<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Rotor of Caliber 39

November 12 2006 at 9:59 PM
strongbee  (Login strongbee)

Hello. I have a small problem with my Senator moonphase. It is not easily fully wound up. I tried to move my hand / watch a lot and after the day it was just halfly wound (as read from the reserve inidcator). So I manually wind it. I suspect the rotor is too 'light' to give the torque for winding. Does anyone has similar problem? Many thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JackB
(Login BonMont)
AP Discussion Group

I have no problem with a Cal. 39....

November 13 2006, 4:40 AM 

in a Senator Perpetual Navigator. There is no power reserve indicator so I have no idea of how fully wound it may be (or not be). However, it does not stop or falter during use and it maintains time accuracy so it clearly has sufficient power to operate as it should (whether or not it achieves fully wound status).

Hope that helps (Art, who has several Cal. 39's, may weigh in on his experience).

JackB

Respond to this message   
Art
(Login Drabble)
Brand Forum Moderators

No winding problems here either, Strongbee . . .

November 13 2006, 10:53 PM 

. . . with any of the five cal 39 G O's I have personal experience with, including the Senator up-and-down which I owned for over four years. The problem could be in the planetary gear train for the power reserve indicator or insufficient winding, but I rather doubt it's directly related to the rotor. I would suggest using a winder (set counter-clockwise at the lowest possible rate) to see if it's just a matter of providing enough energy to the mainspring, and rasing the turn rate if the lowest setting doesn't cut it. If the power reserve indicator still refuses to budge beyond the half-way point but does so with manual winding, then perhaps a call to the G O service department is in order. Cordially, Art

Respond to this message   
Lars
(Login larsdane)
AP Discussion Group

Slow winding

November 14 2006, 2:06 AM 

I have the Senetor with Moonphase and Powerreserve, which must be the watch you refer to. It's my newst watch and I usually only wear it after work, when I'm sure I'm not doing anything that could potentially harm it. It's not always fully wound when I take it off, but if I wear it for a whole day, it is, and I don't have to pay particular attention to the movement of my wrist.

For esthetic reasons, I prefer it to be between half and fully wound. I know it is ridiculus, but I think it looks better when the Power Reserve hand is in the middle of the scale, so I would actually prefer that the winding was less efficient and the power reserve a little longer. That way, I could wear it half a day and still have enough power to last until the following evening. That is not always the case now. But the watch do wind fully if worn for a whole day.

Kind regards

Lars

Respond to this message   
strong bee
(Login strongbee)

Thanks all and

November 14 2006, 3:58 AM 

I want to get one sports evolution (big date) on bracelet,that's why I ask if cal 39 really works well.

Respond to this message   

ei8htohms
(Login ei8htohms)
AP Discussion Group

could be the ball bearings are sluggish

November 14 2006, 7:05 PM 

Respond to this message   

Marcus Hanke
(Login mhanke)
Brand Forum Moderators

Efficient method to improve watch winding ...

November 15 2006, 4:13 AM 

6 times daily.

Expect your pictures to proof your serious effort. pronto.

Regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   
Art
(Login Drabble)
Brand Forum Moderators

Now that's funny! . . .

November 15 2006, 7:12 AM 

. . . I thought playing a set of backgammon was all that was necessary, but you've taken wrist-movement competition to a higher level, Marcus. LOL, Art

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page