Return to Index  

College Dorm Life

October 1 2013 at 10:27 AM
Curt  (no login)
from IP address 165.91.111.247

Response to College Dorm Rules

I thought I went to one of the most conservative Christian colleges here in Texas. My freshman year I lived in a dorm on the third floor. Dorms were gender segregated. In fact, females weren't allowed anywhere in the dorm except the lobby and the dining hall. We had gang showers: a big room with a dozen shower heads on the walls. The first couple of weeks of the semester, you can tell everyone was getting used to living in a dorm and getting to know each other. My roommate was so uptight. Although he never said anything, I can tell me sleeping in my underwear made him uncomfortable. He slept in pajamas, actual pajamas.....at 18 years old.

After the first couple of weeks, it was very common to see guys walking the halls in their underwear. Go into different dorm rooms to talk and visit with other guys. And eventually, it was pretty common to see guys walking down the hall to the showers completely naked carrying their towel. (My roommate wore a robe to the showers.) I wasn't one of the first to do it, but I did get where I would strip down in my dorm room, throw the towel over my shoulder, and walk down to the showers. It really didn't make any since to take clothes down to the gang-shower room because there weren't any benches to place things and very few hooks on the walls to hang things.

Parts of dorm life I remember fondly, but I don't want to do that again!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: College Dorm Life - Lew Troop on Oct 11, 2013
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement