<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Lost friends

June 7 2002 at 10:56 PM
No score for this post
Barry "Butch" Kio  (no login)

I was at Kagnew from 9/56? to 12/59 and attended school at the then new Gen. Robt. E. Lee School for the 4th & 5th grades. Lived across street from pool/ball field. Have a sister, Jackie Diane Kio, and 2 brothers, Jeffery and Jimmy. We lived betheath Sgt Kuha(*sp), first name Allen I think. Would like to contact those who knew us then. Bless All. Send e-mail to arkieshooter@yahoo.com or snail mail to B. Kio 1455 Treasure Isle, Hot Springs, Arkansas 71913 also 5017671550

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ron Brimberry
(no login)

Kagnew Station

Score 1.0 (1 person)
June 11 2002, 4:11 PM 

Not there when you were. But lived in Asmara while my Dad was stationed in the Army there from early 1965 through mid 1967. Went to the dependents'school on post from the 7th and 8th grades. Loved it there. I noticed you live in Hot Springs. I live in Fayetteville, AR.

Anyway. good luck finding your old buddies from Kagnew Station.

Ron

barry kio
(no login)

childhood memories

No score for this post
June 12 2002, 3:47 AM 

Thanks for the response. I guess you could say that I`m trying to relive my childhood. Over the years i`ve regretted many times that I didn`t go back there to stay. For me, it was the only time, as a kid, that I got to spend father son time with my dad. I waasn`t aware of how much that time meant to me until I found this and the Kagnew Station web sites. I guess you, like me, really liked it there. Maybe we can get together and ask each other questions about what we remember from then. I`ve tried to tell my kids what it was like to live in darkest africa during the pre air-conditioned days and they think I`ve gone nuts. Thanks again for the response and if you`re ever around Hot Springs by all means give me a call. 501 767 1550.
Take Care, Butch Kio

Nickie Lum (Dahlke)
(no login)

Kagnew Station 1958-1961

Score 2.0 (1 person)
August 31 2002, 9:43 AM 

Aloha,
Off hand,I can't really say that I remember you or your siblings. (Maybe if I saw a picture. You know what they say about the mind!) But my sisters, Christine, Loreen, Lani and I were there from 1958-61. We lived right across the baseball field. As you're coming from the pool our quarters were the 2nd quarters on the left side of the road, bottom right. Right below the Grumbles family. One of my best friends was Arlene George. I was in the 4th to 6th grades there. And you're right, it was called Gen. Robt. E. Lee School. Lt. Col. Oliver Raymond and his family lived kitty-corner in the back of us. Brad and Lauren were in my class. We met up with them again, when they were stationed, here in Hawai'i, at Schofield Bks. There was a time, back then, when it was locust season and there was a guy there taking photos wanting us to run through them so there was a cloud of locust. And, of course, the boys chased the girls with them. Boy, I could just go on and on. I was hypnotized a while back and was told to go back to a happy time in my childhood. Guess where I ended up .... Yup! At Kagnew. I have a very good friend who spent a lot of time overseas with her husband and she is so jealous, because I had lived in Africa. We were so lucky. I'd love to take my kids there. What wonderful memories!
Aloha,
Nickie Dahlke

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This forum is not intended to be used for political purposes.
Those abusing this forum will be blocked from future use.