Return to index  

maintaining value ?

October 26 2006 at 8:38 PM
Tom  (Login tonsimonis)

I am the lucky owner of a GO Karree Toubillon , white gold, the last ones made with the old rectangular shape, only 8 made in the world (they made 8 more white gold ones when the yellow gold limited series had sold out) and I have number 5 (hardly worn).

It is the most beautiful watch I have seen but circumstances in my living surroundings are unsafe regardless of what (Caribbean Island) and I decided to give it a try selling at Antiquorum in Geneva.

I will of course abide by the rules here and not mention prices, but retail value was a certain amount, no promotion for this watch was made as they were all sold when the decision was made to make 8 white gold pieces and I got a reasobly good deal with 20% off.

Antiquorum would be the best in business ( I actually also checked Christies but got an even worse result) but to my big surpises they value this watch at almost 1/3 of the price I paid.

Unbelievable, any Lange & Sohn Tourbillon would go for much more than the GO but the GO it is so perfectly made!

Well, no go for me then. Will just wait till different times. Had some Pateks which they took for avoer purchase price, to me it is just the fact that GO perhaps still not is recognized for the great come back they made and watchmakers they are.

Ton

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page