Squalor Survivors

This forum is archived (i.e. you can read but not post), and may be used as an emergency back-up forum if the current forums are inaccessible (bookmark this page so you have it when you need it!)

Squalor Survivors can be found at: http://www.squalorsurvivors.com/ OR http://www.squalorsurvivors.org/
To email Pigpen: jo.y@slingshot.co.nz OR squalor.survivors@gmail.com.

Return to Index  

Worst Fear came true today

December 24 2006 at 2:48 AM
MynxSphynx  (Login MynxSphynx)

Yes, the dreaded Landlord Call came tonight. I was mortified, but not entirely surprised, I will admit. I mean, I know my place is cluttered.

You see, I had a "surprise" repair a few weeks ago and it turns out that the service technician told my landlord my place was a mess. The report taht was made was quite overexaggerated, but some of the things were true- like the smell and the dirty carpet. I have a few days to correct the situation and a lot to do in that time. Thankfully, my landlord was very kind and understanding and also firm about the fact that I need to clean. But she is not going to kick me out or anything. She just wants it cleaned so the complaint is resolved.

This is hardly an impossible situation- mainly it's just time-consuming. I just need to set aside some time, get a big garbage can and start being ruthless and getting rid of stuff. Mainly I need to generally declutter, then shampoo the carpets, sweep/mop floors and dust in the places I can't reach, etc. I would estimate that 2-3 days of cleaning should take care of this. It's just making myself DO it that is the hard part.

Well, I haven't posted here in months and I spent the first 6 months of 2006 posting here regularly (under a different name- for some reason I had to re-register on this new board). I got a lot done earlier this year and managed to get rid of about 1/3 to 1/2 of my clutter in that time.

I guess it's time to finish the job. I am gonna need some moral support, though. I am at level 2-3. It's hard to get past the embarassment and shame and anger (at having been reported), and get to what needs to be done! But, get to it I must, starting in the morning. It is 2:40 am here and I have been sitting up stressing over my embarassment and shame. At least I know I can come in here and post and people will understand.

Has anyone else been in this situation pulled this off? How did you do it and deal with the embarassment?

Sphynx

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All posts are © their original authors.