<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Ruckus!  

2nd round prediction

April 2 2003 at 10:06 PM
Rocketeer  (Login Rocketeer_)

Starting in the east.

Red Deer over Medicine Hat 4-2. First game 3-1 Red Deer
Season series to Red Deer 7-0, outscoring the Hat 42-14. Medicine Hat gets here by obviously playing great hockey dispensing the Broncoís in four straight. Red Deer beat a Calgary squad who I have said all year are just good enough to lose close games. Adrenaline will only carry you for so far and I donít think Medicine Hat has enough left to beat a talent ladened team like Red Deer. Medicine Hat gave up an east worst 4.37 goals against per game, which were 54 goals more than the next worst team. On the other hand they scored the most in the east at 278 for the season. Red Deer on the other hand set a record for GA and wonít take the Hat lightly after their stunning upset over Swift Current. The last ten including regular season favours the Hat as they are 8-1-1 52GF, 31GA. Red Deer on the other hand is 7-3 30GF, 20GA. This will be a tough series, but donít look for another upset here.

Moose Jaw over Brandon 4-2. First game 4-1 Moose Jaw
Season series to Brandon 6-4, outscoring Moose Jaw 33-32.
This should be the series to watch in round two. Brandon only won four of the last ten regular season games and had a tough time dispensing the Patís. On the other hand for some reason I believe Moose Jaw is the team to watch for. Seven wins in their last ten and they know how to score and keep the puck out of their own net. A series win over a tough Saskatoon squad has got this team ready and firing. In the end grit and desire will earn Moose Jaw a trip to the finals against Red Deer. Watch for my picks then!!!

Over in the west.

Kelowna over Spokane 4-0. First game 6-1 Kelowna
Season series to Kelowna 5-0-1, outscoring Spokane 28-7.
Once again it proves that you get rewarded for finishing high in the standings. Kelowna draws yet another weak team in round two. The bonus clause for being ranked #1, and well deserved. I really donít expect Spokane to put up much of a fight as their long series with Portland surely took some toll and the reward is to play Kelowna. Not much incentive here and look for another early exit inflicted by the Rockets. These two teams have not matched up well all year with Spokane only keeping one regular season game close, which was a 1-1 tie in their fifth meeting against one another. Spokane was ranked 8th in scoring and 6th in goals against in the western conference while Kelowna was ranked #1 in both. Too much team here for Spokane to handle.

Kootenay over Seattle 4-2. First game 4-2 Kootenay
Season Series to Kootenay 2-1, outscoring Seattle 9-7.
Canít read much into those stats and will call it a draw. Seattle did not experience much of a bump against Prince George out-shooting them terribly in every game. Good thing Thompson played stellar for PG or the scores would have, and could have been much worse. This will make or break the Thunderbirds. Again, all season I have said that you could put Seattle, Kootenay and Kamloops in the same box, as I believe all three teams are of equal status. A tough defensive battle for these six games. Kootenay bouncing a stubborn Kamloops squad who finally got the playoff monkey of their back in winning their first two playoff games in four years. Kamloops has a lot of scoring power and Kootenay kept them at bay for the most part with the exception of game five in Kamloops. Playoff experience will prevail here and look for a west final Kootenay / Kelowna rematch of last year.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login cumm)

watch out for the ice pp

April 3 2003, 9:37 AM 

5 on 5 the blazers outplayed them but penalties is what killed them.

Respond to this message   
Kristi
(Login kristisimmons)

Seattle/Kootenay

April 3 2003, 8:48 PM 

I've said this before and I'll say it again.......BRENT KRAHN!! I'm not sure if people forget we have him in goal or if the jury is still out on his play.

I dare you to find one person in Seattle who isn't happy with him in goal for us.

Seattle in 6 with 2 OT games!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 2nd round prediction
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Ruckus!  
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This Net Ring owned by Squig
[Show me other Team Boards ]