<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

thanks darren for your help, could i ask you....

May 25 2007 at 1:05 PM
yvonne malloy 
from IP address 84.13.156.30

hi darren,

thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction, i managed to download it but can't open it. i downloaded winuae but it still won't work. when i try to run winuae it says i need a system roms or something. i'm quite a beginner on the pc and not too sure of what i'm doing is there any way you could email me some more help please.

i'm from sunny scotland, so we're neighbours then. well its nice to "meet" you Darren

thanks again
yvonne

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
CPC464

Amiga Emulation for Beginners

May 25 2007, 3:05 PM 

Your prioblem is that you are probably trying to launch WinUAE without any Kickstart.ROM files

These are REQUIRED by the emulator to run

as they are Still (c) Amiga Inc then they are not legal to distribute ...However a simple GOOGLE search for KICKSTART.ROM FILES should solve the problem

CPC464 - Webmaster @ Amiga Emulation for Beginners

http://cpc464.back2roots.org

Respond to this message   
Darren Doyle

Re: thanks darren for your help, could i ask you....

May 28 2007, 1:25 AM 

The file I uploaded was a "Zip" file theses are very common type of compressed file so it's not as big as the original file size of the game ..but WinUAE supports "Zip" format..so all you need in the "kickstart roms" Theses are are the e.g. the bios of the Amiga's of the day...as the Amiga grew in computer power so did the Kickstart rom or OS "operating System"...the best thing is to Google it...as theses "Kickstarts" are copyrighted and are not freely distributed...but google will find them for you...and all you you need to do is copy them into the "C:\Program Files\WinUAE\Configurations\Hardware" folder and you should finally see Fruit Mania play in all it glory...

well I hope this helps and explains a bit about how things work in WinUAE ...

All the best..Darren...

BTW I was just over in Scotland no more than 3 days ago in Gretna Green....strange world ehh?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement