<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Ruckus!  

tonight game.. if i dare talk about it

December 9 2003 at 10:04 PM
kristy  (Login kellysgirl1)

i noticed that mike card was making alot of mistakes..... rookie mistakes. its not like thw qhole team did alot better but it juss seemed that he was standing out. did anyone else notice this or any other players playing exceptionlly bad or good? and dont state the obvious and mention kelly. tonight wasnt his night

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jared
(Login Jared_Section104)

Deschamps had a good night!

December 9 2003, 10:08 PM 

No forward had a standout night except maybe bodie in the corners. But for overall team, i thought Deschamps didn't make any mistakes.

Respond to this message   
Tape2Tape
(Login Tape2Tape)

Deschamps

December 9 2003, 11:04 PM 

I'm sorry but I just don't see what is so great about Darren Deschamps... just my opinion but I don't think he's that great...just doesn't have the skill, he's fast I guess but thats about it

Respond to this message   
Jared
(Login Jared_Section104)

lol...It's a shame u havn't seen him play this year nm

December 10 2003, 3:45 PM 

nm

Respond to this message   
Tape2Tape
(Login Tape2Tape)

I have

December 11 2003, 9:16 AM 

Actually I haven't missed a home game yet, I guess I just see it differently than you, anyone else have an opinion?

Respond to this message   
Kristy
(Login kellysgirl1)

my opinion

December 11 2003, 6:41 PM 

He may not be the best dman on the ice but he is doing alot better than last year. He bumped out mike card in the top 4 so he must be doing something right. i think hes doing extremely well.

Respond to this message   
coulterswife
(Login coulterswife)

Re: tonight game.. if i dare talk about it

December 10 2003, 3:47 PM 

I think Spurgeon had a good night last night, possibly the best forward out there. I remember a great turnover he caused on the pk.
On my Christmas list: Bodie gaining weight, and the sight of Lindlof fighting to be erased from my memory.

Respond to this message   
kristy
(Login kellysgirl1)

Re: Re: tonight game.. if i dare talk about it

December 10 2003, 5:45 PM 

what was with the dancing? ive never seen i worse fight in my life. I hope i will never see that again.
I have no clue what was with kelly? 3 goals in 6 shots? thats going to drop his stats. aw well. they're goign to go and kick some prairie butt. They need to make up for that game. Everyone deserves a bad game, and they all used that excuse up.

Respond to this message   
Rockette04
(Login Rockette04)

My Thoughts

December 10 2003, 4:05 PM 

None of the Rockets Did Well Last Game. Coogs totally deserved the W. (Shea Weber, 3rd Star? Why?) None of the Rockets put out the effort they needed to but it was a chance for some other guys to step up which I think happened.
Players who Played OK: Spurgeon, Bodie, Card, Gorges, Comeau, Yeomans, Mosienko, Palin, Paddock.

But again, none of the players played to their potential. (Yeomans did exceptionally well, considering they were down 3-1 and everyone in front fo him basically gave up and started dropping the gloves.)

Respond to this message   
dotcomm
(Login dotcomm)

I don't post often...

December 15 2003, 9:33 AM 

but I do go to and watch all the home games. I just can't see how anyone could say Card had an ok game against the Cougs. Let's remember the game..#1 Card makes brutal error on power play - result short handed break-away goal (first SH goal against of the year)...#2 Card and his partner Cumiskey on ice (with entire 4th line) for the first and third goals.. So there you have it Card was responsible for the SH goal and also he was out there not doing much for 2 other goals...

Just one other note .. I don't understand why Habi puts out our 5th and 6th D-men with our 4th line so much.. I understand that our top 4 D-men need the rest .. however I think he could mix up the d-pairings when the 4th line is out there. I have been noting for the last 3 home games and Habi averages 12 shifts per game with 4th line and 5,6 Dmen, this is often the cause for poor play in our zone and or goals against ...

Go Rockets...BTW Nice goal Brett

Respond to this message   
mxr
(Login mxr)

re: I don't post often..

December 15 2003, 4:27 PM 

Yes, on the shorthanded goal Card did miss play the puck at the blue line which resulted in a sh goal. On the other two goals that he was on the ice for he did in fact take his man out and it was someone else who didn't have their man which then scored. He was on the ice but wasen't directly to fault for the other 2 goals.

Respond to this message   
Big-Fan
(Login Big-Fan)

Re: tonight game.. if i dare talk about it

December 10 2003, 6:22 PM 

As for Deschamps how lost 4 bottom teeth after the puck hit him in the mouth.

That game is a game to forgot.The whole team played like whimmpy lazy dogs that just got beat up by cats.

Guard had a off night and people start talking like he isn't a goalie that suits his record.(whl board)

Remember Guard can not have a good night or bad night with people putting him down.

He has played great so far this season and will just get stronger as we get closer to the end of season.

Last night was another night where l saw Lindlof on the ice when Ray should of been on the ice at least he gives a 110% every time,unlike Lindlof.

The team just bad last night and there is no turning back time.

As l said before Hamilton as plans for players(form college in U.S.) to join hopefully before new year and if things work out that should help the team and you will see Lindlof traded for draft pick.

GO ROCKETS.

Respond to this message   
mxr
(Login mxr)

Big-Fan, how many US college players do we have listed? n/m

December 10 2003, 7:21 PM 

n/m

Respond to this message   
coulterswife
(Login coulterswife)

I agree

December 10 2003, 7:30 PM 

Fans turn on Kelly like Vancouver fans turn on Cloutier. Yes, his defence has alot to do with it, but that's not the only reason he holds these records.

P.S. I'd like to see the guys who think they are fans that sit behind me try to do what Kelly does night in and night out. Yeah try getting across the crease when you are as big as Santa. It's hard to hold my tongue, but cursing wouldn't be very feminine now would it.

Respond to this message   
kristy
(Login kellysgirl1)

you took the words right out of my mouth

December 10 2003, 9:05 PM 

people turn on kelly, he has one bad game and people start doubting his talents, theres many players on the rockets that have had more than their share of off games. it seems goalies qare the easiest to blame. skeptics can say what they want but records and stats dont lie. kelly stands up tall and makes the plays when he needs to. He didn't do that last night but at least he did it now instead of playoffs?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Ruckus!  
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This Net Ring owned by Squig
[Show me other Team Boards ]