<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Ruckus!  

hello sportsfans

September 9 2004 at 9:06 PM
kelowna karl  (Login pizen)

as we embark on the first exhibition game of the year I would just like to welcome all you fans back for another entertaining year of good old rockets hockey.

This weekends home and home tilt should be a dandy even though it is only exhibition. Alot of new faces trying to show their skills and earn a roster spot.

Looking forward to seeing all those old faces around the rink, and new ones in Kamloops saturday.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login kellysgirl1)

i need some help..

September 10 2004, 7:48 PM 

can someone give me the full updates of this weekend as i am in calgary. any new players showing their stuff. players not back from camps yet? thanks in advance!

Respond to this message   
Jovorock
(Login Jovorock)

Re: i need some help..

September 11 2004, 7:24 AM 

Last night the Rockets beat the Blazers 3-0.

In goal Kris Westblom played very good, he was positionally perfect like a young Kelly Guard. Even though the Blazers were without alot of there vets, Kris had no problems with the shutout.

As for rookies Colin Joe looked like a little Josh Gorges, but as a 16 yr old probly won't see him until next year.

Chris Ray was flying, he looked great.

Chris Cuthbert was a thorn in every Blazer side, but he is so small 5'9" 168lbs.

Clayton Bauer looked pretty good, should be a fourth liner this year.

Lauris Darzins from Riga Latvia is the real deal, finally we have a great Euro. He was flying and got two goals. Put him with Moisy or Gelech and watch the goal totals go up.

Brandon Weber looks and played like his big brother Shea, I never heard of him and he is a lock for this years team. he TKO'ed Benn Olson in his fight and has as much potential as his brother.

Troy Ofukany from Kamloops is another lock for this year, good skater, got a penaly for roughing, worked hard and looks like he has potential.

Kyle Cumisky had a great game, if Josh doesn't come back, Kyle looks like he could fill some of Josh's shoes. Kyle was flying around there and is looking great.

As for 20 yd olds Gio Flamminio will not steal the fourth 20 yr old job from Deschamps, Darren looked very good back there having played the system for two years. The only way Deschamps won't be here is if Josh comes back.

Over all I am very impressed with the rookies, the future still looks very good.

Respond to this message   
poopy
(Login pizen)

4th 20 year old?

September 11 2004, 10:10 AM 

i thought there is 3 , 20 year olds.....

Respond to this message   
Jovorock
(Login Jovorock)

Re: 4th 20 year old?

September 11 2004, 10:36 AM 

Rumor has it that if the NHL strikes, the CHL will allow four 20 year olds for this year only. The AHL won't be able to take as many 20 year olds this year because they won't be sending as many players to the NHL.

Yes it is rumored, but that's what I hear.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - hello sportsfans
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Ruckus!  
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This Net Ring owned by Squig
[Show me other Team Boards ]