Squalor Survivors

This forum is archived (i.e. you can read but not post), and may be used as an emergency back-up forum if the current forums are inaccessible (bookmark this page so you have it when you need it!)

Squalor Survivors can be found at: http://www.squalorsurvivors.com/ OR http://www.squalorsurvivors.org/
To email Pigpen: jo.y@slingshot.co.nz OR squalor.survivors@gmail.com.

Return to Index  

Thank you and How to deal with Cat Odor?

December 24 2006 at 4:35 PM
Anonymous  (Login MynxSphynx)

Response to Worst Fear came true today

Thanks for all of your replies. That is exactly why I posted here- I know that you will all understand how I feel.

The clutter is not such a big deal. I can put things away in closets and I do not fear the dumpster. lol.

The main problem is cat odor. It seems to have permeated my home- because even with the litterboxes clean, there is still a strong odor. Part of the problem is that I can't smell it, myself, so I had a friend come over and give me his honest opinion and he reported that yes, it smells like a litter box in here- even with clean cat boxes. I suspect that there may be some place that one of my furry friends is "cheating," but I haven't located such a spot yet.

I bought some clumping litter (I have been using clay) so that I will be able to remove the urine more effeciently, instead of it sitting at the bottom of the box for days. This was my landlord's suggestion ,and I think it will help.

I also purchased a Febreeze air purifier for the area around the litter boxes, and also Febreeze super-strength spray for the area around the litter boxes and also to freshen up the curtains, sofa, etc.

I will be renting a rug doctor carpet cleaner next week, to get the carpets and furniture extra clean. I will use the extra-strength pet odor remover with that. I also have pet odor enzyme spray which I can use if needed.

OK, so beyond those things- does anyone else have any good strategies for removing and controlling litterbox odor?

Thank you again! Merry Christmas Eve!
Sphynx

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2015 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All posts are © their original authors.