Posted on Feb 5, 2000, 10:48 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

A Booboo

by

H:
Sorry. Dorothy did not marry Matthew Aitken(s); her mother Harriett Jane (Hattie)Keeling did. Do not know who daughter Dorothy married.

Brian

Posted on Feb 5, 2000, 10:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Aitken (s)

by Anne

You have done well in your sleuthing!
Dorothy is buried in the Owen Sound cemetery.
Lucinda must have died very young as I never heard her mentioned.
Isabel's husband is correct, but Audrey was married to Jack Luck when I knew her, and has a son in the Toronto area, and a daughter out west.
Regards,
Anne

Posted on Jul 7, 2001, 4:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"Aitkens"

by

Thanks for the information on the "Aitkens". Our line was consistently without the "s", so I am not able to make any immediate connection. But it serves as good background.

Posted on Feb 6, 2000, 12:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Aitken Mackie descendents

by

I descend from this line and would like to correspond with you in this regard.

Posted on Jun 18, 2008, 11:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wherefore "Oxenden"?

by

I have a question I hope you can help me with. My ancestor, James Atkey, came to the Bruce Peninsula in 1854 as a missionary teacher to the Ojibwa. After the treaty was signed in 1860, he settled and became the first Postmaster at Oxenden in 1864. Most local histories say he named it after a village in England, while Floreen Ellec Carter, in "Place Names of Ontario", says it was named after Bishop Oxenden. However, James came from the Isle of Wight, and the nearest "Oxenden" in England would be in Kent. Also, the only "Bishop Oxenden" I can find was the Bishop of Montreal, who didn't come until 1869. Do you have any information that can help me? If so, please email me at melatkey@hotmail.com.

I've written a book about this, called WHEN WE BOTH GOT TO HEAVEN, which I want to revise.

Mel Atkey

Posted on Nov 25, 1999, 4:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

oxenden

by

hello:

what is it about oxenden you were looking for?
I have grown up in oxenden and my parents etc.
If you have any information you would like for me to see if i can find out please let me know.

Linda

Posted on Jun 12, 2003, 4:58 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Exploring our ROOTS, with your help,please

by

This is Thanksgiving Day in U.S. My mother, Mrs. W.Fred Clarke is here with us in Escanaba and interested in background on her husband, (my father) who is originally from Meaford. Dad (Fred) family was prominent in your city (we are told). His father was a druggist who died in flu epedimic in 1918. His widow was Laura Mary Smith, continued to live in Meaford with her oldest son (Bob). Bob died in mid-1950 and Laura about 1960. Mom, would like any info. on more family and also the Finley family who was closely related, I guess. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Bill Clarke

Posted on Nov 25, 1999, 3:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

REID, George - b. 1826 farmed Grey North, Euphrasia Township

by Eden Crichton

Looking for information re: great-great grandfather, George Reid, born 1826 near Toronto. Married Elizabeth Clifton 1850, homesteaded in Grey county, Euphrasia Township from 1850 until 1881 when he moved the family to the States. Father of 16 children. Names of parents and five brothers who came to Ontario from Scotland are unknown to me.

Posted on Nov 22, 1999, 11:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Peter Reid

by Barbara

Hi Eden, I know of a Peter Reid who married an Annie Watt and lived in Egremont Township, Grey Co. Annie was born c. 1850, so probably her husband is not related to your George. Just tossing this out in case.

Barbara

Posted on Apr 2, 2000, 9:09 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Peter Reid

by

Hi, Barbara. Just looking through the message board and noticed your posting on Peter Reid. My great grandfather, Peter Reid, married Annie Watt in Egremont Township in 1882. Can you give me any other information on him?

Posted on Aug 18, 2000, 11:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

George Reid

by

My Grandfather's name is Alexander Edward Reid and he has a George Reid as either a great uncle or a grandfather. Anyway, Alexander married Vivian Alberta Witherley and they had two daughters named Ida Virginia and Leona Vivian - both Reid of course. Hope this helps.

-Janice

Posted on Apr 20, 2000, 4:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

REID, George

by

Just saw the message you sent in response to my Grey County query. My George Reid could not have been Alexander Edward Reid's grandfather but possibly could have been a great uncle of your grandfather's. Do you have any other information about your grandfather's great uncle? Such as year of birth or spouse's name? Or about your grandfather's grandfather who might have been my George Reid's brother.
Thanks in advance, Janice.

Posted on Jul 28, 2000, 1:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

george reid connection

by Sandra McGinn

My Grandmother's name was Muriel Blanche (Reid) Ray of Grey County, Egremont. She had a brother George. This George I believe to have been a WWI soldier, then settled in western Canada. Their father's name was Peter Reid who had been married twice with children from both wives. I'm not sure which marriage George was from. He had a Peter (junior) from the first marriage. I know grandma was very close to George so he is probably from the 2nd set of children.

Posted on Jul 1, 2003, 11:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Euphrasia Reids.

by

Hi Eden,
I have in my notes some Reids that I believe had lived here in Euphrasia (I live in Eupharasia)I don't much about them as they married into some lines that were cousins of cousins of mine. (In other words it's way out there!!) Anyway, did your George Reid take all of his children into the states or did some stay behind in Euphrasia?
In my Euphrasia history book (Copied from the Census, not the actual Census)it states in the Census of 1861 A George Reid (Scottish) m. to an Elizabeth with the following children: Margaret, Thomas C., John W.,David, Georgina, George James, Ann Eliza, Agnes, Mary Ellen, Matthew D. Also I have noted in 1861 there was a James Reid b. about 1813 in Ontario Could they have been brothers? The other Reids listed are of Irish descent. In 1881 all Reids listed in the Census are Irish. It looks like James left as well.

Anyway I hope this helps. My Reids are probably Iris but I really have no idea.

David William Wiley

Posted on Sep 16, 2000, 8:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Euphrasia Reids

by

Hi, David - Yes! The George Reid you referred to is my great-great grandfather. He was married to Elizabeth and I have the names of all the children you listed as well as some others born after the 1871 census. In 1880, George moved the family to North Dakota where my grandmother was born. She was the daughter of John W. George had 5 brothers but I don't know their names. All his brothers and his parents were born in Scotland. He was the only one born in Ontario. James could have been his brother, I just don't have much information about the brothers yet. I would like to hear more about your Reids even if they are cousins of cousins. Please send direct to my e-mail crichton@gte.net I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted on Sep 29, 2000, 11:16 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nolan ,McKenny Kenny

by

Francis Nolan Married Mary jane Kenny 5 Nov 1872
normanby. Parents John & Margaret nolan and Andrew & Eliza Kenny.Ontario Film MS932 Reel 9. Trying to locate Data on parents.Mount Forest is part of area. Witness to marriage Margaret McKenny The age of these young peopl would be 25 which means birth was about 1845. Any info appreciated.Thankyou

Posted on Nov 22, 1999, 5:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

McKenny marriages

by

I don't know if this is your family, but my great great grandfather, Bartholomew O'Laughlin of Proton Twp, Grey County, Ontario, had a daughter named Johanna who married a William McKenny. Wm McKenny was listed as coming from Luther Twp, which is the next Twp south of Proton Twp. According to the Catholic Church records of Mt. Forest, they were married on January 27, 1886. The marriage was witnessed by Bartholomew O'Laughlin, his wife, also named Johanna, and his son, Patrick. No mention of McKenny witnesses was given. I am looking for information on Johanna, and thought she might be part of you family. Please contact me at delta@butter.toast.net if you have any information. Hope this Wm McKenny is part of you family. Thanks

Posted on Mar 28, 2000, 5:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Searching for Achesons

by

I'm searching for my ancestors who may have lived in Grey Co circa 1870's. According to his Social Security application form, my great-grandfather was born 1877 in Gray County, Ontario. His parents were Samuel Acheson and Mary Ann Sirr. Does anyone have any information about this family?

Thanx in advance
-bill

Posted on Nov 21, 1999, 7:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Searching for Achesons

by

My great grandmother's name was Catherine Atcheson, she was from Grey County and married William Reid from Bognor. They are buried in Milverton, Perth County. I am trying to get more information with respect to dates, etc.
Pat Tiller

Posted on Jul 10, 2000, 12:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Search for Atchesons

by

Hi Coousin Pat
Your great grandmother Catherine and my grandfather were brother and sister. I can trace your great grandmother back to your great, great grandfather Matthew Atcheson. He was born in Ireland in 1793 and came to Canada in 1847. I would like to meet you to discuss this further. My wife, Brenda and I live in Kitchener.

P.S. I have the same name as my grandfather, John Hamilton Atcheson

Posted on Sep 13, 2000, 12:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Looking for Achesons

by Debi Hibbard

Looks like we found another branch of the family. Pat & I have recently corresponded. My ggrandfather was Robert Acheson, John & Catharine's brother. Robert was married to Margaret Murray & spent their life in Walters Falls. I have the same information on our ancestors. I live in Hamilton with my family.

Posted on Sep 17, 2000, 8:54 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Looking for Atchesons

by

Dear Debi:

Thanks very much for your response. I have a fairly complete family tree of the Atcheson's going back to when they came from Ireland in 1847. Its interesting that you spell our family name "Acheson". Our side of the family have always spelled it "Atcheson". I visited some grave sites for the early Atcheson family members and found that they all spell their name Atcheson. I would be interested in talking to you and Pat further about our family back background. I live in Kitchener with my wife Brenda and our two children Dan and Jill. Dan and Jill are both married and have their own homes. My address is 50 Wayne Drive, Kitchener, N2A1M2 - phone number 519-894-5027.

Looking forward to hear from you.

John

Posted on Sep 18, 2000, 6:27 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Looking for Achesons

by

Hi John,

I have the same information about the Atcheson's starting in 1793. My great Aunt Myrtle kept scrapbooks and also had scrapbooks kept by her mother full of newspaper clippings. I am told that my ggrandfather dropped the "t" because his mail was getting mixed up with another Robert Atcheson who lived in the same area. I do have record of it being spelled both ways. My mother is very interested in the family history and has been in contact with Sherwood McLernon who is the grandson of Eliza Jane. If you like I can send more information via e-mail, my address is debihibbard@hotmail.com.
Take care!
Debi

Posted on Sep 19, 2000, 3:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Searching for Achesons

by

My great grandmother's name was Catherine Atcheson, she was from Grey County and married William Reid from Bognor. They are buried in Milverton, Perth County. I am trying to get more information with respect to dates, etc.
Pat Tiller

Posted on Jul 10, 2000, 12:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

DALGARNO, JOHN AND BARBARA

by Carole Nudds

I AM LOOKING FOR THE DESCENDENTS OF JOHN DALGARNO B1830 IN SCOTLAND AND HIS WIFE BARBARA CALDER Born 1833 in Scotland. The family lived in Sullivan County.

Posted on Nov 20, 1999, 12:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hooper, William Rickard and Sarah Jane Munshaw

by

I'm looking for any information on William Rickard Hooper and his wife Sarah Jane (Munshaw). They met in Flesherton and were married.
William Rickard Hooper 1830-1912, born in Cornwall England
Sarah Jane Munshaw 1833-1920, born in or near Toronto
Their children were all born in Flesherton: Harry, Richard, Mary, Emma, Aaron, Sophina, William J and Alberta
The family (excepting Harry) moved to Kansas in 1883.
Any information would be helpful - I can fill in some of the gaps from Kansas onwards.

Posted on Nov 18, 1999, 5:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Munshaw

by

I think the following information may help you.

Sarah Jan Munshaw's Granfather, Balsar Mundhsauer/Munshaw was born in 1760 in Philadelphia, PA,. He married Katharine ?. Balsar came in the spring of 1790 to Lot 51 Conc 1 Vaughn and later to Conc 1 Lot 35 Marham Ontario. He was one of the original Berczy Settlers. He had 10 Children, one of them being my ancestor George, and Aaron, Sarah Jane's father. Aaron was born 1796, d. 11 Aug 1876, m. Mary Malloy 22 Jan 1822, who was b. 1801 and d. 1877. They had the following children: Peter (Burchard), Elizabeth (White), Sarah Jane (Hooper), Rosanna, Thomas (Mary), Ann, Aaron (Wilkerson), Mary Ann, Sophina, Catherine (Mosier) and Vena.

I received this information from the Markham Berczy Settlers Association. Hope this is of some help to you.

Posted on May 10, 2000, 6:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

FOOD MANUFACTURERS, DIRECTORY

by

we are looking for a directory, listing of food companies who manufacture food products or laboratory who control quality within the food indsutries, restaurants, farms....
Please don't hesitate to contact us through email coudeyras@hotmail.com
it is urgent.
I found a list on www.hurontel.on.ca and i try on the yellow pages.

thanks a lot,
lucie and antoine

Posted on Nov 18, 1999, 7:22 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

search food manufacturers, food industries, directory, listing

by

we are looking for a directory, listing of food companies who manufacture food products or laboratory who control quality within the food indsutries, restaurants, farms....
Please don't hesitate to contact us through email coudeyras@hotmail.com
it is urgent.
I found a list on www.hurontel.on.ca and i try on the yellow pages.

thanks a lot,
lucie and antoine

Posted on Nov 18, 1999, 7:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Robert Glover

by

Looking for info on Robert Glover who came to St. Vincent Twp. before 1871, married Eleanor Pinch. Any one researching?

Posted on Nov 16, 1999, 6:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Schumacher Family/Bentick, Holland twnships

by

Can you help?? I'm trying to trace my family tree for my great-grandfather Karl Christian Schumacher and his wife Friedericka Loetz Schumacher who immigrated from Germany around 1886 and settled in the Elmwood, Williamsford area. So far I have very sketchy information. Some of the families I would appreciate receiving information on are: my great uncle Frederick Schumacher's children, the Schuknecht family, Minnie Schumacher Witt,and Louise Schumacher Henning.

Posted on Nov 15, 1999, 1:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

SAMUEL MCCORT - Ancestors

by

Samuel McCort was born in 1846 and died in 1923. He married Sarah Jane Wright on November 11, 1871 and had six children. Samuel was raised by his aunt Margaret and her husband John Carefoot but I would like to know who Samuel's parents were and what happened to them in order for him to be raised by the Carefoots.

Posted on Nov 15, 1999, 7:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Spearin family

by

I am looking for information about my grandfather Edward Spearin of Owen Sound. He died about 1949/50 or thereabouts. He lived on the Meaford higway just on the outskirts of Owen Sound. Any information about he or any other family member would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Nov 12, 1999, 5:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

family research

by

looking for moggie, moggy family in holland twp. 1850's to 70's and john murdock same area & dates. My greatgrandfather married a Barbara Murdock.

Posted on Nov 12, 1999, 9:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Moggy

by

There is information on the Moggy family in "The Path That Leads to Holland" Volume Two. A History of Holland Twsp.

Here is a quote from one item which deals with lot ownership:

Lot 59, Concession 3, E.G.R.

John Hewitt lived on Lot 59, Concession 3 from October 18 1870 until April 10 1872, when John Moggy (Moggie) acquired the farm from the Crown on April 10, 1872 he was married to Barbara Murdock. They had seven children Robert born 1856, James 1860, John 1864 Sarah Jane 1867 Ann 1870, margaret 1872 and Joseph 1874. They moved to Manitoba with brothers William, Joseph and a sister, Mrs Wm Donnelly, in December 1881. The school and Moggie community got its name from this family.

Another item refers to a William Moggy and details his family. The last part of this item is interesting. "The three Moggy brothers and a sister Isabella, Mrs Wm, Donnelly, came to Canada in the late 1840s settling in a mile and a half radius of each other; they left the settlement the same way as they came, together.

Due to the dates, I am guessing that William and John were brothers. Hope this helped you out some.

Posted on Nov 12, 1999, 5:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

family research

by

my ggf was John moggy and they lived in Holland Township circa 1850-1870, he then moved to the Manitoulin Island. His brothers Joseph and William and sister Isabella (Donnelly) moved to P.La P, Manitoba around 1870's.

Posted on Nov 12, 1999, 9:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

family research

by

Joseph shows up on the 1851 census in Holland Twp on lots 54,55;con.2 - His sister Isabella and brothers,William and John my ggf don't show up until 1861 census in Holland Twp. Joseph,Isabella and William moved to Manitoba in the 1870's and my ggf,John moved to the Manitoulin Island in the 1870's. I'm not sure if they immigrated directly from Ireland to Holland Twp. or if they made another stop someplace in Canada. Any info on this would be helpful.

Posted on Nov 13, 1999, 7:03 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

William Moggy

by

William Moggy was born in 1826 in Ireland and was married to Mary Anne. Their daughter Eliza was born in 1861 in County Grey.

Eliza married William Reid in January 1877 and they lived in High Bluff Manitoba. My grandfather was one of 14 that children that I know of. He was born in 1885 in High Bluff and moved to Saskatchewan where he raised four chilren, one of whom is my mother.

I have more information if you are interested.

Posted on Nov 18, 1999, 7:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MOON, MARSHALL, STEVENS

by

James & Sarah(Jones) MOON came to upper Canada in 1832, from Bath England. Children:(from first marriage to Sophia Trotman-deceased) Edward b.Feb. 1,1808 John b. Jul. 6,1809 Sophia b.May 8,1812 possibly died 1817? Esther b.Apr. 8,1814 Second marriage to Sarah April 6,1818 Children: James Jr. b.Jan. 18,1819 Esther b. July 17,1820 Elizabeth b.Sept. 8,1822 William b.Apr. 7, 1824 Martha & Mary-Twins b.Nov.4,1825 Robert b.Dec. 17,1827 HANNAH (my grgrgrandmother)b.Nov.28,1829 Sarah b.Mar.18,1832 Samuel b. Mar.12,1835 Susan b. Apr. 18,1839 (last 2 born in Canada near Port Whitby) HANNAH MOON married THOMAS MARSHALL(b.Nov.???? d.July 18, 1886) in 1852. Nine children born: William, SARAH JANE, Thomas, Benjamin, Samuel, Martha, John, Walter, & Bertha. SARAH JANE MARSHALL married JAMES ALEXANDER STEVENS (b.Aug.5? 1847) on Nov. 8, 1875 in Manila, Ontario. They had 9 children:Mildred, WILLIAM, Bertha,Lottie(died 5yrs. old) Howard, Beatrice, Glen, Guy,& Carl. The first 4 born in Owen Sound, Ontario, before homesteading in South Dakota in the fall of 1884, then homesteading in Benson County, North Dakota in 1895. What I'm looking for are the relatives of THOMAS MARSHALL,whose family came from Scotland, I have no info on this family. Also info on the family of JAMES A. STEVENS, son of JOHN & SUZANNA (MCGILL) Stevens. John Stevens came from Scotland with his parents as a child. They settled in Ontario, where he grew up. In 1826 he married Suzanna McGill. Twelve children born to them. Anyone related to any of these people???????Sorry I took up so much space...

Posted on Nov 10, 1999, 5:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

FARLEY

by

Am researching the family of David Farley who was
born in Sydenham in approx 1857.

Posted on Nov 10, 1999, 3:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Looking for COPELANDS

by

I am looking for relatives of Samuel Cameron Copeland 1856 - 1907, or anyone with connections to the Copelands from Pictou County, Nova Scotia.

Posted on Nov 9, 1999, 9:24 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Duncan MacDonald 1871 Bentinck Ontario

by

Does anyone recognize this family? A friend gave me this info from the 1871 Ontario Census. I am hoping that this is my ggrandfather's family.
John age 56 b. 1815
Mary age 49 b. 1822
Their children: Flora age 28 b. 1843
John age 23 b. 1848
Catherine age 15 b. 1856
Hugh age 12 b. 1859
Duncan age 10 b. 1861
Mary age 10 b. 1861
Catherine age 5 b. 1866
Ranald ??
The two Catharine's was explained to me as maybe the first one had died and another child was named the same. I guess that was a common practice. Duncan Niel MacDonald would be my ggrandfather. He came to Northern Michigan about 1881 and worked in a lumber camp where he met my ggrandmother Mary Leta Finn, they were married in 1885 and I know the first of their children was born in Canada. Thanks for any help in advance.

Posted on Nov 6, 1999, 8:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MCDONALDs and MCCONNELLS

by

My ggrandmother was Catherine MCDONALD MCCONNELL. The MCCONNELLs emigrated come from northern Grey and/or southern Bruce County to Alpena, MI in the mid-1880s. Catherine is recorded to have been born in 1853 so she is not likely from the direct line. She may have married John MCCONNELL (b 1845) in the mid-1870s--their oldest known child, George, was born in 1876, the next, Jessie was born in 1878. My grandfather, David, was born in Ripley, Bruce County, in 1883. After the last, John, was born in 1885, they left for Alpena. I thought the message was interesting because I've found little information on Catherine's MCDONALDs or the MCCONNELLs.

Posted on Nov 21, 1999, 12:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

haley family of Glenelg

by

Does anyone know where this family originated in Ireland? Who were the Children of Nicolaus Haley?
He was in his 70's at the time of the1881 census.
Where is he buried?

Posted on Nov 5, 1999, 9:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nicolaus Haley

by

I have a friend, Bern Haley whose great-grandfather was Nicolaus Haley from Glenelg Twp. He knows the children, or can find out from a sister whose has the family records. Can you send me your address and perhaps phone number and I will have him contact you. They have no computer.

Anne MacPherson

Posted on Nov 26, 1999, 1:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

haley

by

I have found some records. However a Bern Haley was not mentioned. I am very interested. Here is my connection.
nicolas haley and catherine fitzpatrick
patrick haley and bridget martin
ambrose haley and sarah carr
mary haley and norman smart
joan smart(myself) my husband---ron silver

429 Dansbury Drive
Waterloo,ON. N2K3X9

Thank you kindly.

Posted on Dec 8, 1999, 11:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

TERRY

by

Searching for birth record of Alice Terry; born
Mount Forest early 1870's. Father Thomas Terry.
Mothers maiden name unknown.
Any other info. on Terry's in this area at this time appreciated.

Posted on Nov 4, 1999, 3:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Terry Family

by

I have some information on William Terry who was married to Elizabeth Wilson about 1839 in Stratford, Perth County.

Posted on Mar 8, 2002, 2:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LEASK/LAMB

by

I'm not looking for Terrys'. But I am looking for LEASKs. Decesndants of George LEASK (1824-1896) m. Barbara LAMB (1830-1879). Came from Ellon, Aberdeenshire Scotland to Greenock Twp. Bruce County in 1855 +/-.
Any connection? ..... Case

Posted on Oct 7, 2002, 7:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cemetery info for Coleman

by

Could someone please help me obtain date of birth and date of death info for Thomas and Sarah Coleman, buried in Markdale Cemetery, Grey County, Artemesia Twp. They could be gggrand father and mother. Thank You.

Posted on Nov 4, 1999, 6:11 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

CUTBUSH

by

Hi, I am desperately looking to find info. on the Cutbush family who were living in Owen Sound in the early 1900's. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Nov 3, 1999, 10:54 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

FRASER / YOUNG - Holland Twsp

by

Searching for info on grandmother, BARBARA CHRISTINA FRASER b. 1880 d. 1933. Particularly her parents and siblings. Have heard she was born in Tillsonburg. Believe she was raised in Holland Twsp. Married THOMAS SAMUEL YOUNG, and they farmed in Holland Twsp. They are both buried in Harkaway Cemetary, Holland Twsp. I have the book on Holland Twsp, but that is all the info I know.

Posted on Oct 31, 1999, 6:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Update FRASER/YOUNG

by

Have just found out from the 1881 census that Barbara Christena Fraser was actually born in 1881 in Sullivan Twsp. Her parents were George Fraser and Mary ?. Still searching for information on this family.

Posted on Nov 20, 1999, 6:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Young relatives

by

Hello Kate,

If Thomas Young and Barbara Fraser are your grandparents, then we are distant relatives through Thomas' father Samuel. I have an extensive listing of the Young family. Your grandfather Thomas, and his sister Letitia (my great grandmother) were 2 of 14 children of Samuel Young and Margaret Quinn.

Under my records I have Thomas Young and Tina Frazer (that's how I received the spelling) as having 6 children: Harold / Jonathan / Alvin / Russell / Marguerite / Mary.....is that correct? Also, is Barbara Fraser's maiden name spelled with an "S" or a "Z"? My father remembers John and Hazel Young many years ago. I would be grateful to receive a listing of descendants from Thomas and Barbara (Fraser) Young. I have much information I can grant you as well.

I hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Tom

Posted on Dec 1, 2000, 9:21 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Young/Fraser

by Kate Fox

Received your file Tom. Barbara Christina Fraser's name is with an "s". Yet I have seen it spelt both ways. I am compiling my Young history, and will send it as soon as it is completed. Do you have any info on the Fraser's. It is a complete dead-end for me.

Kate

Posted on Dec 21, 2000, 4:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

John & Hazel Young

by

Hazel Young still lives I think in the Walters Falls area. They were friends ( relatives of my mother, who was Sadie Young) of my parents. My husband was visiting with her about 3 weeks ago. I can find info about and from her if you wish.

Posted on Jul 21, 2001, 6:47 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Young/Fraser

by

Just keeping the info flowing on this site. Received your file and we are related. Had never heard of Uncle John being referred to as Jonathon, will have to check that out. I need to get more info on the other uncles and then will compile a file and forward it to you. Have been in contact with other descendants of Samuel Young two sons (Alexander Young's descendants, and David Young).

Posted on Jan 1, 2001, 5:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Young family

by

My mother was Sadie Young. I am very interested in getting a list of the Young family from the Holland Twp. area. I know we are related to a John and Hazel Young as they were friends of my parents. I think they are from around Walters falls area. My Grandfathers name was Lorne and he had a brother who moved west his name was Gordon. I hope this might help and we are on the same track. He also had a sister Frieda.
Karen

Posted on Jul 21, 2001, 6:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

New Email Address - Kate Fox

by

New Email address for Kate Fox with interests in the Youngs/Frasers of Holland Twsp Grey County

Posted on Feb 17, 2002, 3:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hanna/Dever/Spiers/Anderson

by

Samuel Hannah married Jane Ann Thompson in Dongal Ireland. All the Children were born in Ireland and married in Canada except the First Son

Richard abt 1823 M Ellen
Robert abt 1825 M Ann Jane Dever
Ann abt 1828 M Thomas Anderson
Ellen Sep 1830 M Hasley Spiers
Catherine abt 1831/1835 M William Dever
Sanuel Hannah abt 1836 M Catherine Anderson
John M Margaret

Richard stayed in Ireland, if you have information on the other children please respond

Posted on Oct 31, 1999, 2:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

McCallum's of Artemisia, Grey County correction

by

Simon Fraser McCallum married Mary Sauders there family was

Mary abt 1867
William J. abt 1871
Margart C. abt 1873
John Donald 20 Jan 1874
Mugh McLean McCallum 20 may 1896
Bessie 18 dec 1877
Alexander 21 6 1879
Charles 10 oct 1881 Married Mary Ellen Hanna
Eugenia Gertrude 14 may 1883
Lydia

the Children lived in Albert, California, Portland Oregon, Ontario

If you have any information on the family please reply

Posted on Oct 31, 1999, 2:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

McCallum's of Artemisia, Grey County

by

Simon Fraser McCallum of Inverness Scottland married the widow Munshaw -- Mary Sauders of Quebec. There Children were as follows

Posted on Oct 31, 1999, 12:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MUNSHAW

by

I realize that you corrected this email. But just curious about your reference to MUNSHAW. Not a common name, but one that I am researching.

Posted on Oct 31, 1999, 6:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Bell Family

by

I am looking for information on the family of Duncan Bell, and Sarah (McMillan) Bell. Duncan and Sarah were both born in Scotland,and daughter Margaret was born in Canada. Margaret my grandmother married William Frances Edmonstone of Sydenham Twp. I do not know if Margaret(Maggie) had any brothers or sisters or what happened to Duncan or Sarah

Posted on Oct 31, 1999, 4:43 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Looking for Costello/West

by

I'm looking for any information about my grandmother's relatives who lived in Mount Forest sometime after she was born in Palmerston, March 11. 1880. All we know is that her mother's maiden name was Costello, and her father's last name was West. My grandmother was Mary Barbara West. She had an aunt Ellen.

Posted on Oct 30, 1999, 5:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LYON (S), ELIJAH

by

Searching for descendents of ELIJAH LYON(S)b 9 Sept 1836, Snitterby, Lincolnshire, England. May have married MARY HARNESS 1 Feb 1870 (not confirmed). Resided in Owen Sound. 1891 Census lists 2 dtrs, Sarah Jane, 19 & Elizabeth A, 17.
Parents were BENJAMIN LYON & ELIZABETH DRAYTON

Posted on Oct 29, 1999, 10:55 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

VANDERBURGH/GOULD/MOFFATT/QUAY/BOWERS

by

Attempting to find names of parents of NELSON VANDERBURGH or VANDERBURG of St. Vincent, Grey County (1851-1871 census); married to MARY ANN GOULD (parents were ALLEN GOULD AND CATHERINE BOWERS) prior to 1849; children were HASSARD (who married CATHERINE MOFFATT of St. Vincent...her parents were THOMAS MOFFATT AND RACHEL QUAY), ALLEN, RACHEL, EMMA, BARNET (?), HENRY and AMY...many of these persons emigrated to area of S. Ste Marie, Algoma County, Ontario and Chippewa County, Michigan. Any info on any of these subjects greatly appreciated, especially ancestry of Nelson.

Posted on Oct 28, 1999, 7:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MCFARLANE/MCARTHUR , Durham, Ontario

by

Looking for information on John McFarlane (d.1901) and his wife Annabella McArthur (d.1913) who settled around Durham, Ontario.

Posted on Oct 28, 1999, 7:30 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

RE: McFarlane/McArthur

by

I found an Annabella McArthur in the 1871 Census listed with the family of John and Christy McPhail in Glenelg township. She was 24, born in Scotland. Could this be your Annabella?

Posted on Jan 12, 2001, 7:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

McFarlane/McArthur

by K. Ewles

Your message was sent several years ago and you may already have this info. In the book "Farm Lanes of Bentinck", page 714, R12 at Durham Cemetery reads "John McFarlane died October 15, 1901 at age 75 years; also his wife Annabella died April 28, 1913 at age 81 years......" This Annabella may have been Annabella McArthur, the daughter of Donald McArthur and Mary McKinnon.

