<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Girls made to show panties at school dance

May 1 2002 at 6:05 PM
No score for this post
Mike  (no login)

I ran across this article today on Yahoo and thought it'd be an interesting topic of conversation. I don't know how many high school girls go without panties, but what would you ladies have done if they did this to you and you weren't wearing any? What do you think about this type of panty check in general? Hopefully this can spark some discussion.

Girls Made to Show Panties at School
Dance
Wed May 1, 8:57 AM ET

By Dan Whitcomb

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Angry parents demanded the resignation of a California high school vice
principal after she lifted the skirts of teenage girls at a dance to make sure they were wearing
"appropriate" underwear.

Parents at Rancho Bernardo High School in suburban San Diego say the vice principal, Rita Wilson,
made the girls prove that they were not wearing skimpy thong panties before they were allowed into
the dance on Friday.

In some cases, said Rancho Bernardo parent Kim Teal, girls also were made to partially undress if
Wilson or another teacher suspected that they weren't wearing bras.

"These girls feel violated," said Teal, whose daughter Rebecca, a sophomore, was asked about her
panties but escaped a search after telling Wilson that she was not wearing a thong.

"One girl just cried after having to tell her father this story, she was hiding her head in a sweatshirt,"
Teal said, adding that the girls had their skirts lifted in front of men and their male classmates.

"After a while the girls finally got the idea that they shouldn't say 'thong' when they were asked, even
though that's all they wear now. They won't be caught dead in the locker room wearing regular
underwear," she said Tuesday.

Wilson and Paul Gentle, Rancho Bernardo's principal, were unavailable for comment on the
skirt-lifting.

Don Phillips, superintendent of the Poway Unified School District, said students, staff and others were
being interviewed to determine what happened at the dance, which he said was attended by about 725
pupils.

"The principal is talking with the parents involved," he said. "We are taking this seriously and want to
ensure that any actions to be taken are based on the facts of the situation."

Teal, a 43-year-old attorney, said she learned about the skirt-lifting from her daughter, whose friends
were forced to show their panties in front of boys, teachers and police officers standing at the door.

She said most of the girls who wore skirts or dresses to the dance, which had a "blast from the past"
theme, reported being grilled about their underwear or forced to show them to Wilson or another
teacher.

Teachers also checked several boys who were wearing togas, Teal said, and some girls were asked
about their bras.

"I just got a call from one mom who said her daughter was wearing a poodle skirt and an
off-the-shoulder top and a teacher reached right out and grabbed the front of it and pulled it down to
check," Teal said.

Teal said she and other parents would demand the resignation of Wilson and any other teachers
involved and would also consider filing a lawsuit against the school district for violating the civil rights of
their daughters.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
TGOBG
(no login)

Big Trouble.

Score 5.0 (1 person)
May 1 2002, 7:21 PM 

Those teachers are going to get in a world of trouble, not the least of which could be to be labeled a sexual predators. I know If it had been a male teacher he would have been hauled off to jail. Logic dictates that the women that were doing the searches were probably wearing Grandma bloomers and those industrial strength bras.
Who else would be that uptight to do this kind of crazy stunt.

Geoff
(Login eXseller)

Re: Big Trouble.

Score 5.0 (1 person)
May 1 2002, 10:40 PM 

I agree, the teachers and assistant principal are in for some deep s**t. First off, they have no legal right to perform searches of that nature, second, if a court did approve searches, it is usually done by a police officer of the same sex in a private setting. In this case, I think these individuals should lose their jobs and be tried criminally for sexual misconduct. Let them report to the sex offender list to every new town they move to, and certainly, they should never be allowed to work with or near children or teenagers ever again! If I were ever put to something like that, I'd drop trow, shake my dick in their face then kick as many asses as I could before the cops took me down!

uwless
(no login)

Typically American

No score for this post
May 2 2002, 10:36 AM 

I think this is a typical american thing what happened there. I could not even imagine something like that happening here in Europe. Everything seems to be controlled in the US. But I think there is no reason for and no proovable success of controlling everything (even if girls wear panties) compared to other countries.

Barebelow
(no login)

Re: Girls made to show panties at school dance

No score for this post
May 3 2002, 1:34 AM 

One female student interviewed on TV about the incident, and who seemed to think the inspection was justified, stated she knows that, in addition to the thong wearers, many girls arrive at dances wearing no underwear at all under their skirts. "They're dressed like whores!" she remarked. That's the attitude we are up against, folks.

Swingfree
(no login)

I'm at a loss!

No score for this post
May 4 2002, 9:04 AM 

I'm at a complete loss to understand what is supposed to be wrong with thong underwear, or no underwear at all for that matter. I don't ask my teenage daughter to wear any particular kind of underwear. It's up to her. If she wants to go without underwear or wear crotchless panties or thongs, that's up to her too.

As for bras, the mind boggles. Why should a girl with small breasts especially, be asked to wear something which serves no useful purpose - even if you accept it does for girls with large breasts?

belle
(no login)

invasion...

No score for this post
October 29 2002, 10:07 PM 

Now that IS an invasion of privacy !!!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Communities & GroupsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement