<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A question

November 5 2006 at 3:34 AM
Lutz  (Login Breguet-Fan)

Hello,
here is a question from a beginner.I this watch a original or a replica?
Someone knows these watch?I`m grateful for each assistance.

Here is the description:
Very fine verge pocketwatch by Breguet, a Paris with quarter repeating and repeating a toc, nearly 1785. Diameter of case is 46 mm, excluding the pendant. There is no hallmark in the case. Bezel set with stones, on the yellow-goldcase are nice applications. The white enamel-dial shows a ship in the range of the keyhole . Nice original golden hands. Movement is running and stroking fine . With chain and key as shown.

Best regards
Lutz

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ei8htohms
(Login ei8htohms)
AP Discussion Group

can you post some pictures?

November 5 2006, 6:04 AM 

Hi Lutz,

It's impossible to authenticate a watch at a distance based on pictures alone, but it's at least possible to take some guesses and advise whether or not you should take the next step to send it to Breguet for aunthetication. Based on a description alone even this is impossible however. If you can post some pictures perhaps you'll scare up some info.

I'd like to also suggest that you shoose a different posting name from "Lutz". There is a very knowledgable and well known regular participant on this forum who has been using that name for several years. Choosing a different name would help to avoid potential confusion.

_john

Respond to this message   
Lutz
(Login ammererlutz)
AP Discussion Group

thanks John for the clarification(nt)

November 6 2006, 5:15 AM 

Respond to this message   
Lutz
(Login ammererlutz)
AP Discussion Group

just to avoid any misunderstandings,that's not me

November 6 2006, 5:14 AM 

Dear "breguet fan",
using my usual name here might lead to misunderstandings,therefore it would be easier for the community if You added some distinguishing mark to Your forum-name,
regards,
Lutz

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page