[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by East Division Fan Face-Off.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Heavy Weights Aren't 180 lbs

by Avid Blade Fan (no login)

I agree that to suggest that Shultz, at 182 lbs, is going to fill Huxley's role is a bit of a stretch because he cannot be expected to do so. There would be very few people in the dub or NHL that could pull that off, day in and day out. To suggest however that he picks his spots and only fights younger players only displays your lack of knowledge in terms of who he fought last year. Yes there were some guys who were a little younger than him, however there were certainly a number who were older and considerably larger. You mentioned his fight last year against Byers, where he received a nasty cut. You forgot to mention however his two fights against Bruce during the last two games of the regular season with the Raiders, both that were highly spirited battles by all accounts. You sound from your post like someone who is perhaps a little jealous of the respect he is garnering in and around the league. Perhaps an old player with whom he competed against, who couldn't take it to the next level? Shultz is the type of player who opposing players love to hate, but an individual whom his own teamates and fans just simply admire. As an avid Blade fan who tries to watch as many games as possible, I do not expect him to be a Huxley, or McNeil, ect., I just expect him to play hard game in and game out with the same intensity that has caused so many fans to cheer him on. Go Blades Go!

Posted on Sep 9, 2003, 6:32 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Previous Post Makes It Sound. Shin Pad, Sep 9, 2003, 8:11 PM
    1. I should have worded my last post.... Proud to be a Canadian, Sep 9, 2003, 9:52 PM
      1. Good Comments Everyone nm. Avid Blade Fan, Sep 9, 2003, 10:09 PM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement