Squalor Survivors

This forum is archived (i.e. you can read but not post), and may be used as an emergency back-up forum if the current forums are inaccessible (bookmark this page so you have it when you need it!)

Squalor Survivors can be found at: http://www.squalorsurvivors.com/ OR http://www.squalorsurvivors.org/
To email Pigpen: jo.y@slingshot.co.nz OR squalor.survivors@gmail.com.

Return to Index  

Thank you and How to deal with Cat Odor?

December 24 2006 at 4:35 PM
  (Login MynxSphynx)

Response to Worst Fear came true today

Thanks for all of your replies. That is exactly why I posted here- I know that you will all understand how I feel.

The clutter is not such a big deal. I can put things away in closets and I do not fear the dumpster. lol.

The main problem is cat odor. It seems to have permeated my home- because even with the litterboxes clean, there is still a strong odor. Part of the problem is that I can't smell it, myself, so I had a friend come over and give me his honest opinion and he reported that yes, it smells like a litter box in here- even with clean cat boxes. I suspect that there may be some place that one of my furry friends is "cheating," but I haven't located such a spot yet.

I bought some clumping litter (I have been using clay) so that I will be able to remove the urine more effeciently, instead of it sitting at the bottom of the box for days. This was my landlord's suggestion ,and I think it will help.

I also purchased a Febreeze air purifier for the area around the litter boxes, and also Febreeze super-strength spray for the area around the litter boxes and also to freshen up the curtains, sofa, etc.

I will be renting a rug doctor carpet cleaner next week, to get the carpets and furniture extra clean. I will use the extra-strength pet odor remover with that. I also have pet odor enzyme spray which I can use if needed.

OK, so beyond those things- does anyone else have any good strategies for removing and controlling litterbox odor?

Thank you again! Merry Christmas Eve!
Sphynx

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All posts are © their original authors.