<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Do any one know!

January 11 2003 at 6:29 PM
No score for this post
Janet  (no login)

Do any one know a person called Ja'fer? He used to work in Kagnew since 1956-up to last. He was a track driver.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Yebio Woldemariam
(no login)

Do any one know?

No score for this post
March 11 2003, 9:52 PM 

Yes, I know some one named Jaefer Kidane,who had work at kagnew station for a long time. I don't know when he had started, but I know that he was still working when the base closed in 1975.
He is my cousin. We are from the small village just behind kagnew towards the old golf club. I am one of a few Eritreans who lived around the old golf club and immigrated to the United States.
I am sorry to inform you that Jaefer (Ja'efer) is deceased. He died on a driving accident few years back. He was one of the kindest and responsible person.

He has children, in fact he has a daughter who now lives in Melbourne Australia. She lives very close to my brother. My brother was here a month ago, on a visit from Australia.

To end on a happy note, I like to tell you this story.
I have three boys and took them on baseball trail drive from Houston to Chicago. We were watching Cubs vs White Sox game at Rigley Field. I happen to sit near
a young woman. She took one look at me and said "Say something in your native language, I bet I know how to speak it!". Her friend insisted she is bragging, give her a try say something. I said "Menshimkee?" for what is your name. Lo and behold, she said "Julie". We both stood up giving each other the biggest hug and shout. She was a Peace Corps for two years in 1996. She not only lived in the same town but also knew some of our family.
Hope this response finds you.

Keep in touch.

Yebio

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This forum is not intended to be used for political purposes.
Those abusing this forum will be blocked from future use.