<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Breguet

November 15 2006 at 2:52 PM
Tony Palmieri  (Login TonyP555)

Hello everyone, I'm a newbee here with a question if you don't mind. I'm about to buy a Breguet XX which will be my first Breguet. A few of my friends are trying to talk me out of buying it by telling me that it's not that great of a watch and do not hold their value very well. IYHO, is there much truth to what they're telling me? I really could use your help on this. Thank you in advance. TonyP

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ei8htohms
(Login ei8htohms)
AP Discussion Group

I think they're fantastic

November 15 2006, 6:09 PM 

Hi Tony,

You can go back and forth all day about the quality of this or that piece relative to the rest of the brand's offerings, the prestige of the brand in general, whether or not a certain model is "Breguet-enough", etc., but ultimately it is usually an emotional decision to purchase one and for many people, they simply have to have a Breguet. For me, the one would most likely be the Type XX Transatlantique.

I simply love the movement (I've written extensively about it on this forum and also on WatchRap) and find the styling to be tasteful and utilitarian, the size to be just right and the Breguet name to be right up my alley. It's a great timekeeper, generally reliable and rugged and looks great doing it.

The resale value is not good, so definitely pick one up second hand if that's an option for you, but if you're buying for yourself and you're not the type to get bored quickly and sell it, resale value is of little consequence anyway.

_john

Respond to this message   
autowind
(no login)

Breguet

November 15 2006, 7:01 PM 

Small company that produces low volume, exceptional quality, beautiful pieces. Not well known because they don't market much but the product is very well respected. Because of their minimal marketing, resale is mediocre but the watches are excellent quality - some of the best.

If you're buying for quality and to wear, you can't go wrong. If you're buying to sell later at a profit, you might want to roll the dice elsewhere.

Respond to this message   
TonyP
(Login TonyP555)

Re: Breguet

November 16 2006, 8:49 AM 

Thank you so much. I'm on my way to buy it.

Respond to this message   
autowind
(no login)

New Breguet

November 16 2006, 9:49 PM 

Wait until you see the beautiful detail on the dial, the pattern on the edge of the case, and the movement. YOu will not be disappointed. Give us the Ref # and post some pics.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page