<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Nude Family Bed

January 22 2003 at 1:10 AM
RandyD  (no login)
from IP address 207.30.240.110

I was talking to a guy at work who told me that when he was growing up in Okla his whole family slept together in one big bed from the time a kid was a baby to they were 7 or 8 years old. Even more incredible- none of them wore clothes so they were all right bare-skin to bare-skin! He said that it was a old family tradition in that part of the country and was suppose to promote family 'bonding'. And no, he insisted that there was no sex or kinky stuff happening. This sounded so crazy I though he had to be putting me on- but now that I've gotten to know him better, I think he was telling the truth. I must admit, the idea is rather fascinating to me. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jeffrey
(no login)

Re: Nude Family Bed

January 22 2003, 8:20 AM 

I knew a family several years ago in Toronto (relevant only because it has hot, hot summers) that had only 1 air-conditioned room in their home: the parents' bedroom. Often, the family - mother, father, and 2 sons - would sleep nude in the parental bed in summer. The mother was a good friend of mine and confessed to liking sleeping amongst all those exposed cocks. However, they did it to sleep better, not because it was a family tradition. She had raised her sons to feel good about their bodies, and the entire family was frequently nude entire summer days.

Respond to this message   
DALE.
(no login)

We didn't do that , but we...

January 22 2003, 8:27 AM 

When I grew up with parents and grandparents on my mother's side we would all take the traditional Finnish sauna (bath) together. The fathers never came in with us, but all the kids and moms would be naked together until we were maybe ten or so.

My son who is 25 and now my son-in-law while his wife is in the military, come to the sauna (traditional, wood fired stove and not electric) with me naked. When my son tells people about that they are shocked that he would be naked with his father and or brother-in-law together.

We think nothing of it, and in fact I have invited our male chiropractor and others over and it is very relaxing, and bonding. None have complained and said they enjoyed it.

Respond to this message   
Cool beans boi
(no login)

Not quite the same but...

January 22 2003, 8:29 AM 

Sometimes on Sunday mornings my parents and I hang out in their king size bed and read the NY times together. It is a relaxing time just chatting, reading and sharing bagels.

Chris

Respond to this message   
Dave P.
(no login)

Family bed

January 22 2003, 11:15 AM 

If you research "family bed" on the net you will find that a lot of people believe in this. It seems to be an old idea that is getting popular again.

Respond to this message   
Bobby F.
(no login)

Naked in front of Mom

January 22 2003, 2:51 PM 

I don't mind my mom catching me swimming naked in the pool (see earlier posts), but I won't be sleeping naked in the same bed with her. YUCK!!!

Respond to this message   
CW
(no login)

Naked in front of Mom

January 22 2003, 9:07 PM 

Bobby, Family bed isn't about sleeping with your Mom, it's about spending time with your family. I don't understand why you would be cool with your Mom seeing you naked at the pool, but not in bed.

Respond to this message   
Bobby F.
(no login)

To Claify...

January 22 2003, 10:35 PM 

One of the above posts mentioned a family that slept in the same bed together with no clothes on. That's not my cup of tea...but swimming nude in my backyard pool is something I do all the time during the summer and it's no big deal if my mom comes home and finds me and my friend Damon naked out at the pool.

Respond to this message   
J
(no login)

Naked in front of Mom

January 22 2003, 9:28 PM 

Bobby F,I think people are too uptight about their bodies. Guys should to be able to take their clothes
in front of their Mom's just like their sisters do without feeling embarrassed. It shouldn't matter if the guy is hard or soft, he should be able to take off his pants or shorts and feel good about himself.

Respond to this message   
Bobby F.
(no login)

Yes...

January 22 2003, 10:05 PM 

J, I couldn't agree more. I am totally comfortable with my body -- in or out of clothes. I'm just not interested in doing the family bed thing, that's all...unless my bud Damon is naked with me.

Respond to this message   
J
(no login)

Re: Yes...

January 23 2003, 12:32 AM 

Bobby, It sound to me like your friend is part of your family.

Respond to this message   
Dave P.
(no login)

Nude is not lewd

January 22 2003, 8:02 PM 

Why in this country is nudity always linked with sex? Nude is just not having clothes on. You can sleep nude with a person without sex being envoled.

Respond to this message   
Andy
(no login)

Nudity is NOT lewd

January 23 2003, 10:35 AM 

I agree 100%. Nudity is not lewd. Many people here in America seem to make that connection (wrongly)...
we need to have a more open mind and realize that casual nudity IS NOT immoral, or have to lead to sex.

Respond to this message   
cdadbr
(Login cdadbr)

"sleeping with"

January 23 2003, 8:51 PM 

A mixed couple who sleeps together is usually associated with "doing it" whether "it" was done or not, or even if they were sleeping nude or not. The various "sleeping" activities usually meant that sex did happen between the two parties, especially unmarried participants--like how can you NOT do "it" if you're in bed together??

If a younger female "slept around" it could have mixed connotations depending on who was involved. If a guy "slept around" it usually meant good things about him.

That's how it was in the more conservative times prior to the '80s (when clothes were tighter fitting and sex was "dirty" and the air was becoming more "dirty" too). There's probably some more current lingo for these things now, I suspect.

Enjoy!
cdadbr

Respond to this message   
Jeffrey
(no login)

Re: "sleeping with"

January 23 2003, 9:29 PM 

Not only is nudity not lewd, but sex isn't either.

BTW, I've slept with dozens and dozens of people with whom I didn't have sex. In addition to my parents (same room anyway; usually not same bed) and my children, the list includes all kinds of friends and acquaintances, especially as a university student on a budget, which I was for 9 years. 2 double beds in a hotel or motel easily sleep 4. That's not to say I didn't have a boner the whole night or didn't get up to whack off, but we didn't have sex, and the context was non-sexual.

Respond to this message   
Nat
(no login)

Silly euphemisms

January 23 2003, 10:27 PM 

We bashful Americans are full of euphemisms for body functions.
We don't go to the 'toilet'- we go to the 'bathroom'- or if in pubic- to the 'restroom'.

And as noted- you can sleep with someone without having sex, and you can have sex without sleeping with them- so to use sleep as a synonym for sex makes no sense at all.

Why can't we just say what we mean?

Respond to this message   
Running Bear
(no login)

Semantics

January 24 2003, 11:47 AM 

We do say what we mean. Our cultural environment has given rise to a certain set of expectations when we use symbols such as "sleeping with" and we react accordingly.

Respond to this message   
Nat
(no login)

Re: Semantics

January 24 2003, 2:32 PM 

So according to you, if my daughter is spending the night at a friend's house and will be "sleeping with" her friend, I am to infer they are having sex?

Respond to this message   
cdadbr
(Login cdadbr)

sleeping with . . .

January 24 2003, 3:42 PM 

That phrase was usually saved for mixed gender couples.

Respond to this message   
Nat
(no login)

Word-games

January 24 2003, 7:23 PM 

Can't we just say what we mean instead of playing word-games?

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement