<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Ruckus!  

Kelowna Defence

January 9 2004 at 11:00 PM
Confused Fan  (Login Tape2Tape)

Could somebody please help me to understand how and why it works like this and how ice time is awarded? Darren Deschamps has played 45 games, has 4 points and gets a ton of ice time. Kyle Cumiskey has played in only 32 games, sees very little ice and has 4 points also. Same with Palin and Card, 12 and 11 points in 45 games. Palin tons of ice time and Card sometimes very little. I don't understand how ice time is awarded when it seems the players who don't get to play much are actually producing more points in a shorter time? If they evened the playing time out a bit, wouldn't it make sense that maybe they are capable of producing more than the ones that play so much.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
inZaner
(Login inZaner)

Defence..

January 9 2004, 11:42 PM 

Palin and Deschamps are more defensive defensemen, while Card and Cumiskey are more offensive defensemen. You will see Card and Cumiskey out on the power play more often than the other two, and that is where more points come from. Palin and Deschamps you will see on the ice in key defensive situations in the Rockets own end or something like that, where it's pretty hard to come up with points.

I think Habscheid relies upon the defensive 2 during 5 on 5 play rather than the other 2 guys, hence they see more ice time.

inZaner

Respond to this message   
Jovorock
(Login Jovorock)

Here is the pairings

January 10 2004, 6:20 AM 

Gorges and Weber are no. 1 pairing

Palin and Deschamp are no. 2 pairing more of a defensive pair

Card and Cumisky or reinholt are no. 3 pairing

Card started out slow this year and lost his spot in the number two defensive pairings. Card is more offensive and will only get better in time.

Respond to this message   
nixon07
(Login nixon07)

definition of defence

January 10 2004, 10:24 AM 

if you look up the definition of the word defence, you will understand why Card and cuminski are where they are. It is not always about how many points you get in the defensive position, remember that good defence is what wins championships. Also if Deschamps and Palin wre given the same amount of ice time on the powerplay that Card and Cuminski get there point totals would be higher and thats a given.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Kelowna Defence
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Ruckus!  
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This Net Ring owned by Squig
[Show me other Team Boards ]