<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Authenticity Check

October 10 2006 at 6:01 AM
James  (Login jamesblunt)

Hey guys,

I have purchased a glashütte original and i am very happy, but i am looking for a check of authenticty as it was not purchased from a big supplier.

the watch i have and all details are as follows:

strap: brown with pattern on and stainless steel 'snap fasten' glashütte original fasterner

it says genuine leather on it and also glashütte original on the inlay of the strap

back of watch: it is transparent so i can see the works and on a metal plate like piece it says glashütte original and then GLASHUTTE under it.

around the rim it says 'certifie chronometreetanche 30m a13352 chronograph'

the watch is pretty heavy with a white face, it is automatic with the date on just under the '12' (however there is no numbers its just ||)

it says made in germany under the six ( | )

and glashütte original above it

the face also says reserve de marche

it is automatic, has a 'second clock' on the face and the 'automatic wind power' on the face

does anyone have links, images or prices of the watch?

thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

Sorry to say ...

October 11 2006, 6:52 AM 

... but as much as I could figure out from your description, your watch is a fake. GO does not sell any watches stamped as "certified chronometers", since they do not submit any movements to the COSC. Also, a watch that is not a true chronograph would not wear this description on the back.

One of the most easy ways to tell a GO fake from a real one is - this shall by no means appear arrogant - its price. It is impossible to purchase a real GO at a very, very cheap price (say, a hundred dollars, or three hundred dollars), except in the case it has been stolen, maybe. GO watches are expensive, and even used ones, or older ones are still expensive.

Sorry for the bad news!
Regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   
james blunt
(no login)

re:

October 11 2006, 6:59 AM 

here is some pictures of it:

www.usavioservices.com/ff

Respond to this message   

MTF
(Login MelvynTeillolFoo)
Admin

I'm so sorry >>

October 11 2006, 9:29 AM 

Sir,

Seen the photos.

That is not a model that Glashutte Original makes. Apart from the deliberate mistake of the french 'Reserve de Marche' on a Saschen German watch, the "Big Date" with 2-window frames is definitely NOT Glashutte Original.

The other Glashutte watch manufacturer next door to GO (Lange & Sohne) do have double framed windows for their Big Date display, ostensibly, derived from the clock display at the Semper Opera house in Dresden; but your watch is also not a Lange & Sohne!

I agree with my friend Marcus. You seem to have a watch made "in tribute" to Glashutte Original.

Regards, MTF

Respond to this message   
Al
(Login 1440)
PP Discussion Group

I'm sorry James.......

October 11 2006, 9:34 AM 

but that certainly looks like a fake to me. Not only do I not recognize the model, but the quality of the work seems quite off when compared to a true GO.

I hope you did not pay too much for it.

Respond to this message   

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

It is that infamous Chinese movement ...

October 11 2006, 11:08 AM 

... found in most fake watches. The dial layout seems to be a new one, though. Better fakes try to copy the original watch more thoroughly, but this does not use a single element that makes the original GO watches unique.

Regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   
Martin
(no login)

Hope you didn't pay over ten dollars for that thing! nt

October 13 2006, 11:12 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page