NHA Message Board

Welcome to the NHA's Message Board! Here you may post articles, team news and trade announcements. League news will also be posted here.

Remember to check back often to keep up with the continuing league changes!
The NHA Homepage may be found Here.

Sky Zone Trampoline Park in Mississauga - MY BOSS SUCKS My Boss Domenic Buttiglieri is th

by Anonymous

Sky Zone Trampoline Park in Mississauga - MY BOSS SUCKS

My Boss Domenic Buttiglieri is the general manager at Mississauga Sky Zone Trampoline Centre.

Just need to tell somebody what a loser he is. He's fat and stupid. We sell fitness packages to people and he's a fat slob. His wife is fatter.

He plays video games all day. I never see him working. He stares at the young girls in the place all day. Man this guy makes me sick. I'm only 17 and I know how much of a loser this guy is.

Call the owner, Caroline and tell her that her staff hate the manager. I really hate this guy and we're losing customers because of him.

thanks for reading. i had to tell someone

Posted on Feb 19, 2012, 7:42 PM
from IP address 65.94.59.154

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

NHA?

by

Where the heck did the league go?

Posted on Feb 24, 2004, 11:31 PM
from IP address 209.226.113.178

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

EFHL LEAGUE

by

Looking to GM a team?
Looking for a great fantasy hockey league website without those gay popups?
looking for a great forum?
visit http://www.elitegrounds.net

Posted on Oct 18, 2003, 2:11 PM
from IP address 24.87.246.150

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

hello

by

nice to see you all again just checking in to see how the league is going

I am former gm...

Posted on Nov 30, 2002, 2:54 PM
from IP address 64.180.227.88

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Update from the Web Master

by

Just to update you all I'm going to be receiving the backup of the NHA Web page in the next day or 2 and will post it on the Yahoo Group for safe keeping incase my site crashes (I don't plan on it unless I don't win the cup). Also I'd like top switch over and have everyone use the Yahoo Groups message board so we can be a little more efficient. So from now on I will post all of my messages at this location

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nhahockey/

I'm working on getting the password for this from Mike so I can start administrating this as well. Here as I have mentioned we have a chat room as well so we cna hold committee meeting and make them public to the rest of the league.

Congradulations to the suggested Committee Members I accept my nomination and Think this will truly help keep the league more interesting. One thing I would Like to suggest is the nomination of a new Commissioner. I nominate Tony Cabral for his outstanding leadership and take charge attitude that we need here in the league. He stepped up and started making things happen and it looks like the league is taking a turn for the better. Anyone that agrees or maybe has another suggestion let me know and we'll VOTE which is our given Right to do. If any of you have any questions or suggestions for the site let me know and I'll concider them, there are thing I have said will not be done such as changing the logo and such. anything else will be concidered. Take care all

Brian D. Moffat

Posted on Aug 13, 2002, 12:25 PM
from IP address 198.26.120.13

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Free Agency continues...

by

Do to request, suggestion, popular demand?, and my insatiable desire to ruin all of your free agent hopes (just kidding ) I will be continuing economists like to call supply & demand!

GM's will be given until late Friday night to get any further offers they want to get in before the signing bonuses start being handed out Monday.

A note to GMs is that money isn't everything. If you don't have an open spot on your roster for a player the chances of you getting said player are lessened, despite the fact that you might have offered the best contract.

Teams that lost players via free agency or have huge bank accounts might slide behind this philosophy but in general, especially because there are few GMs bidding, I'm not going to let certain teams stack up on players (i.e. sign quality players, only to have them be 3rd or 4th liners). And the fact that you would trade players you already have, is not much of a plus.

Not only is it impractical (guys don't want reduced playing time, unless perhaps a winning atmosphere can shadow their doubts), but it creates an unbalanced league and that's not something I'm going to take part in creating. Free agency is supposed to be something to fill holes.

As such, some players will sign with teams that currently do NOT have GMs. I don't know who or with what team, but I wanted to make everyone aware of that before the time comes (after a batch or two).

Send any new offers to phillyflyer@attbi.com

Note: I still have all of the old ones so there is no need to re-send them.

And remember, if you haven't included a bit about how much the player will play (ES/PP/PK) send it along with this one. Playing time and any other reasons besides money are important to players in the NHA. Signing bonuses are too...why? Because it's a deterent to trading the player later.

Posted on Aug 13, 2002, 8:54 AM
from IP address 216.160.27.110

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks Josh

by

Thanks Josh now can I have atleast 2 of them PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Aug 13, 2002, 11:49 AM
from IP address 198.26.120.12

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

bids...

by Josh

It sorta depends on those bids. I don't recall yours (and I wouldn't comment on them if I did), but in general the bids still have to be good (despite there being other important factors).

I tend to use a combination of NHA and NHL salaries for reference so everyone should be comparing and contrasting the talent level of today's NHA UFAs with previous year's UFA signings (the key being UFA...there is always a premium for UFAs).

Obviously I can't promise anything and I can't go into specifics, but a team like yours (has openings, money, & hasn't made a splash yet) is bound to get someone. There are still quite a few players left just looking for the right bid & team and the "big winners" of the first batch aren't likely to make big headlines the rest of the way.

Posted on Aug 13, 2002, 12:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Committee's

by

I have had a lot of offers of help.
I'd like to thank all of you.

To get as much GM involment as possible I'm thinking of adding a few Committees

Player Contract Committee
Trade Committee
Ratings Committee
Prospect activation Committee
Recruitment Committee
Webmaster

Each with a 2 members (not including myself who will act as the tiebreaker)One will act as the Head, responsible for the committee Polices and adding the second member.

The reason behind this is 3 fold

1. The More Gm's involved with the league the more active they will have to be, resulting in a, hopefully,
excellent hockey atmosphere.

2. Fairness.. nuff said

3. I was not elected to take over the league, I decide to jump in and keep the NHA alive. I do not wish to make this league mine. My intention is to Make this league Our's and what better way than to involve the
GM's who have decided along with myself not to let the NHA die.

I have sent out a few requests to guy's who have made themselves available to assist me. I do not wish to snub
anyone. But the fact remains that they did offer....

I have asked the following Gm's to head these Committees

Player Contract Committee - Lee H.
Trade Committee - Stephen B.
Ratings Committee - Chris G.
Prospect activation Committee - Brad L.
Recruitment Committee - Todd B.
Webmaster - Brian M.

Tony

Posted on Aug 12, 2002, 7:35 PM
from IP address 66.185.84.70

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wow...

by Josh

Lee as the contract guy? Tony...you must really want to keep salaries down

For those who don't get the joke, Lee is a self-proclaimed cheapskate

Posted on Aug 12, 2002, 11:34 PM
from IP address 24.118.134.246

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

:-)

by

I'm a Spendthrift, Lee's a Cheapskate
Match made in Heaven....

Posted on Aug 13, 2002, 8:03 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The NHA Must not Die !

by

Look's Like the NHA is breathing it's last breath
I have offer to continued as Commish as Josh has resigned and Mike has gone AWOL.

But Alas the League Files are unavailable as Mike seems to be unreachable. And Josh does not Possess them

I am toying with the Idea of entering all the
league info manually but I am not going to undertake such a labour intensive task if their is no interest
amongst the remaining GM's to Keep the NHA Alive
Please Reply with you Vote as to whether we should strive to keep the NHA Alive Or do we Let it Die
a graceful death.

Tony Cabral

Posted on Aug 10, 2002, 10:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Live on

by

I vote to have it live on I'm also willing to take up a more extensive roll and help to take on extra duties.

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 9:49 AM
from IP address 65.32.240.238

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Lets Live

by Stephen Budgell

This is one of the better leagues around. I vote to keep it going. I will help out to keep it alive with ya too Tony. Just let me know what you need.

Come on Guys this could be it. Lets keep this league alive

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 11:37 AM
from IP address 24.102.215.229

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Stephen Budgell

by

Is this Stephen Budgell from Elmira College?

Posted on Oct 3, 2002, 4:15 PM
from IP address 204.141.114.241

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Save the NHA

by

We can't let this league die...We have a great basis...come on all of us who care for this league
can put our 2cents and rescue it...

Phoenix Gargoyles GM

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 11:46 AM
from IP address 66.130.47.220

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Where were you guys before?

by Lee Hutchison

I love the NHA as it is the best league I have been in, by far. It is fair and the teams are evenly matched (as compared to some of the leagues I have been in).

Everything in this league was going smoothly until last year when there was clearly a lack of interest by the majority of GM's. Hardly anyone was making any trades, handing in lines, or voting for the year end awards. How can you run a league when nobody seems interested.

I was at this year's draft which hardly anyone attended. It was very sad, as I think the draft is one of the more fun aspects of the league. It is a chance to meet your fellow GM's and chat about the league and other things. I realize that some of you had prior commitments and handed in a draft list, but a lot of GM's didn't, and that meant for a lot of extra work.

I love this league, but when no one seems interested, it's pretty tough to keep it going. Where were you guys earlier? Why did it take so long to realize a fantasy hockey league is a team effort?

Like I told Mike and Josh, I have been willing to help with this league since I joined, as I certainly don't want to see it die either. But we need a commitment from thirty GM's to be active, send in lines, and stay interested in the league, otherwise it's not going to work.

If you are all committed to keep this league alive and be active, I'm behind you 100%! If only a handful of you guys care, then what's the point of running a league with only ten active GM's, you might as well have just a ten team league. I realize it is going to be hard to get all thirty GM's active in league activities, but if this league is going to survive, we are going to have to try.

Lee Hutchison
GM - Winnipeg Warriors

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 1:43 PM
from IP address 142.161.0.91

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Changes

by

I am in total agreement with you Lee,

If we are to be sucsessful with this. We must Be committed to the NHA in a much more active manner than many us us have been in the past, including myself.

I am currently in-putting the NHA ratings into the FHL
program but it is proving to be very time consuming.
I have had a few GM's E-mail me with FHL database files but the ratings are not the same.

Of those e-mails, comments were made that we should just go with the new ratings( same rosters )I do not mind either way though, It may take quite some time inputing over 600 players one by one. I will post the New ratings online so the GM's could decide.

I am also in the process of find new web hosting.
I am planning on keeping the NHA alive as I have had
a positve response both on the message board and thru
e-mail.

Now, I will request some help, any GM(s) who wish to get involed with the revival of the NHA please E-mail
as there is alot of work to get done

Thanks

Tony Cabral

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 2:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I've been here all along

by Stephen Budgell

Some of us that want to help were told that help was not needed. So don't sit there and throw stones when you don't even know what your talking about.

Yes some guys did nothing this year. But some were here all year. So you should watch how you throw your words at.

S.Budgell

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 10:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ratings

by

The ratings given to me can be viewed at
http://nharosters.20m.com/

If we go with these we can be up and running agian inside the week.

If we decide to go with the Old , it may take longer
to input all the ratings

Your Call

Tony

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 4:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think I could save you some trouble...

by Josh

As opposed to re-entering the entire league, I remember that I might have files from January or abouts. One would still have to edit them a bit, but it'd save some time. I'll try to get back to you later tonight.

Also, I'll e-mail you info/advice in regards to web hosting. There are some issues you should be aware of (in regards to space needed).

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 5:23 PM
from IP address 24.118.134.11

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

January NHA files

by Josh

I checked on my old computer and do have NHA files from January. I used those to do the All-Star game. Mike did do a major re-rate during the Olympic break so the ratings could still use some work (though the current ratings could use some work too so, either way you'd have to mess with that sometime).

The advantage with these over the others, as I see it, would be predictability and more importantly the contracts are entered and most everyone is on their respective team (cuts down on the work).

I'll send the files tomorrow morning. At the least, it's an option for you.

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 10:36 PM
from IP address 24.118.133.63

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I have web space

by

I have got my webserver running the address is www.tedlilly.com I could add a folder labeled nha or see about maybe NHAhoackey.net if we can get it transfered. that way there is no monthly hosting fee and we have the freedom to what we want. Let me know I'll be happy to host the site on my computer at home.

Brian

Posted on Aug 12, 2002, 5:55 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It's a possibility

by Josh

There could be some technical advantages to that if one knows what they're doing (I'm not saying you don't, just explaining it how I see it). What OS (operating system) and webserver (Apache?) are you running on the box? If you were running Apache, you could create a virtual host and run two domain names on the same box (this probably applies to other webservers as well but my experience is with Apache).

You would also have more of a freedom to play around with php/cgi/mysql with your own box than one that's hosted. I'm not sure how familiar you are with those technologies though.

Are you online 24/7 though? What's your internet connection? Just playing devils advocate.

Posted on Aug 12, 2002, 10:45 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: It's a possibility

by

I'm usiong Windows 2000 and IIS server. Right now I'm not a CGI or Java Expert but I do know enough to be dangerous. Also you can set up 2 domains on IIS if you use host headers to resolve them, I am running my own DNs server as well and I am online 24/7 with Roadrunner and my Ip never changes even if I go ofline for a week. I see you are p[retty Savvy yourself Josh so I'm always opne to suggestions.

Brian

Posted on Aug 12, 2002, 4:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sounds like it might work

by Josh

This sounds like a pretty viable option. All one would need is a ftp account or two and the site is up and running as is. One can always worry about the improvements (cgi, etc.) later.

I can't say I advocate the willing use of Microsoft products though. I much prefer a Linux box

Posted on Aug 12, 2002, 5:39 PM
from IP address 24.118.134.246

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Sounds like it might work

by

I agree I'm a Linux fan myself but just not very savvy in the area. Someday i'll be a gooru but untill than I'll stick with the MAN lol. I'm emailing you as we speak.

Brian

Posted on Aug 12, 2002, 9:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Go with it

by NY Ravens

Hey,

Sorry, I was gone for the weekend. Keep it going! You know what, just go with these and update em slowly. The only ones that maybe should be done now are UFA's. Otherwise, just use these.

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 7:19 PM
from IP address 66.185.85.70

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Ratings

by Stephen Budgell

Go with it...If you need help let me know

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 10:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

keep it going!

by Mike Turner

!

Posted on Nov 30, 2002, 5:21 PM
from IP address 64.180.227.88

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Get to know your fellow GM's

by

Hey I have noticed a lot of new GM's out there. First off I'd like to say Welcome and lets get this season off to a great start. I'd like to do a little get to know your GM type of thing and I'll of course Start it.

Hi I'm Brian Moffat I currently live in St. Petersburg, FL and I'm engaged to Carole Bowers. I'm 26 years old and in the army I will be getting out ina few months and be getting ready to get on with a civilian life. I'm an avid sports fan and also collect lots of memorabilia and Autographs.

Hockey is by far my favorite sport. I guess I just love the constant action and flow of the game. MY first game was on April 18th 1989 I saw the Avs take on the Stars and started following Patrick Roy (no I do not want to trade for him sorry). I admired him so much that I started playing goal myself. Right now I'm just in rec leagues once in a while. Yes I have met him at trainging camp and have his Autogrpahs several time to include my prized 1993 Stanley Cup Jersey numbered 30 of 33. My favorite moment in sports woul have to be when Joe sakic Recieved the 2001 Stanley cup and before doing anything passed it to Ray Borque.

I'm also an avide computer nerd and IT professional, I have a home network to include a web server which I'm working on getting on the internet. I'm very easy to talk to and love to just chat so feel free to drop me an line anytime. Specially if it is a network or computer problem.

Brian

Posted on Aug 10, 2002, 7:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

About me...

by NY Ravens

My name is Chris Goodwin. I have been a hockey fan since the late 80's. I'm almost 20, entering my third year of university on the East Coast. My specialties are English and Political Science. I host a sports show, and write newspaper columns. I am a die hard Canadian, and a die hard Canadiens' fan. I've been involved with the NHA quite a bit since it first started ('98? I can't remember). I really hope this league keeps going, and that everyone stays involved.

Go Ravens!

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 9:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

About me...

by Winnipeg Warriors GM

My name is Lee Hutchison, I am 32 years old and I live in Winnipeg Manitoba. I work as a shipper/receiver/quality control manager for a local sportswear manufacturer (we mostly make hockey jerseys).

I have three passions in my life: autograph collecting, garage sales, and hockey! When the Winnipeg Jets moved to Phoenix, I was devastated. It was like a part of me had left and I have never been the same. I lived and died the Jets, and when I was at the final game, it was so emotional that I actually cried!

I joined the NHA about ten games into the first season. Mike had posted on a message board that the Winnipeg Warriors were available, so I jumped at the chance to get a team from my "hometown"! I was in other fantasy hockey leagues, but this one was different. The teams were more evenly matched and the corps of GM's was great. I didn't find that in the other leagues I was in. From my beginnings in this league, I fell in love with the NHA. It had everything that a fantasy league should have: trades, an entry draft, and free agency. What more could anybody want? I have enjoyed the four years that I have been in this league and I look forward to the league's future!

Lee

Posted on Aug 12, 2002, 9:54 PM
from IP address 142.161.0.91

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Storm GM resigns - effictive immediately

by Josh

It comes with my deepest regrets when I say my membership in the NHA is over. I no longer hold any relation (Commish, GM, etc.) to the league whatsoever. I am resigning for personal reasons.

Perhaps I need not explain, but I feel I owe it to most of you.

The biggest reason is probably time constraints. A year+ ago when I was in college I had all the time in the world to do something like this, but at this time in my life I really need to focus on my career (or lack thereof). The consequences of my lack of time over the past year have already become evident with the lack of site updates and GM hires I performed, leading to current state of the NHA where GM existence & participation are very low. The added responsiblities of ratings, trades and simulating games might not seem like much to most of you, but when it's added to the chores I already performed (articles, site updates, GM hires) it adds up. I barely had enough time to do those (vital) jobs last year and now I'll have less time this year.

More importantly, however, is that the league has been too much of a rollercoaster ride for me as far as its (entertainment?) value to me. I've been wanting to quit on and off ever since Bruce's departure, throughout the last half a year those thoughts have grown more frequent and the last month or so the feeling is simply too frequent to ignore (every 2-4 days). The average GM duties have become stale for me (perhaps because I'm happy with my team) and most of all the NHA has become more of a job for me than something I enjoy. That's simply not how it should be and I honestly don't see things changing in that area (even if my workload was less).

I'm sorry for leading everyone on by starting things moving with the 2002-03 season. My intentions were to take over and give it a go for one year, and see how it went, as originally I was supposed to do the simming/ratings/etc. for Mike last year, but the inability for me to upload large files (e.g. league files) foiled the plan (sorry Mike). When it came down to it, despite my efforts over the past few weeks to fool myself into thinking I was getting enough out of the league and could handle the load, I realized the only reason I was trying to continue was for most of the GMs in the NHA, especially for Mike who let me into the league (twice) despite me being green and then years later entrusted me to take it over.

The hockey league is a lot easier to quit on than the people involved (you guys). I didn't want to let you guys down (and you know who you are) as I've appreciated (and now salute) your participation, kind words in regards to my efforts, and your friendship during my time here. In the end, I admitted to myself that my sanity and career/future is more important. I hope you can all understand.

Best of luck to everyone!

That's pretty much all I have to say. If there is a "puck" left, it would be in McEwan's zone now (I'm sorry about that too, Mike).

Josh

Posted on Aug 8, 2002, 5:26 PM
from IP address 24.118.132.126

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Damn

by

Well, as the man who brought you into this league, let me be the first to say that we'll miss you man, but I don't think any of us can really criticize you for this decision. It's been fun (at times) I just wish this would've come BEFORE I started caring about my team

Anyway, good luck and hopefully I'll still see you on ICQ from time to time, someone still has to bitch over Clarkie with me.

Thanks for all the hard work,

Dan

Posted on Aug 9, 2002, 12:48 PM
from IP address 207.106.69.70

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

UFA Signings

by NY Ravens

Has anyone had any, and they just haven't been announced?

Posted on Aug 7, 2002, 6:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

2002 UFA signings "batch #1" 8/7/02

by Josh

The following is the message I sent out to the mailing list. The signings look messy posted here, but you can view them in the e-mail or the UFA link on the main page.

Greetings everyone!

The following players have signed contracts with the following teams.

Player Name Team Y Salary Signing Bonus
-----------------------------------------------------------
Brian Leetch QUE 3 5,750,000 -
Mathieu Schneider CAR 4 4,000,000 1,500,000
Jason York WIN 4 2,125,000 -
Scott Pellerin WIN 3 1,575,000 -
Luc Robitaille PIT 3 6,259,000 1,500,000
Patrick Roy QUE 4 8,750,000 -
Joe Juneau ANA 2 2,500,000 -
Sylvain Cote PIT 4 3,027,000 500,000
Igor Larionov WIN 2 2,675,000 150,000
Nelson Emerson WIN 3 1,550,000 -
Mike Modano CAR 4 8,000,000 2,000,000
Vincent Damphousse DAL 4 3,750,000 1,000,000
Pierre Turgeon PIT 3 6,200,000 1,000,000
Ed Belfour CLM 3 5,750,000 -
Jason Woolley WIN 4 2,125,000 -
Mark Recchi PHO 4 6,300,000 -
Dimitri Yushkevich N.Y 4 3,750,000 500,000
Felix Potvin MIN 4 3,500,000 500,000

Above are the players who simply got enough money to sign right away.
There are a few choice others that almost made it on thsi list but
either didn't get quite enough to be signed and/or needed more time to
ponder their options (i.e. two teams are close or there is a cascade
effect awaiting to happen as one team has a high priority on a certain
player but he has yet to sign, thus preventing the other player from
signing). These players will likely sign in the next batch.

The next announcement of players signed is scheduled to be a week from
today. You may adjust your offers to remaining free agents between now
and then (and remember, for your own benefit, DO NOT reply to this
list...make a new e-mail to phillyflyer@attbi.com ). However, remember
that these mailings are only public announcments of players having
signed. In order to have your bids be guaranteed to be seriously
considered, have them in by the end of the weekend as actual
decisions/signings will be made starting Monday night and once a player
is signed, a better bid made Tuesday cannot be considered.

Don't fret if you haven't gotten an UFA yet. As previously mentioned
new & updated offers are available for remaining UFAs. Check the
following link for an updated list of the UFAs...

http://www.nhahockey.net/ufa2002.html

If you're not sure wether to up your offer or not, consider this: Teams
who already have the "leading edge" in the signing of a UFA who then
send in a newer, higher offer, will still sign the player for the old
offer if that old offered turns out to be good enough in the end (e.g.
your initial offer for Gretzky was 10million over 4 years and another GM
offered him 9 million over 4 years, but you later decide to sweeten the
deal with a 2million dollar signing bonus. The other GM doesn't add
anything to his offer or if he does it didn't exceed 10 million and such
you end up signing Gretzky for 10 million a year without the signing
bonus added in).

Josh

Note: The website has been down for a little bit tonight and (at least
for me) is slow right now.

Posted on Aug 7, 2002, 9:52 PM
from IP address 24.118.132.126

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Fiscal Sensibility?

by

I'd just like to congratulate a few GMs for not having any concept of fiscal responsibility. Yay! Let's jack prices up because we're so desperate to win and don't know how to develop our own players! Let's try and make the NHA as little fun as it can possibly be. Let's throw over seven million dollars at a guy who scored 47 points. That's more than a million dollars for every 7 points. Wow, this is going to make the NHA so enjoyable. Congratulations guys and I hope to see you even lower in the standings than I usually am. Shame you can't put bounties on some players in this league.

Posted on Aug 8, 2002, 1:04 PM
from IP address 207.106.69.64

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Agreed

by

I happen to agree with you I mean Patrick Roy and Mike Modano's Salary's Doubled. Son't get me wrong they are both great players but not worth that much IMHO. Of course that is business, I bid on 6 UFA's and didn't sign a single one including one of my own players. I offered him 2.35 million for 4 years and than he was stollen for just under 4 million. that is 2.5 times his salary and yes he had a great year but not worth that. I'm not hurting financially but also don't want to be there. I'd like to make a suggestion of a salary cap per team. I know it may be difficult to enforce but if this keeps up and we are only making 500k to 800K per game and Roy's salary doubles every year he would be the only player you could afford. that takes quality and talent out of the game as well as the run.

Posted on Aug 8, 2002, 4:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Agreed

by Daniel T

I don't know if a salary cap will necessarily help. For example:

We have $40 million dollar salary cap (I'm just pulling the numbers out of my butt). Some GM goes out, gives Mike Modano 10 million dollars. Then he gives Patrick Roy 11 million dollars. That's 21 million dollars, give 5 million dollars to Ryan Smyth and 3 million dollars to Robert Kron. That leaves said GM 11 million dollars on 16 players. The team, of course, tanks. The GM bolts and some new guy takes over. He's left with a ****ty team, no room for flexibility (with salaries risen, no one else can take on the huge contracts) and is pretty much stuck in a bad situation.

Salary caps won't work, I think unless someone can think of something good, we're just going to have to rely on the GMs to use restraint. Please, everyone, PLEASE.

Dan T

Posted on Aug 8, 2002, 5:38 PM
from IP address 207.106.69.8

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I agree

by NY Ravens

Absolutely nuts. I gotta spend some dough now. The salaries for a few guys were crazy!

However, let's concentrate on keeping the league going first.

Posted on Aug 8, 2002, 6:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

hmmmmmm

by

I beleive Dimitri Yushkevich might not agree since his salary almost trippled.

Posted on Aug 9, 2002, 5:34 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ha

by NY Ravens

I think that's ridiculous. Dimitri Yushkevich deserve over 3 million.

Posted on Aug 9, 2002, 7:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

really?

by Josh

'Cause he's only making 2,750,000 in the NHL and no one else in the NHA besides you even offered him that much.

Posted on Aug 9, 2002, 7:22 PM
from IP address 24.118.133.149

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Damn!

by NY Ravens

I really, really need defence though

Josh, are you going to forward UFA offers to whoever takes over, or as an impartial party, are you gonna finish that off?

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 9:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not for me to decide

by Josh

I couldn't say, as it's really not my decision. I'd be willing to finish them off (at least a couple of more rounds) but that would be up to Tony.

Posted on Aug 11, 2002, 10:29 PM
from IP address 24.118.133.63

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Not for me to decide

by Stephen Budgell

Josh...are you going to stick around and just be a GM and a helping hand?
We would all like for you to stay aboard........You are part of this family

Posted on Aug 12, 2002, 6:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Moose Trade Block

by

The Moose would like to announce that Mikael Renberg and Marc Denis are now both on the trading block. If you'd like to make an offer (for both or for one) send it to dtyman@yahoo.com or contact me on ICQ.

Dan T

Posted on Aug 7, 2002, 3:33 AM
from IP address 207.106.69.1

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Retirements

by NY Ravens

From now on, are players only going to retire at the end of cotnracts, or continue retiring after they do in the NHL? From my perspective, if we continue retiring guys as soon as they leave the NHL, then it makes long-term offers pretty value-less, as I could commit to, say, Brad May at 2 million for four years, when in reality, if he will retire in a year, a 1 year, 2.3 million dollar offer is better. Since we have no way of knowing whether they are planning on retiring or not, I think making teams honour contracts to their end is a good idea.

Just my two cents. Thoughts?

Posted on Aug 5, 2002, 2:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Retirements

by

I think it adds to the interest, I lost Doug Gilmour to Retirement with 1 year left on his contract thus he ended up comming back so I got him for my year, but it helps to make the GM's do a little research to see who is starting to get up there in years and perhaps preparing for retirement. Maybe Gilmour will stay a few years. Only time will tell and I'm williing to see.

Posted on Aug 5, 2002, 5:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thunder GM info

by

I just checked and noticed that my info was not listed under GM info so I thought I would post it here.

ICQ# 3694546
E-mail: tod.sara@sk.sympatico.ca

Also I'm not sure if we use the NHA e-mail group anymore but I haven't been reciving any of them if we have?

Posted on Aug 2, 2002, 9:46 PM
from IP address 142.165.66.155

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

nhahockey@yahoogroups.com

by Josh

We haven't been using it at all lately, but we should start. From now on I'll be sending league news out there as well as posting it here.

So if anyone hasn't signed up yet please do. I'll be sending a test message out today so if you don't get an e-mail by late tonight, you're not signed up.

Info on how to sign up and to check if you are can be found on the right hand side of the NHA main page. YOu can also go here...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nhahockey/

Posted on Aug 4, 2002, 2:28 PM
from IP address 24.118.132.130

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

UFA update

by Josh

The following is the message I sent to the nhahockey@yahoogroups.com list. If you didn't recieve it, you're not signed up.

Due to a clearer schedule than earlier anticipated, it appears as though the first batch of UFA signings might come a little earlier than expected (around Wednesday or Thursday night).

After this takes place, one might have a better idea what certain players are going for and re-adjusting of offers is possible.

Just to let people know, players who do not recieve what they consider a "quality offer" will refrain from signing as long as they see fit, so that could be one reason why a certain player doesn't sign after 2-3 batches. Although other reasons can be involved as well.

Josh

Posted on Aug 4, 2002, 4:02 PM
from IP address 24.118.132.130

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

NHA Group Email

by NY Ravens

I just signed back up. It's not hard guys. Get your name up there. It makes Josh's job a lot easier.

Posted on Aug 5, 2002, 1:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

RFA update! & question for PHO (Yanick)

by

I have updated the RFA list with the status of players. Players are marked as signed (w/ contract terms), NEG (i.e. negotiatig), or UFA if their team didn't give a qualifying offer.

I've been e-mailing teams back with responses and will continue to do so but this might be a nice reference for comparison. Moreover, there could be a player your team is interested in that becomes unrestricted, who knows. Any player who does become unrestricted this way will not be added to the UFA list in the interest of saving my time.

Also, Yanick...I tried twice to send back a response to your UFA offers using the address you had in your e-mail (vlcozvil@liste.videotron.ca) to me and it got returned to me as undeliverable. Is there another addy to send to, or?

Posted on Aug 2, 2002, 6:45 PM
from IP address 24.118.134.222

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement