<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Son sleeping nude

February 9 2013 at 10:10 AM
Dave  (no login)
from IP address 176.254.126.215

I have always slept nude since I was 10 years old and am 32 now so been doing it a while and never wear anything to bed! My eldest son is 8 (We have four boys 8,6,4 and 13 months) and yesterday over breakfast my wife asked Jake where his pajamas were so she could do the washing. Jake said he didn't wear pajamas anymore. My wife asked "Why" and he said "I don't like them". So my wife asked what he was wearing and he said "nothing like dad". My wife seems to think he is too young to sleep nude but I don't see the problem.

Have any other dads had their sons say they are sleeping nude too cos of dad. what age did they start and how did you find out? Did you own dad sleep nude? Mine did and I think that was why i starts as I thought it was what guys did!

I wonder if the next stage is I will send up ith him freballing to be like me! or all four boys migth in the future! My wife ill faint ha ha!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Re: Son sleeping nude

February 9 2013, 1:01 PM 

Dave, my wife and I were products of the 1960s hippie culture who consider clothing optional and since we lived in south Florida where its warm(hot) most of the time when kids came along we continue our clothing optional lifestyle. This was a great convenience since the kids were in and out of the pool constantly and to fool with wet bathing suits would have been a true pain. Skin drys quick and never mildews. Needless to say the kids soon adopted our clothesfree sleeping habit as well as soon as they were old enough to choose what they wanted to wear- or not wear.

If you are interested in further discussions of nude sleeping- you may be interested in this forum- http://w11.zetaboards.com/Nude_Sleepers_Forum/forum/3261796

. . . . .

Respond to this message   
Thanks Nat
(no login)

February 10 2013, 6:06 AM 

I joined the other forum you mentioned.

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

February 10 2013, 6:17 AM 

Sorry not used to this forum and added your name field as "thanks nat" and not the title!

Dave

Respond to this message   
Toby
(Login to2001by)

February 10 2013, 12:01 PM 

In my opinion, as he's mature enough make such a decision for himself, and especially as he was so positive about it when questioned, i'd say he is DEFINITELY old enough to sleep naked.

Respond to this message   

(Login relover89)

Agree

February 11 2013, 7:58 PM 

I agree with the other posters

and if he doesnt wet the bed....wipes well after using the bathroom....and has good hygiene

and also can make his own decisions and wants to copy his dad then why not.....

even more so if hes comfortable....

if you arent comfortable while sleeping then you wont be awake the next day....

I didnt start sleeping naked until I was 16, even more congratulations on him starting to sleep nude at SUCH a young age

I would just suggest him wear boxer shorts or gym shorts when he has to share a bed or a room with someone when sleeping...

and good luck on getting them into freeballing too....

Underwear???Where????
Bye Now

Nathan is LOVING the warmth and comfort of swinging freely under athletic pants....

Freeballing Nate

Respond to this message   
Alex
(no login)

Never too young!

February 14 2013, 5:05 AM 

I don't think you're ever "too young" to start sleeping nude. Once a kid is reliably dry at night, appreciates that if they are nude in bed then they need to be capable of keeping the covers on to stay warm, and have PJs or something readily available if they are cold, then there really isn't any reason why they should not sleep nude if they want.

I was about six when I started, and my brother was even younger. We had a bit of a heatwave, and mum and dad decided that as the nights were hot, we would all be more comfortable without PJs for a few nights. The "few nights" turned into a few weeks, then months, and mum and dad never mentioned PJs again, except to ask whether we wanted new ones at Christmas - we didn't, and pretty soon mum parcelled up all of our old ones, and hers and dad's, and sent them to the charity shop. That was more than thirty years ago, and I haven't worn anything in bed since.

Respond to this message   
ray
(no login)

Re: Never too young!

February 19 2013, 3:59 PM 

to all the nude sleepers
I am new to this - but absolutely love it!
It's hard to get comfortable when stuff is pinching you down there - or worse
riding up - and I find I get less colds doing this
also they've proven you can lose some weight sleeping nude
it's just plain healthier !

Respond to this message   

(no login)

very cool

May 8 2013, 8:57 AM 

i think it s kinda hot in a nice way, that there is no judgement here..

Respond to this message   
BlueTrain
(Login BlueTrain)

Re: Never too young!

May 10 2013, 10:22 AM 

If that's true about losing weight by sleeping nude, then I must not be getting enough sleep. It's possible that what I eat has something to do with my weight but I can't be certain. But there's no one feeding me, so I can't fault anyone else for what I eat.

It's probably true that sleeping nude and being nude as much as you can get away with will make you healthier. It should make you hardier. My expression for those who spend all their time in a climate controlled environment, even to include their car, is "hot house people." The mother of a close friend of mine when I was little claimed that a good sun tan in the summer would keep you from catching a cold in the winter. I could never really verify that first hand because redheads simply do not tan. We just sort of freckle up and that's about it.

Oddly enough, the hair on my head turned brown eventually, because as my aunt claimed, of all the "stuff" I put on it (this was in the 1950s, remember). Now it's gray. But most of my body hair is still red (if it isn't gray). Of course, I never put "stuff" on my body hair.

Respond to this message   

(Login nuud)

NUDIST FAMILY, TOO

March 6 2013, 8:37 AM 

IT'S GREAT TO BE ABLE TO STAY YOU HAVE NEVR WORN CLOTHING ESPECIALLY TO BED AT HOME FOR 30 YEARS. IT IS ADDICTIVE AND ONCE YOU SLEEP NUDE NO GOING BACK ~ THATS FOR SURE. I WILL NEVER WER A STITCH OF CLOTHING IN ANY SITUATION. I CRAVE IT AS DO MY NUDIST DAD, GRANDPA AND TWO NUDIST BROTHERS. AND MOM!

NUUD

Respond to this message   
Danny
(no login)

Lucky

May 13 2013, 4:38 PM 

Ur lucky, I wish my family was nudist

Respond to this message   
Dave
(no login)

Still sleeping naked

February 23 2013, 7:31 AM 

Well we have had some very cold weather here but Jake slept naked everynight so looks like he is a confirmed nude sleeper like his old man!

Respond to this message   
ray
(no login)

to Dave

February 23 2013, 11:20 AM 

it's the only way to go - I hoope he will continue to -
if he will he will grow to be all the better for it. Research has shown that
there are many health benefits of doing it - you get less colds for one thing, and they have proven boys who are allowed to freeball grow to be
larger where it counts.

Respond to this message   

(Login TubaDawg)

Hello ray!

February 23 2013, 1:07 PM 

Thanks for posting. I would like to invite you to join the folks at the Nude Sleeper's Forum: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Nude_Sleepers_Forum

It's still relatively new and I believe you would enjoy posting there too.

Bob (in USA)

Respond to this message   
ray
(no login)

to Bob

February 23 2013, 5:43 PM 

Thanks !

Respond to this message   

(Login nuud)

LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

March 6 2013, 8:21 AM 

HEY, YOU GUYS ENJOY YOURSELVES NUDE SLEEPING AND NUDE AT HOME. BEING RAISED NUDIST AND 3RD GENERATION NUDIST. I SLEPT NEKKID WITH MY DAD @HOME AND WHILE CAMPING SLEEPING IN THE SAME SLEEPING BAG. IT'S ONLY NATURAL. KEEP IT AS NUDE AS POSSIBLE FOR YOU BOTH.

NUUD

Respond to this message   
Bobby
(Login BobbyGayBoi)

March 1 2013, 3:57 PM 

My husband started sleeping naked when he was able to not wear diapers. I started after I met him when we were both 9. He wore my PJs the first night we slept together and I wore nothing. We both agreed nothing was best. He had never wore anything before and I never wore anything since.

Hugz
Bobby

--
Hugz,
Bobby

Respond to this message   

(Login nuud)

MY DAD & GRANDPA SLEPT COMPLETELY BARE-ASSED NAKED

March 6 2013, 8:30 AM 

RAISED NUDIST I NEVER SAW ANYONE IN THE MALE SIDE (OR FEMALE SIDE0 WEAR ANY CLOTHING TO BED).

HECK I COULDN'T SLEEP A WINK IF I WASN'T COMPLETELY NEKKID. I STARTED SLEEPING NEKKID RIGHT OUT OF DIAPERS. HAVE NEVER WORN A STITCH -I'M JUST LIKE MY NUDIST GRADPA AND MY NUDIST DADDY ~ IN RUNS IN OUR NUDIST FAMILY. I AM 3RD GENERATION NUDIST FAMILY..WISH YOU COULD ALL HAVE GROWN UP NUDIST. ITS EXCITING AND FEELS WONDERFUL TO BE ASOPEN AS OUR FAMILY IS.

NUUD

Respond to this message   
Anon
(no login)

Re: MY DAD & GRANDPA SLEPT COMPLETELY BARE-ASSED NAKED

March 6 2013, 1:39 PM 

Welcome to the group, but . . .

please don't shout - i.e. write everything in BLOCK CAPITALS.

Respond to this message   

(Login 2BNUUD)

Block Letters/ All Caps!!!

March 17 2013, 1:54 PM 

My nudist daddy likes to read my posts and so I have the habit of block letters so he can read them more easily. Eyes aren't as good as they were especially for 'puter reading (heck he doesn't even type so I type some stuff up for him (in CAPS).

But, I apologize to you who feel I am shouting. I know the rule.
It won't happen again.
I can read all the posts to my nudist daddy from now on.

Very sorry. please forgive

NUUD/2BNUUD

Respond to this message   

(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Re: Block Letters/ All Caps!!!

March 17 2013, 2:53 PM 

There are ways with most computers (often "Control-+") to make text as big as you want.

. . . . .

Respond to this message   

(Login johnnie58_2008)

Son sleeping nude.

March 7 2013, 7:38 PM 

Regarding your boys.I started to full time free ball at 7 1/2 and always hated the fact that I wore underwear from nappy stage to 7 1/2.I don't know if you have ever asked them if they would like to try it.
They may like to try it,would be my guess.I never did like the idea of other kids seeing what underwear I wore.I was teased at first but the novelty of that wore off fairly quickly and some of the kids realised that it felt real good to go without.62 years without wearing u/w now.
Jtab.

Respond to this message   

(Login norcalmike)

Be smart!

March 7 2013, 8:57 PM 

More power to any parent who lets his kid, either flavor, know he/she can make a clothing choice at any time and it's perfectly OK. Kids want to try things, including free balling and sleeping nude, and should be allowed to with no fear of being caught and criticized. That kind of open acceptance will help the coming generation be more relaxed about it. And we need it.

I didn't have the luxury of being able to try those things, except in secret, until I left home after college. Boy! Do I wish I had what I missed. To any parent with kids at home, please don't deprive them of freedom to experiment with clothing (with in reasonable limits, of course)!

Respond to this message   
BlueTrain
(Login BlueTrain)

May 8 2013, 12:44 PM 

Once our children were old enough to sleep all night in their beds (and out of diapers), whatever they wore to bed was their business. Just getting them to sleep all night in their own beds was something of an achievement, though we never had any kind of problem, practical, physchological or otherwise, with them sharing our bed. Likewise, later on, whatever they wore was also pretty much their business, too. But at our house, kids dressed like kids, not like little adults. There was never any of this business of wanting to be just like mommy or daddy. I didn't either when I was little.

However, I should add at this point that my father once mentioned that when he was a boy (how old, he didn't specify), his usual form of dress, at least in the summer time, was just a pair of bib overalls--and nothing else. I imagine that was standard farm boy attire back then (which would have been in the 1920s). Well, I've never owned a pair of bib overalls. But by the time I came along, he wasn't wearing things like that and he wasn't a farm boy any longer.

I also remember that my son used to wear blue denim shorts of the sort you could get at Sears. That was probably when he was in grade school and middle school. One day he tossed them all out. He got too old to be seen wearing something like that, I suppose, although I think he still wears shorts now and then of the cargo variety but I'm not certain.

My daughter, on the other hand, might have one pair of shorts. She is a relatively modest dresser. How that happened, I haven't a clue.

Respond to this message   
Jenn
(no login)

Sons, Sleep, and Overalls

May 11 2013, 12:17 PM 

Well, it's no big secret by now that both my boys sleep nude - and it doesn't seem to have caused any permanent damage lol. I admit to it being a bit awkward at first, but I got used to it.

Originally, I was not a fan of them going commando to school or church (when we go), but have loosened up on that a bit as well.

As for overalls, I mentioned a while back that they seem to have become a bit of a fad around here - and both boys wear them (typically) with nothing else - shoes, socks, shirt...or underwear. Like I said (here? somewhere else?) I think it's a throwback look and kinda cute - reminds me of the "O Brother Where Art Thou" days.

It's like the old saying, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Or keep something long enough and it will be in fashion again.

Respond to this message   

(Login Freeballing_Ben)

I Still Dress That Way, Sometimes!

May 12 2013, 1:26 PM 

This brings back memories! I have old black & white photos of me in the 1960's as a little boy wearing overalls and no underwear! You can tell I'm freeballing 'cause of the camera angle and my side buttons are undone.

lol... I still wear bibs sometimes in the Spring and Fall as I work around my house and yard!

Respond to this message   

(Login relover89)

Re: I Still Dress That Way, Sometimes!

May 12 2013, 5:05 PM 

I'd like to see those pics just to see how adorable you look but also to laugh at how happy you were swinging freely under those overalls......a hidden happiness in a way....

Underwear???Where????
Bye Now

Nathan is LOVING the warmth and comfort of swinging freely under athletic pants....

Freeballing Nate

Respond to this message   

(Login Freeballing_Ben)

The Streakers

May 12 2013, 7:56 PM 

lol... Not so hidden sometimes, too! My Mother said she had the hardest time with us boys wanting to run around naked. We had a creek behind our house so on hot Summer days us boys would go skinny-dipping in there. The thing was that we didn't want to put our clothes back on once we took them off. My Sisters hated this. They called us "the streakers" after the Ray Stevens song "The Streak".

Respond to this message   

(Login Freeballing_Ben)

We Want To Be Like Dad!

May 11 2013, 8:22 PM 

This all seems perfectly normal to me! I was the youngest of five children: three boys and two girls. All three of us boys started sleeping naked and freeballing pretty young, just like our Dad did. Of course our sisters thought this was "gross".

Maybe it's just because of the rural environment I grew up in (West Virginia), but a lot of my childhood friends also freeballed and slept naked.

Respond to this message   
BlueTrain
(Login BlueTrain)

Re: We Want To Be Like Dad!

May 12 2013, 4:57 PM 

I'm also from West Virginia but I've been in Northern Virginia since about 1973. My father, however, was from southwestern Virginia, about 75 miles from where I grew up.

Respond to this message   

(Login Freeballing_Ben)

Howdy!

May 12 2013, 7:12 PM 

Nice to meet ya! I was born and raised near the little town of Mannington (WV) that's about 35 miles southwest of Morgantown. My Daddy was a coal miner so we were a very poor family. I made my escape from poverty by joining the Navy right out of high school and then finishing my degree at UNC. Now, I'm counting down the years till retirement here in North Carolina!

Respond to this message   
Ray
(no login)

to ben: re howdy

May 12 2013, 8:07 PM 

Ben, What town were you raised in - if I may -?
I know that area really well as my neice still lives in Monongah
(Traction Park) - even though we live in VA - 5hrs away..I consider it home
even though I was born & raised here in VA

Respond to this message   

(Login Freeballing_Ben)

Mannington, WV

May 13 2013, 8:32 AM 

We lived about five miles from Mannington, WV. Mannington is about 35 miles southwest of Morgantown. I haven't been back there in a really long time. My Grandparents, Parents, and one Sister are buried there. The rest of my family all moved away for college and to find work. As much as I loved my Dad, I didn't want to end up in the coal mines like him.

Respond to this message   

(Login BlueTrain)

Re: Howdy!

May 13 2013, 7:23 AM 

I graduated from WVU in 1971 and so lived in Morgantown for several years, though I'm from the other end of the state (Mercer County). While I was in school I had a 4x4 and I explored every back road and strip mine within 50 miles of Morgantown. I haven't had nearly as much fun since then.

Respond to this message   

(Login norcalmike)

Why not?

May 13 2013, 9:22 AM 

Hey, BlueTrain!

You've got a lot of wisdom - we've seen it here. So, why NOT go back to those places and ways of 45-50 years ago? 4x4's are a lot more sophisticated now, but there still are back roads and old villages, so go see 'em.

Nothing says you can't adopt that neat motto: "I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up."
Surely you haven't forgotten how to be carefree and have fun?

Respond to this message   
BlueTrain
(Login BlueTrain)

You can't go back

May 13 2013, 12:30 PM 

Some places aren't even there anymore. But the main reason is that those places now seem too far away and the gas is too expensive. Another is that some places are now blocked off. No more roaming around strip mines. But that reminds me!

The absolutely best place I know of for getting away is along the New River in West Virginia just north (downstream) from Glyn Lynn, where US 460 crosses the river. More specifically, it is within the Bluestone Hunting and Fishing Preserve, part of which is Crump's Bottom, for those of who know the area. It's probably five or ten miles from Glyn Lynn. There is a road that runs alongside the river and the road dates from before 1800 when the first settlers entered the area. Some of my ancestors were among them. None of the road is paved and some of it is very rough and nearly impassible to an ordinary car.

The first time I visited that area after I got a set of wheels, it was open and you could drive over the old road, although the old bridges were gone. The next time I was there, the road had been graded and gated, probably about the time it was made a preserve. Then the next time it was still gated but overgrown and impassible in places but still a great place for hiking. It was fairly level the entire way and also had a good view of the river. I was able to hike nude all day long. I hope still to make another trip there and to hike without bringing anything to wear with me. I still act like a kid sometimes.

Don't all kinds like to do things like that?

Respond to this message   

(Login norcalmike)

You had it made!

May 12 2013, 5:40 PM 

You were fortunate (lucky?) to grow up openly freeballing, and having friends who did the same. Sleeping nude either is a natural outcome of free balling - or free balling grows out of sleeping nude. I don't know which way, but I sure enjoy both.

I wanted to when I was growing up - in a family and society where I couldn't. Fortunately, now I'm free - in a lot of ways - and enjoying it like the rest of you guys on this forum!

Respond to this message   

(Login Freeballing_Ben)

We Were Very Poor

May 12 2013, 7:28 PM 

It was more about economics than luck. My family was very poor and so were most all my friends. I think all my clothes were hand-me-downs from my older brothers and cousins. I think money was so tight sometimes that buying a luxury like underwear wasn't possible. But, like my Grandma would say: "You can't miss what you never had!" As kids we didn't know how desperately poor we were. My oldest brother is 12 years my senior, so he paved the way for freeballing and sleeping naked before I was born!

Respond to this message   
BlueTrain
(Login BlueTrain)

We were, too, but I didn't know it.

May 13 2013, 7:21 AM 

One's status is relative and I never felt like I lacked anything when I was growing up. I realized later that my father had "a tough row to hoe," as they say in the country. My mother was an invalid and so my fathere had to work very long hours to make ends meet. We never took vacations until after my mother died (when I was in junior high school). But all the same, we didn't live in poverty. Or not by my standards anyway. Likewise, by my own standards, I am now rich, though not by anyone else's standards (maybe some of my relatives--it's all relative). But everything could change tomorrow. Or the next day.

Respond to this message   

(Login BlueTrain)

Didn't want to be like Dad

May 13 2013, 7:32 AM 

While I loved my father and wanted to be with him as much as I could, even to the point where I went with him to work a lot in the summer (he drove a truck), I wouldn't say I wanted to be like him. He didn't encourage it, either. He wanted me to be something different. You see, my father never finished grade school.

I suppose I wanted to be like my friends. I had several close friends and I saw them all the time, too, and even visited with their parents whenever I was back home until they all passed away. I never thought about in that sense at the time and I still don't. You can have friends that are very different from yourself. You may want to be with them but you don't necessarily want to be like them. I also had other close relativies in town but while I spent a lot of time with them, some more than others, and wanted to be around them, I still wouldn't say I wanted to be like them.

Mostly I'm not like any of them. Likewise I never expected my children to be like me, although my son did go into the army the same as I did (and my father). Coincidentally, we all three took our training at Ft. Knox. But my son definately didn't want to do what I did for a living. He lives in L.A. and works in the motion picture industry.

Respond to this message   
Jack
(no login)

Nude sleeping

July 8 2013, 10:18 PM 

Hi I'm a dad with 2 sons aged 8 & 10. I have always slept nude & never changed that when we had the boys. My eldest has slept fully nude for a couple of years now. My little one only just turned 8 and about 6 weeks ago I went into his bedroom one morning to wake him up & his little pyjamas were on the floor. I asked him about it and he said he wanted to be a big boy like daddy & his older brother & sleep with no clothes. It was so cute & if he's most comfortable sleeping without his pyjamas then that's cool with me & I'm v proud daddy of 2 nude sleepers happy.gif)

Respond to this message   
juliean
(no login)

RE: sos sleeps nude

July 10 2013, 10:11 AM 

I'm single mother with a 3 and a 5 year old boys. Both of them sleep in just a t-shirt and nether of them have ever had underwear. I just started putting pants and no diapers on them when it was time for potty training.

the oldest is now about to start kindergarten and I'm undecided on if I'll get him underwear for school. Their dad never wore underwear before he died in Afghanistan so we never saw a need to buy any for the boys. Now I'm a single mother with 2 boys.

Respond to this message   

(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Some advice-

July 10 2013, 10:43 AM 

Some advice- if your son wear shorts make sure the legs are long and snug enough that the interior isn't visible he's sitting. Small kids do a lot of sitting- often on the floor with their legs at an angle other kids might see inside. It would be nice if this didn't matter but kids being kids are prone to tease over anything they think is aberrant.

And be sure to stress zipper safety. When my son was young mom only brought flyless pants and shorts that had elastic waists that were just slipped down to urinate. I don't know if these are still available but they are ideal for young freeballers.

. . . . .

Respond to this message   
juliean
(no login)

RE: some advice

July 10 2013, 3:00 PM 

They normally wear army style PT shorts with the netting cut out. Haven't had any issues pre school and day care. I live in Fayetteville NC in a military community and although many kids may not go without underwear many military dads do regularly.

Sometimes the insides show here and there but I will keep that in mind.

Respond to this message   

(Login Nafana)
Forum Owner

Very good

July 10 2013, 3:34 PM 

Ok, very good. Well kids can be cruel so I try to head off freeballing embarrassment before it happens.
But I think child freeballing may more common and accepted now.

Incidentally I use to live in Raleigh, not far from Fayetteville many years ago.

. . . . .

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Son sleeping nude
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement