<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Ruckus!  

just off the whl site about ferguson

January 12 2003 at 11:55 PM
dicky  (Login dicksmack)

just bad rumor or is feruson a cancer - lets hope he aint a cancer. in the games with the rockets so far, hes been less than stellar.

heres the post >>>>

you got rid of the 3 main cancers.... parker, ferguson ans maxwell, if only u could pawn jacksonian off somewhere eh, too little too late

Posted on Jan 12, 2003, 11:42 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kristi
(no login)

Grain of salt!!

January 13 2003, 6:30 AM 

I would take what is written on the white board with a grain of salt. It seems there are a lot of upset people in Lethbridge and why not write things about players who aren't there anymore.

Hopefully you will just read it and move on. Seems to me like Simon is fitting in just fine and not a problem. Do you really think Hamilton would have traded for a "cancer" with this teams chemistry? I don't think so.

Respond to this message   
gr8freak
(no login)

Nope...........

January 13 2003, 6:55 AM 

he is going to get it at this years WHL final against Red Deer, game 6 double OT to clinch the title and send us off to Quebec City!!!!

Respond to this message   
gr8freak
(no login)

This response should be to Kristi's post in string above......

January 13 2003, 6:57 AM 

sorry folks.

Respond to this message   
someone who knows
(no login)

Fergy a real deal

January 13 2003, 12:37 PM 

A comment like that holds no merrit, that is for sure. Ferguson was a favorite in Lethbridge for the past three years. Give him a couple games. The kids been on the same team for almost four years, all under the coaching of Maxwell. He's played just two games with the Rockets which has a completely different style than the Canes and has only practiced with them once. This kid has skill, I've watched him the past couple years and beleive me, he'll fit in Kelowna nicely, just let him unpack his bags.

Respond to this message   
thb
(no login)

155 penalty minutes???...

January 13 2003, 2:26 PM 

They were saying about bringing in Ferguson for some
toughness? He has had 3 fights that equals 15 pim
where does the other 140 come from??
So far what I have seen he is another Moen takes lots
of minor penalties. He has taken 6 penalties in two games. 5 of which I believe the team was shorthanded. Lets hope this is just getting used to the new systems etc.

Respond to this message   
R.M.B
(no login)

penaltys and another moen

January 13 2003, 5:20 PM 

parden me but another moen?
Lets see moen didn't get 32 points in 37 games did he?(NO).
Sure ferguson got some penaltys but at the same time he made the other teams take penaltys because of him.
And after awhile the Ref's start calling them on you to even it up as Ref's are knowing for doing that even up thing.Unless your team is just taking dumb penaltys like PG did last month.

Ferguson will get into Marc's system and when he does he will start looking better and better.
For example when we got Jesse S. last year it took him awhile before he started getting on the score board and look at the guy now(He Rocks).
So just give this kid some time and we will see what he's got and why Hamilton traded for him.

time is on our side.
still comparing him to moen.My thoughts on moen was dumb penaltys and not enough speed.but could he fight.
Sure Ferguson will not be a Jesse S..

Rockets Rule.

Respond to this message   
thb
(Login dicksmack)

I just said...

January 13 2003, 6:56 PM 

he seems to be like Moen with dumb penalties and also said I hope he is just getting used to the systems here. I am only judging on 2 games, not much to go by, lets see after 10 or so.

Respond to this message   
R.M.B.
(no login)

that sound good

January 13 2003, 7:15 PM 

ya wait 10 games or so and see how he does if he is going to work out if not Hamilton will trade him next season.
But l think he will improve in the next 3 games or so.
Marc will tell him his roll.
If he is here to become the tough guy and play hockey will we see Marc take Sunderman off the roaster and put Jacobsen on full time.

Respond to this message   
pete44
(Login dicksmack)

bottom line, he will not be one of our 20 yr old next year!!

January 13 2003, 10:33 PM 

so it really dosent matter whether he is any good this year or not. id agree with thb, that he isnt anything special. on a bad team(lethbridge) a good player, on a good team(kelwna) an at best average player.

end of story.

Respond to this message   
game watcher
(no login)

u don't know..

January 13 2003, 6:40 PM 

were you even at the games, saturday he couldn't even step on the ice without getting a penalty and vancouver was taking advantage of this, the ref was going by the guy's reputation. otherwise he looked no worse than anyone else stepping into their first games with a new team. both nights he had some quality shots on net.

Respond to this message   
thb
(Login dicksmack)

reputation..

January 13 2003, 6:58 PM 

There is a reason why he has 155 pims.......
What reputation are you talking about???

Respond to this message   
game watcher
(no login)

not saying

January 13 2003, 7:35 PM 

he doesn't deserve most of the penalties he gets, its just like alot of scrappy players the refs are quick to blow their whistle when theres alittle bit of action.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Ruckus!  
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This Net Ring owned by Squig
[Show me other Team Boards ]