Return to Index  

seconds hand..

February 12 2004 at 5:14 AM
Lutz  (Login ammererlutz)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Thank You Lutz

Hi Bryan,

I miss the seconds hand sometimes in my profession,privately I don´t need one at all.The only watch with this retrograde calender mechanism+seconds hand I liked was the Parmigiani,but that one is way dearer than even Breguet and honestly I am not so much attracted to the PF- brand inspite of their beautiful dial(its very big and thick too).The other one,the PP 5059,is not my taste at all(don`t like the dial and thickness).

Your second question:I always prefer buying at an authorized retailer,receiving a brand new watch with warranty,papers etc.
But I also understand that buying pre-owned pieces can be a very attractive alternative as watches ca be 50% and more cheaper(and that is a lot of money for a 50k watch).I can´t give a certain recommendation but I would advise to first collect all info You can get about a certain timepiece,besides as far as I know there are not many fakes of currently produced complicated Breguet timepieces around(hands off antique Breguet pocket watches though if offered by anyone but a very respected house)(quite different with cheaper brands like the "most wanted" Rolex and Cartier,where the risk of buying a fake is so high that anything than buying from the official retailer is extremely hazardous).Second,get all info You can get about Your sec.hand dealer and the other pieces he offers.I don´t mention internet dealers:even more dangerous,but of course honest peole among them too.
So,if pre-owned I would prefer buying at the big auction houses,Sothebys,Christies and Antiquorum always offer a garantee of originality,of course You have to consider additional service and repair costs of $500-3000 as always.

regards,
Lutz

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page