Posted on Dec 17, 2004, 11:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Schultz-McNair-Collingwood

by

Looking for information on Otto Schultz and Margaret (McNair) Schultz. Parents of Victor Kippen Schultz b1878. Victor died 8/30/1945 and is buried in the Collingwood area.
Not sure when Otto died though it was before Margaret. She lived in Collingwood in the 1930 and 40's and may have been there for years before?
Any info on these folks would be great! We unfortunately don't have much info on them yet.
Victor was my ggrandfather. Please email me at:
zbrwgo@aol.com

Posted on Oct 28, 1999, 12:42 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

William and Mary Ann Stevens, Grey County, 1860s

by

I am searching for information about William and Mary Ann (Wright) Stevens, children William (Bill), Mary and Frederick (b. 1867) all of whom eventually settled in Manitoba. William was a Toronto firefighter whose dream of becoming a gentleman farmer took him to a swampy plot of land in Grey Country, with 2 fire brigade horses he planned to use as draught animals.

Posted on Oct 27, 1999, 2:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

William Henry Stevens

by

I have a William Henry Stevens born April 1, 1853, son of John & Suzanna (McGill). He was the twelveth child born to them. They were married in 1826. Any connection?

Posted on Nov 27, 1999, 6:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Stewarts of Osprey twsp Grey County

by

I'm looking for information on Alexander and Margaret Stewart. Alex's father settled on lots 79 & 80 concession 2 south of Durham Rd before 1855. Father was William Stewart Married to Susan McCormack. The name William Stewart was the first name on the first assessment roll for the year 1855. (Taxes were $3.35) My Grandmother Maggie May Stewart-Lawrence said her parents were first cousins. Thanks for any help.

Posted on Oct 27, 1999, 5:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Stewart family

by

I'm also looking for a Stewart Family - I don't know if there is any connection. Robert Stewart was born in Scotland - I'm not sure when he came to Canada. His daughter was Margaret Stewart, she was born approx. 1828-1832. I don't know if there was any siblings. I realize this is probably like looking for a needle in a haystack - but - you never know when the right family tree will show up. Thanks!

p.s. Margaret Stewart married Alanzo Eastlake also of Scotland.

Posted on Mar 9, 2000, 8:35 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hanover Catholic Church Records

by

I am interested in finding out the availability of any Catholic Church records for churches in Hanover beginning in the 1850s. My ancestors, with the family name Schwigler, were born there. Originally, the parents came from Germany. They did not stay in Grey county indefinitely. By 1871, they were near Toronto. Any direction would be appreciated.
Thanks, Greg Korn.

Posted on Oct 24, 1999, 7:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

HISTORY OR GENEALOGY

by

I may be able to help you. Have you tried the Morman History Center in Kitchener? Phone them they will be able to help you. I could help to, but I'm doing the Gross family right now. I work free. You may E-mail me any time you wish. Our family is from Hanover also. I live in Waterloo now. I hope this will help you. Ron

Posted on Nov 21, 1999, 7:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Galbraiths Grey County 1850 to 1890

by

I am trying to get information Joseph, Dorothy, Frederick William, Winifred, Mildred and Harry all born in Grey County Father James Mother Sarah
apprciate any help.

Posted on Oct 23, 1999, 8:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Joseph Galbraith - Grey County

by

In information that I found listed by Janice Fawcett was a marriage in 1871 of Joseph Galbraith to Rachel Jane Fawcett, born 1854, daughter of James Fawcett and Jane Foster of Euphrasia Township, Grey County.

Hope this helps

Posted on Oct 26, 1999, 3:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks

by

Joseph was my gguncle

Posted on Aug 29, 2000, 7:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Galbraith

by

I have over 200 pages in my Galbraith Family tree if you can give me more info maybe I can help.
moon_baby2@hotmail.com

Posted on Apr 16, 2001, 2:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Galbraith Ancestry

by

I am interested in learning about my connection to the Galbraith family. William Farmer, son of John Farmer and Mary Hamill, was married to Mary Galbraith. Mary was born in Ireland in 1841 and died March 22, 1883 in Arthur, Ontario. She is buried in Greenfield Cemetery Arthur. They lived in Scotland before coming to Canada. Children were: (born in Scotland) Jane 1864, Matilda 1866, and Margaret 1874, born in Canada Elizabeth Ann 1877, William (my Grandfather) 1878, and Mary Agnes 1880.
If you have any information relating to us please let me know.
Sherrill

Posted on Nov 16, 2003, 8:16 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

George Sutton & Jane Elder of Sydenham Twp

by

Seeking information about the family of George Sutton & Jane Elder of Sydenham Township. They were married in Ontario in 1863, and had five children. (Mary, Ralph, James, Elizabeth, and Georgina. I have been unable to find anything on George or Jane, and two of their children Mary, and James after 1871. Their other three children were found to be living with the Elder family in the 1881-1901 census's.

If anyone has any information that would help me in my search, it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Oct 22, 1999, 2:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

RE; Sutton's

by

Hi, I am also doing research on the Sutton Family from the Owen Sound area. My Great Grandmother was Elizabeth Sutton, {1889-1964}and she married a William Waltenburgh, and then a George Greenaway, when William dies in the war. I know almost nothing about her family, except that my relatives believe her fathers name to have been George, and that she had a brother Eliga. She was also related to William Sutton who married Catherine, the Indian Princess.
I would be interested if this is the same family. I have done alot of research on the Waltenburg side and I am back to the 1700's, but I am just starting with the Suttons.
Hope to hear from you soon
Roxanne

Posted on Feb 14, 2000, 6:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Keeling, Thomas & Catherine Ball of Middlesex, VA

by

Looking for information on this Thomas Keeling. Have not been able to find where he came from or his earlier relatives. Would appreciate any help.
Thank you, Cathy

Posted on Oct 22, 1999, 1:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Litt family of Grey County

by

I am currently conducting research on the Litt family of Grey County. Interested in information especially on John Litt, son of Jacob and Barbara, and his wife Christina Ruhl.

Posted on Oct 21, 1999, 11:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Litt Family

by

Deborah, there are some Litts' in my ancestorie line, George Litt, and a Jake Litt. Any connection?

Posted on Feb 11, 2002, 7:24 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Litt Family

by

Deborah, not sure if you rec; 1st msge. There is a George Litt and Jake Litt in my Mother's background. Any Connection?

Posted on Feb 11, 2002, 7:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Litt Family

by

Deborah, not sure if you rec; 1st msge. There is a George Litt and Jake Litt in my Mother's background. Any Connection?

Posted on Feb 11, 2002, 7:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Deer Family of Grey County

by

Mary Elizabeth Deer was born in Proton, Grey County, Ontario on June 10, 1867. I am looking for information on her parents. All I have is that her father was David Deer born in England, according to the 1871 Ontario Census. I have no information on her mother.

If it helps to find her parents, Mary married George Taylor on 16 Nov 1887 at Collingwood, Ontario, by licence. Mary Deer was age 21 at the time of their marriage, and she resided at Collingwood Township. Her religion was Baptist.

Witnesses: John Sprott (Nottawasaga Twp) and Elizabeth Deer (Collingwood Twp.)
Marriage performed by Rev. R. W. Kelly. Marriage Registration #: 011145/87

If anyone has information that will help me find the parents of Mary, please get in touch with me.

Thank you,
Myrna McGhie

Posted on Oct 20, 1999, 11:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

David Deer

by

Myrna, please contact me. I have important information on the Deer family. My husband is related.

Posted on Jan 7, 2002, 6:10 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cruikshank/s

by

Looking to find the relatives of Rose and Elspet Anderson Cruikshank/s. Elpet married Duncan MacLean. Lived in Saskatoon and Vancouver. Rose married into the McLeod Family and resided in Owen Sound.

Please contact me if you have some further information.

Posted on Oct 20, 1999, 9:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

McGaffin Family

by

I am looking for information on the McGAffin Family. They came from York County originally. David Watson McGaffin and Jane or Jeanette Harrison McGaffin and James McGAffin and Mary Ann (Munro?) McGaffin. David's daughter Matilda Jane married John Kingsley in Toronto, his parents were Thomas and Eliza Kingsley. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks Donnie

Posted on Oct 7, 1999, 9:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

McGaffin

by

I too am looking for my McGaffin ancestors. It looks as if I may have some info for you. The name David Watson McGaffin has been passed onto me in my search and I am trying to link him and his family with my Gr-Grandmother Dorothy. Let me know that you have received this and I will send you what I know.

Posted on Dec 19, 1999, 8:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

McGaffin family

by

Hi Sunday: my ggrandmother was ada mcgaffin born in aurora. i was in touch with john ruelle a few years ago and he sent me info on the mcgaffin family and i sent him a scrapbook with pics of the mcgaffin's, he photocopied some of the pages and then returned it to me. as i do a lot of genealogy as a hobby, i have not done anything on the mcgaffin family for a long time. in may i am going to ireland for 2 weeks to do genealogy on the cornwall/mcgaffin families, hence the renewed interest. i believe they came from county armagh around the newry area, but would like to zero in on the exact place so i can look up records. have you found out anything that may help me? as yo know the spelling of mcgaffin is varied, and in some cases i think it was mcguffin, but nothing is easy. i only remember my grandmother, margaret cornwall, telling me that they were from county armagh. the cornwall family i think came from co. roscommon near castlerea, so i hope to go there and find some records. any info would be appreciated. have you been in touch with john or donnie boursaw? cheers, peg

Posted on Mar 13, 2007, 3:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

McMillan, Black, Buchanan, and McGillis Families

by

Looking for parents of John McMillan who married Mary Black abt. 1853-1855 at Chatsworth. Mary b. Benbecula, Scotland abt 1833-35 and died at Gleneig, Ontario on Dec. 25 1866. His dates would be similar. Their children: Donald, Joseph,
Christina, Mary, Angus, Donald, Margaret. Son Angus J. is my wife's ggrandfather.

Posted on Oct 6, 1999, 11:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mary Black McMillan

by Ruth Ann Hellyer

Might the place Mary Black McMillan died be Glenelg? This township is less than 15 miles from
Chatswort. It might be a place to check

Posted on Oct 7, 1999, 3:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on GenealogyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement