Good to hear

by Josh

I just wanted to remind you about your final roster and make sure you're still alive, but I guess that was accomplished.

As far as the All-Star game goes, the ballot for players one can vote on will be painfully created by myself. I emphasize the word painfully, because undoubtedly players who performed well are left off the ballot and subsequently the team. It's a numbers game and it happens here just as in the NHL.

As has been custom, 20 fowards (8 centers, 12 fowards), 8 defense, and 7-8 goalies make the ballot and only 4 centers, 8 wingers, 6 defense and 3 goalies make the team. We have not allowed vote in's either.

The criteria that I use are as follows...
1) NHA season performance
2) NHL performance/reputation
3) How many players from that player's respective team are already on the ballot (I strive to give every team a player on the ballot even though it's not guaranteed)

Number 2 & 3 can superseed number 1. So if there is a player who has a couple more points than another, but whose NHL performance/reputation is lower (usually significantly lower) and/or the only player's team is not represented on the ballot yet, the player with a couple less points could be added to the ballot instead.

For instance, with your team, Ignila could have a lot better chance of making the ballot over Stillman and Gomez being that the numbers are close and Iginla's NHL performance/reputation is superior.

The reason something like this ould be done is that not only is it more realistic toward the NHL, but history shows that Iginla would have a much better chance of being voted onto the team as well.

This will be re-iterated once the ballot is released, but if anyone has any comments/questions regarding the final ballot (e.g. why wasn't BLANK chosen over BLANK?) feel free to e-mail me. I'll try my best to explain my rationale.

Josh

Posted on Jan 7, 2002, 3:30 PM
from IP address 24.118.132.251

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement