Return to index  

The Navigator is one of the very few large watches . . .

October 21 2006 at 10:16 AM
Art  (Login Drabble)
Brand Forum Moderators

Response to Just some quick comparrisons on the GO Navigator >

. . . that I've been able to wear comfortably (in the aesthetic sense, not the physical) on my slender wrist. There are three reasons I can think of that explains this curious turn of events: first, the (almost) completely brushed finish works to visually "shrink" the case; second, the matte black dial is populated by a plethora of printed information which absorbs it's expanse - compare the G O to the Panerai and you'll see what I mean; and third, the cannily chosen unobtrusive brown strap completes the homogeniously drab overall appearance. All factors combined create a nominally large watch that doesn't draw attention to itself. By way of comparison, I tried on a VC Patrimony a few days ago, which I'm sure has a smaller case than the Navigator . . . it's design elements - broad, flat, and contrasted - work in the opposite direction . . . no way I could pull that one off. The dateless Navigator is very high on my list, and congratulations, Andy, on your latest acquisition. Cordially, Art

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page