Return to Index  

standards

February 26 2003 at 8:23 PM
cdadbr  (Login cdadbr)
from IP address 205.188.209.134

Response to Non consensual sex?

Non-consensual sex used to be rape, only if the parties were not married, as it was the "wifely duty" to be ready when the husband was. Not that way any more . . .

I won't go into the non-verbal cues which allegedly mean something either.

Indiscriminate sex is something that most "studly" straight guys think they are always ready for, regardless (or so they like to say). They use that yardstick to determine that gay guys are always wanting to screw something (hence the "drop the soap" jokes, I suspect). Even though we all might think we are ready for sex when and where ever it might present itself, I highly suspect that readiness is one thing, but actually following through with a partner that is marginal (or worse) can cause more bad memories than going without.

That can lead to the much bemoaned "anonymous" sex that gay guys might engage in at various venues. That's where you meet someone that's hot and willing and "have fun" for a while. When it's over, you might have made a new friend and get a phone number or the stranger will depart to his home location in parts unknown. A one time deal that both partners enjoyed. Possibly similar in concept to a straight guy going to a brothel.

I suspect we all have our standards or scrupples about who we couple with for sex or partners, just some are more picky about them than others. In some cases, many will tend to compromise their standards in certain situations--for better or worse.

Just some thoughts . . .
cdadbr

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement