Return to index  

The Navigator is one of the very few large watches . . .

October 21 2006 at 10:16 AM
Art  (Login Drabble)
Brand Forum Moderators

Response to Just some quick comparrisons on the GO Navigator >

. . . that I've been able to wear comfortably (in the aesthetic sense, not the physical) on my slender wrist. There are three reasons I can think of that explains this curious turn of events: first, the (almost) completely brushed finish works to visually "shrink" the case; second, the matte black dial is populated by a plethora of printed information which absorbs it's expanse - compare the G O to the Panerai and you'll see what I mean; and third, the cannily chosen unobtrusive brown strap completes the homogeniously drab overall appearance. All factors combined create a nominally large watch that doesn't draw attention to itself. By way of comparison, I tried on a VC Patrimony a few days ago, which I'm sure has a smaller case than the Navigator . . . it's design elements - broad, flat, and contrasted - work in the opposite direction . . . no way I could pull that one off. The dateless Navigator is very high on my list, and congratulations, Andy, on your latest acquisition. Cordially, Art

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page