Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • please help with neuromancer gamesave...
    • sebedoaq
      Posted Dec 11, 2002 9:48 PM

Hi! I am trying to create a blank formatted .adf disk that the game Neuromancer will accept as its save disk. I've tried every different name I can think of to use (GameSave, savegame, SAVEGAME, neurosave, Savegame, ect.)when I format a disk, but nothing seems to work. I'm using workbench 3.1 to format and name the disk. I've done this for similar games (pool of radiance) and it eneded up working (after i named it poolsave!).

I have tried downloading several blank .adf's that some sites have claimed to work as a neuromancer save (BTTR, ect.) but they didnt work either. The game just says "wrong disk" [continue]. I have workbench 1.3, but I am unable to format disks using the copy that is currently floating around (it says not a dos disk or something like that). In other words I only have the workbench 1.3 boot disk.

I am using winuae 8.6 (it seems the most stable) the game runs great, but i need to be able to save it to play it. I've downloaded the later versions of winuae (8.21 ect) because of the save state option, but these later versions have so many different options on configuration that I can't get the game to even work with them (especially the sound). Any help from some people that know what they're talking about would be much appreciated!I basically need either the proper filename to use or some other solution.Thank you.

Sebedoaq
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)