Back to the Ruckus!  

It was a bad combination

February 19 2004 at 8:21 AM
Squig  (Login hunta)
Forum Owner

Response to robin big snake

of things that happened.

First off i don't think there was any intent to injure. The hit was marginal - but it WAS a hit and Shea was in the danger zone a few feet from the boards.
Some have commented that they both just fell awkwardly into the boards and that is not accurate. I recorded it with a PVR and watched it in slow motion. Both players were going for the puck - Shea was there first and tipped it away. As a reaction Big Snake just finished his check - these things happen so quick there was no thinking only reacting. I'm sure if Big Snake could do it over he would have let up. Not sure how many people saw but Big Snake came out of the dressing room several times when Shea was down to see if he was ok. He was clearly in distress over the hit.

The ref was brutal - no other way to describe it. I have never seen him call a good game - never has control - kinda makes it up as he goes along.

I talked to a friend last night about Spurgeon - He is a ways away yet. Still getting head aches and balance issues.

On a positive note - looks like Randall Gelech has found his scoring touch. He is playing big and going to the net.

Go Rockets Go!!!

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This Net Ring owned by Squig
[Show me other Team Boards ]