Please Help

by Daniel White (Login Daniel-w)

Hi There everyone,
I'm Dan from Australia but living in England at the moment so don't let the email address throw you. I have come accross this web site by mistake but would like some help with something that has been driving me nuts for years. My Grandmother is Naomi Cook (Maiden name) Her father was Frank Cook the chauffeur for the governor of Australia when the Sydney Harbour Bridge was built(I think the Governor's name was Lord Stone something, He drove the govenor across the bridge when it was compleated). Frank Cook was an aircraft engineer from England who was given permission to be the top man for Rolls Royce in Austalia. He is supposedly related to Cptn James Cook. My Grandmother grew up in the grounds of government house in Melbourne. They lived in a cottage that still stands to this day behind the huge building, I know this because when i was a boy she took me there and knew some of the groundkeepers which let us into places the regular public can't go.

Anyhow my grandmother says that we are Captain Cooks decendants, I got teased at school for saying this and would like to know if you can help me sort out this info for substance or where I can find more info. Do these names ring a bell to anyone? Thanks for your time,
Looking forward to hearing from you. Daniel White.

Posted on Jul 13, 2007, 1:23 PM
from IP address 78.145.13.182

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on World HistoryCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement