Return to Index  

I can't believe this place is still here....hi Diane!

February 5 2009 at 8:16 PM
Karen  (Login Karena2)

Hi, my name is Karen, and I have come to this board off and on over the past 10 years or so!! In fact, I was part of a group of Elvis fans when Diane kindly set up this board so we could all chat.

It's nice to know it's still here.

I am very excited to learn that Elvis may be skating again...someone posted below that something was missing since he left the rink, and it is so true. I haven't been very proud of our Canadians after Elvis until Jeffrey Buttle...and our new Canadian champion reminds me very much of the "old" Elvis (i think his name is Patrick Chan?) I only caught a glimpse. Anyway, Diane, if you're out there, so am I, and thank you for keeping this board going for all these years. I finally got a new laptop, and so can finally learn some new tricks!

To those of you I don't know, I'm from Ottawa Canada, my name is Karen, and I'm one of Elvis' biggest fans, along with an illustrious group I met in 1997 or '98....we all worked together to present Elvis with a special gift after the 1998 Olympic Games, and we achieved our goal...we presented him with a Star, located in the heart of the Draqgon constellation and an accompanying plaque, a large contribution to his charity, and a professionally bound book of letters, stories and words from his fans. It took us over a year to do this online, and Diane was a major force in that project. We finally got to meet him, and were able to make our presentation to him at the Richmond Hill Gala the following year. It was a true highlight of my life!!!

Anyway, that's my story...and I do look forward to keeping in touch, and following his new chapter.
~Karen

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Figure SkatingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement