Return to Index  

Did Christine Brennan Used to Have Something Personal Against Elvis?

July 26 2010 at 11:38 AM
  (no login)

Hi-- I know this is old news-- but a writer's group I'm in has been analyzing the writing styles and techniques of opinionated reporters and Christine Brennan's old books have come up. (we're avoiding current hot button issues, to avoid distraction and focus on the writing methods, that's partly why the use of such old books)

Does anybody know if Ms. Brennan had something personal against Elvis? (Or Tara Lipinski or Michael Weiss, for that matter.) She just seemed to go out of her way to make them all sound like fools, in her books, for no real purpose. Everyone in the writer's group thought so, and most of them DON'T know skating. Since I and one other person in the group are the "skating fans" they asked us. So we said we'd ask on blogs and things. We know people sometimes don't like to dredge up past gossip, I understand, I just told my fellow writers I'd ask for opinions and thoughts. THANKS! (for whatever feedback you're comfortable with!)

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Figure SkatingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement